Chakra Wizard

Elite
Kin
14💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah, basically, I'm asking what stories you guys prefer reading in regards to their timeline, whether they're an original work or a fanfiction. Would you prefer something:

- Historically-based (your own ideas or perhaps a retelling of real events)
- Present-day
- Near future (only a few years or decades away)
- Distant future (22nd century and beyond)

Personally, because of the number of creative options they present (particularly in regards to technology), I enjoy those that take place in the distant future, but how about you guys? :)

Last edited:

Deadai

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Past is most interesting for me seeing as how there are more blade & close up battles instead of gun fights which unless done right are just stupid.

Pavoneo

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Ehh, it really all depends on the story in my opinion, and the type of story you're writing. I usually prefer writing/reading in the past tense, but some stories fit a lot better in the present tense :3. I've never been a fan of future tense.

Germanicus

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Historical fiction is most interesting, with present offering very good ground as well.

Future, in both original and fan fiction, I find extremely overdone.

Germanicus

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Historical fiction is most interesting, with present offering very good ground as well.

Chakra Wizard

Elite
Kin
14💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ehh, it really all depends on the story in my opinion, and the type of story you're writing. I usually prefer writing/reading in the past tense, but some stories fit a lot better in the present tense :3. I've never been a fan of future tense.
No, not tense, man. I mean the point in history it takes place in, like so many years ago, now, or so many years in the future. XD

Double posting again, are we, Germanicus? xd

Yeah, true, but you can't deny how fun it is to do=D lol

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,831💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I would like to have voted for more than one option xP FF wise, I think the distant (10-20 years after) future is cool to read about or write about (duh, guess you know what I'm referring to by that xP). As for original work, I think both distant future and distant past works fine, but of course, this is all determined by the story/plot of the work. Reading a OF about WW 1 or 2 would be pretty boring if you ask me, haha xP

But since I had to choose, I chose distant future, although I would have voted for past as well if I could.

Chakra Wizard

Elite
Kin
14💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I would like to have voted for more than one option xP FF wise, I think the distant (10-20 years after) future is cool to read about or write about (duh, guess you know what I'm referring to by that xP). As for original work, I think both distant future and distant past works fine, but of course, this is all determined by the story/plot of the work. Reading a OF about WW 1 or 2 would be pretty boring if you ask me, haha xP

But since I had to choose, I chose distant future, although I would have voted for past as well if I could.
True, but even the most boring moment in history can be made exciting if redone right. Le Chevalier D'Eon proved that:)

Germanicus

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Ah, for the first time you disappoint me Michael. To take a period of the past and bring it back to life is among the highest art possible in writing.

Preferences though, I understand.

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,831💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ah, for the first time you disappoint me Michael. To take a period of the past and bring it back to life is among the highest art possible in writing.

Preferences though, I understand.
I said, the only exception would be doing something about WW 1 or 2, right? There's not without reason to why I find that so damn boring, but is very interested in the Three Kingdoms era ;D

Omega

Legendary
Kin
49💸
Kumi
16💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I personally like the future. I enjoy seeing someone's take on the future world and the tech available or sometimes surprisingly unavailable due to a catastophic event that maybe took place.

Winter Savior

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'd have to say I enjoy all eras. I am a history buff so things done in the past are interesting and I enjoy a good sci if story but I won't look a anything unless it has a good story. Plot is everything. What time period it's in really doesn't matter t me, it's all about the plot and how it relates to said universe or setting.