BlueMeteor

Regular
Kin
20💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Since we've now seen all of them (briefly) who do you guys like the best? I liked wolfheim and the 2nd guy. He looks sweet with that classic magician get up.

Who's your favorite? Also I saw a pic that says Serena looks like yuriy dreyar from fairy tail 0

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There have been many people who said that Serena looked like Yuri, but I honestly think it's just a coincidence as that would mean somehow two of the four Gods of Ishval were founders of FT, but while one clearly looks over a century old and uses his normal name, the other uses a different name and looks younger than his son and grandson. On top of that no one seems to be aware of that supposed connection. So no I don't believe Serena is Yuri.

And I don't like the overall character concepts of the Four Gods of Ishval. Only Serena gives off a bit the vibe strong characters normally have, but the other three not so much. I expected a bit more of them.

Reactions: BlueMeteor

Kiiszame

Regular
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There have been many people who said that Serena looked like Yuri, but I honestly think it's just a coincidence as that would mean somehow two of the four Gods of Ishval were founders of FT, but while one clearly looks over a century old and uses his normal name, the other uses a different name and looks younger than his son and grandson. On top of that no one seems to be aware of that supposed connection. So no I don't believe Serena is Yuri.

And I don't like the overall character concepts of the Four Gods of Ishval. Only Serena gives off a bit the vibe strong characters normally have, but the other three not so much. I expected a bit more of them.
One should not judge a book by its cover. Makarov was once a top saint yet by looking at him you wouldnt be able to tell.

Besides we haven't even seen anything from them to really understand there powers.
Also, about Serena being Yuriy its possible if his magic allows him. From FT zero we still dont know what kind of magic he learned.

milkydean

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The designs were underwhelming though, Even the avatar guys looked stronger and gave serious vibes, maybe when we see them fight
Overall, i like warrod the best, he is modest yet funny

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
One should not judge a book by its cover. Makarov was once a top saint yet by looking at him you wouldnt be able to tell.

Besides we haven't even seen anything from them to really understand there powers.
Also, about Serena being Yuriy its possible if his magic allows him. From FT zero we still dont know what kind of magic he learned.
They are the Four Gods of Ishval, by default they should be quite the mages, I'm not underestimating them. My point is that none of them gives off the vibe nor look like what I would have expected them to look like considering the amount of time we have been waiting to see them. Warrod looks like a brocolli, Wolfheim like a cranky old man and the nr. 2 like a bourgeoisie snob. I don't doubt that they are all powerful, but their character concepts currently don't really appeal to me.

And Yuri learned lightning magic, that was confirmed in the FT Zero spin-off and him being able to make himself look younger still doesn't answer most of questions raised. Not to mention Serena has got those two huge hair antenna's sticking out of his head, something Yuri does not have.

Forbidden Tale

Veteran
Kin
27💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
We still have too see 2-4 mages.

My favorite would be Jellal followed by Makarov, tho it seems there are both not Saints these days (in Jellal's case he is not Saint 100%). So my next would be Jura.

I agree to some extent.

Yuri also should be dead. Makarov is 88 (not counting 7 years of timeskip, plus 1 year between tartarus and avatar arc) and still had two times nearly natural death, during the Fightning Festival arc and Grimoire Hearth arc. So, how is he so healtly when his son, have hearth problems.

Yuri's age - 88 (Makarov's age) + 7 (timeskip) + 1 (timeskip) + 20/30 (age that Yuri had when Makarov was born) = 116/126

And I do agree that he is so young for his age, compared to his son/grandson.

And Precht and Warrod are so old, only because Precht had Demon Hearth, while Warrod is a kinda of tree.

In the end what Obaba said is true. They are not humans.

- Warrod is tree.
- Wolfheim is werewolf.
- Hyberion is vampire.
- Serena is "?", perhaps just "God".

-----

I believe Serena is Phantom Lord's founder/previous guild master. Phantom Lord before Gildarts, Laxus, Mystogan, Titania and Demon's generation, was strongest guild in Fiore. Before their generation in Guild was still present Makarov, possible Precth, Warrod. So Phantom should have some top tier characters in their guild as well.

If Jose joined Alvarez kingdom after Phantom's crush, Serena could do the same in order to avange his former guild.

If Serena is "God" it could explain why is he so young.

Last edited by a moderator: