Alright, before we begin learning anything, you need to understand what the clan is about, our abilities and whatnot. So, I'm gonna ask you some questions pertaining to the clan and you're gonna answer them:
1. What is the Grail, and what is Prana?
2. What are Surgebinders, and how do they gain access to Prana?
3. What are the Surges? How does Prana usage change with each Surge?
The answers are all in the clan submission, so get reading. If anything is unclear, let me know and I'll clarify.
1. The Grail is the crystallization of a highly concentrated amount of Prana that acts as both the key and doorway to the Throne. Now thats simply taken from the clan submission but it basically means the Grail and by extension the Throne is practically composed of prana which is a place all surgebinders are linked too basically. Prana manifests differently for each user typically depending on the faction they are apart of, fallen being red or black etc. Typically prana isn't able to manifest in the real world but they use the Surgebinders as a portal to appear in the real world.
2. Surgebinders are basically servants of the grail and are portals for prana to appear in the real world as I said before. Surgebinders have practically limitless possibilities when it comes to controlling and manipulating prana. Surgebinders typically gain usage to prana by being exposed to it by an existing member, such as how Galahad found he could make more Surgebinders by continuously placing his Knights in the throne and repeating this over numerous days.
3. The Surges are as follows, Surge of Evocation which is the most raw and unrefined surge of the group, it is typically in an energy based form and whatever it touches is transformed into more of the exact same energy, this is supposed to be the most destructive to the world around it surge compared to the others as it is much more unrefined and controlled. The next surge is the Surge of Armament which is basically the NP genre of Surgebinders, it allows the user to call forth prana-enhanced objects such as weapons or armours that are permanently stored in the throne. These noble phantasms practically cover anything ranging from swords, bows, ships etc. These objects contain a large amount of raw Prana inside allowing the object to possess unique abilities. The abilities and objects of this Surge are practically limitless and can be anything that the user can imagine. Surge of Augmentation serves as a way to enhance techniques or living things through prana but cannot be applied to objects which imo is pretty lame. This surge doesn't supply new abilities merely enhances existing ones for example you could use this Surge to travel at 2x speed but once it ends you suffer a similar penalty to the benefit you gained. This surge can also exist to weaken techniques as well for example causing the user's own fire technique to be cooler or a wind techniques wind be less violent. Finally for the C O O L ! Surge of Transcendence, this surge is basically an opposite of the surge of armament where as instead of summoning weapon or objects to the field they summon themselves, opponents, allies, or anything else to the Throne itself. The user gathers a crazy amount of prana in their body and releases it over the surrounding area which travels at 3x the user's movement speed (now idk if this means current moving speed or base moving speed). This allows the user to bring people into their own reality marble but something to note is the prana released to those that are not surgebinders is not harmful to them unlike in Surge of Evocation. But the Reality Marble is essentially a world of the user's own making and they have complete and utter control of the entire world that they are in, being able to manipulate things with simple hand gestures or mental commands. The Reality Marble is essentially the ultimate technique of the Surgebinders and is only able to be made by those HS rank or above and need to be submitted as pccj prior to use.
Good enough, just one thing. Surgebinders do not serve the Grail. Who and what they serve depends on whether they are a Radiant, Fallen, or Divergent. A small detail, but it needs to be made clear because factional alignment is important in the clan.
I'm going to continue training from here on as a different Fallen Surgebinder, since Amara is being decommissioned.
An uncomfortable silence filled the air within the Reality Marble as Gilgamesh's question went unanswered. Amara's cold gaze bore on the King of Heroes for a few seconds too long, and her body suddenly began to quiver and convulse, as if some creature had awakened inside her body, struggling to break free from its cage of flesh and bone. Her already pale complexion began to turn bone white, her nails lengthening and her hair growing longer. Her once petite figure grew more to resemble that of a lean, muscular male, her clothing resembling formal japanese attire more than a simple dress. All the while, Amara was groaning with pain, but her voice distorted, the metamorphosis culminating in the release of a deafening shriek which turned the world of darkness into one resembling a nightmarish hellscape. The sky had turned red, as if dyed with blood, and the floor they stood on was lined with skulls as far as the eye could see. Streaks of lightning rippled out from distant clouds, the ambient sound of painful moaning could be heard throughout the accursed Reality Marble. The man who stood where Amara once did straightened himself, his body still arched back from when its form turned from that which was not his own. His gaze fell upon the King of Heroes, his soothing voice calling out to the golden one. "My my...I do apologise for the abrupt change of scenery. But it had to be done, it would be unwise to be so deceitful to a man of your status. I am Ashiya Dōman...welcome, to my Hell Realm Mandala."
You must be registered for see images
No doubt, his sudden manifestation would cause some confusion within Gilgamesh, but he was uninterested in further small-talk. "You can feel it, no? Though my Reality Marble is not quite as...ethereal, as Amara's, it is of similar potency. Allow the essence of my Mandala to fill your body." The mad onmyōji outstretched a ghastly hand to the King of Heroes, finger pointed at his chest. The Prana that composed the Reality Marble would seep into the King's body through his armour. This was how all Surgebinders established their connection with the Throne. Though tried and true as it was, an extended period of time was required before the trainee would be capable of using Prana. Forcibly exposing trainees to Prana would expedite the process, but it was far less safe. In the eyes of the Fallen, however, it separated the strong from the weak. As for Ashiya himself, it was simply an opportunity to toy with others. Ashiya's form melted away before the King of Heroes, reappearing right in front of him, the onmyōji holding Gilgamesh's chin between his index finger and thumb, as if to inspect him. Opening his hand, Ashiya places his hand on the center of Gilgamesh's chest, suddenly pushing him with great force. The strength he summoned was beyond the realm of the ordinary, for he had augmented himself with the Strength of Heracles, sending the King stumbling backwards a considerable distance. The power of his strike broke the chest armour of the King of Heroes, exposing his upper body. The Prana would flow into Gilgamesh's body all the same, Ashiya merely wanted to play with his food. A small grin curls on the lips of the onmyōji, as if goading the King of Heroes to fight back. Whether or not Gilgamesh would be able to manifest the power of Prana was entirely up to him, from this point on.
The conversation between Amara and Gilgamesh had run quiet, like a dreaded silence had overcome the area around them, with neither of them flinching until in a single moment the woman before Gilgamesh had begun to move, twist, bend and crack almost as if she had been possessed by something else. "Hoh? And what is this?" The womans body continued to move irregularly, even changing the landscape around them, causing the place to become dark and red with skulls all about, almost as if they were on a war field, until the very shape of the body before hims original construction had changed almost entirely, the small woman before Gilgamesh had suddenly spawned a male looking figure of oddity. The figure before him spoke elegantly, seemed as if he knew exactly who he was speaking to. "My my...I do apologise for the abrupt change of scenery. But it had to be done, it would be unwise to be so deceitful to a man of your status. I am Ashiya Dōman...welcome, to my Hell Realm Mandala." Gilgamesh simply stared at the man with observant eyes of course he was interested in what had just transpired before him but before he got the chance to question the man he was interrupted with the mans voice once again. "You can feel it, no? Though my Reality Marble is not quite as...ethereal, as Amara's, it is of similar potency. Allow the essence of my Mandala to fill your body." Upon finishing this sentence the man extended a hang out towards the King with a sole finger pointing at his chest, as the man did so Gilgamesh felt a strange presence seep into him, something he hadn't felt before, it flowed all over his body going through every system of his body but within an instant the mans form disappeared and he had reappeared in the face of the King of Heroes in an upright attempt to loom over him, before Gilgamesh could say a word he was suddenly pushed with a tremendous amount of force from the mans hand causing the King of Heroes to be sent backwards a fair distance, shattering his armour in the process. The rage built inside of Gilgamesh the very energy he had felt earlier was swirling and growing inside of his body with each passing second he looks directly into the eyes of the man before him, piercing him with a look that could almost kill most ordinary men. "You dare lay a hand on me? You think too highly of yourself, Mongrel" With Gilgamesh now rising to his feet and his palms lay open he attempted to manipulate the energy he was feeling into his palms, trying to allow it to pass through his body and out into the world after all this place was made of the very same energy, as he did so the energy inside him leaked out through his palms to begin with in a golden colour, almost like it was entirely consisting of pure energy it would release out in small balls of this golden energy and would slowly spread over the surrounding area, illuminating everything around him with his brilliance. The King would look towards the grinning man with his own wide spread smile.
"Hou..." Ashiya observed the King's attempt to manifest his own Prana. Faint glimmers of light shone in the air around them, struggling against the suffocating aura of the hellscape that was Ashiya's Reality Marble. Though they faded within moments of their creation, it was a sign of the connection Gilgamesh had established with the Throne. He had taken his first steps to wielding the gift of Prana. Disappearing and rematerialising once again, this time placing himself behind the King of Heroes, the onmyōji speaks softly to the newly-annointed Surgebinder. "Now that you are connected to the Throne, Prana is yours to use as you see fit. What you just did was a basic manifestation of the Surge of Evocation. That is, the creation of raw Prana. It is itself a portal to the Throne, but will eat away at those who touch it who do no possess its gift. Now... let us see how you fare, King of Heroes."
(Kanki: Kigen no Kamigami) – Surge of Evocation: Era of Gods
Chakra Cost: 10-40
Damage Points: N/A
Description: This technique encompasses the basic applications of the Surge of Evocation. The Surge of Evocation is the usage of Prana in its raw and unrefined form; whatever this Prana touches is transformed into ethereal energy and transported to the Throne. Prana will neutralize and be neutralized by techniques that possess the same amount of chakra. Similarly it will be useless against attacks of greater chakra and will not be weakened by techniques of lower chakra. However when used on living targets this ambient energy will feel extremely frigid to the touch and induce cold burns on contact or even freeze a target solid for higher ranked applications. D to B-Rank uses will inflict cold burns as well as all of the effects of frostbite. A-Rank uses will cause necrosis of the afflicted parts of the body, making them appear dark purple and bruised to signify the death of cells. Affected appendages and organs will cease to function, becoming completely immobile in the case of limbs. S rank uses will freeze the struck targets solid. In the case of Surgebinders, who are immune to all of the above effects, they will be transported to the Throne when struck by the prana of another member of their clan. Era of Gods can be split into three separate applications, all based on the same principle: constructs, armors, and familiars made of prana energy.
Pride of Gilgamesh – Gates of Babylon
The Pride of Gilgamesh allows the user to produce Prana either from the user’s body or on the battlefield. The Prana can only be manifested within short-range of the opponent if the user is also within that range, in which it must be created a minimum of one meter away. This restriction does not apply if the user chooses to release the Prana from their body, rather than manifest it away from themselves. The energy can be released from the body via various hand signs depending on the user's rank in the clan. This can be done to generate constructs bound only by the rank of technique used and one’s imagination; alternatively the user can simplify the application by creating streams, waves, and constructs of Prana. Manifested Prana is capable of taking solid form, granting tangibility at the user’s volition. Non-projectile uses of this technique are capable of levitating and can be governed through mental commands and a sustained chakra cost. B-Ranks and below are sustained through 5 chakra per turn, A-Ranks and above require 10 chakra per turn. Created constructs will last three turns per usage unless they are prematurely cancelled. S-Rank applications can only be used once every three turns and no Prana in the user’s next turn.
Embrace of Ishtar – Armory of Akkadia
This variant allows the user to manifest armors, auras, and coatings of Prana around their body. This can be used to enshroud a single or multiple body parts in a layer of colored energy. These defenses can be made to fit the body like conventional armors or enveloping it in a formless manner. The first type can be created with additional limbs and appendages such as wings which enable flight. The user can also constantly reshape it and create small-scale weapons from the body of the armor, though at the cost of one of the user's three moves. It should be noted that these constructs remain attached to the main body of the armor and so act as an extension of it. The second type generates a “flowing aura” that appears to flicker like an open flame. This aura is often made as an upwards column that is streamed into the sky with its base remaining around the user. It should be noted that its power is not split or divided as all of the Prana energy is part of one whole. The armors can exhibit tangibility, although this does not hinder the user’s techniques and their passing which can freely move in and out of the armor per the user’s will. B-Rank and below applications require being sustained with 5 chakra per turn while A and S Ranks require 10 chakra per turn. This technique can last a maximum of three turns. S-Rank applications can be used twice per battle. After an S-Rank application expires the user is unable to utilize Prana single turn.
Divinity of Merlin – Garden of Avalon
The Divinity of Merlin allows the user to produce Prana in the same way as the Pride of Gilgamesh and can be shaped in the same way, limited by rank and imagination. However, unlike the Pride of Gilgamesh which creates static constructs the Divinity of Merlin creates constructs imbued with a limited form of sentience – familiars. These familiars can be created anywhere on the battlefield, with the exception of short-range of the opponent unless the user is also within that range; in this case the familiar cannot be created within two meters of the opponent. This restriction does not apply if the user chooses to release the Prana from their body. Familiars are capable of taking numerous shapes, not simply limited to animals. These familiars are also capable of taking solid form at the user’s volition. Familiars are capable of remaining on the battlefield for four turns. B-Ranks and below are sustained through 5 chakra per turn, A-Ranks and above require 10 chakra per turn. S-Rank applications can only be used twice times per battle and no Prana in the user’s next turn.
Note: The upper echelon of the clan (Servants and above) are capable of using this technique without hand signs for B-rank and below. A-rank will require two hand signs and S-rank requires three.
Note: The lower tier clan members (Phantasms to Guardians) will require 5 to 3 hand seals for all ranks, decreasing as they they ascend in rank.
We'll start by getting you to perform each application in-char. Start with Gate of Babylon in your next post, and we'll keep going post by post. If you have any questions, do ask. It can be OOC, just the RP the actual performance of the technique.