-Liquid Cefka-

Veteran
Kin
23💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I saw a few vids on what allegedly were the causes of Bleach's nose dive of popularity, and quite frankly its kinda sad really. I always liked Bleach to an extent(I never got into as much Naruto)but from what I saw, th characters were raw as hell to be frank. The arcs and plots were a little shaky tho, amd Ive seen many times where bleach was dubbed generic flat out. The abilities and characters however were enough for me to over look the criticism of others, especially since an anime has to be overly trash for me to even be critical of it anyway seeing as it doesnt take alot for me to be impressed with an anime/manga, I jus like cool ass characters, over powered villains and regular looking women lol I hate huge breasted females, it takes away from the seriousness to me.

I love kenpachi, aizen(before hogyuku fusion bs), grimmjow, shunsui,and yammamoto. all beasts.

how did u feel? About noticing the decline of Bleach, and seeing its conclusion.

Reactions: zeezzay

Umari Senju

Legendary
Kin
238💸
Kumi
96💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The espada (much like the Akatsuki to Naruto) where the highlights of the series imho. These villains and the fraccion were built up as much as the captains and vice captains.

We got to know their histories, their driving force behind why they followed Aizen. They defeated the heroes time and time again before their fall. Everything from their designs to their personalities were memorable.

I think the main problem was Ichigo himself. He was even more generic than your average Shonen protagonist. The guy had absolutely no long term goals. His reasons for everything wasto protect his friends. Noble sure, but what wasit that Ichigo wanted for himself?

Naruto wanted to be Hokage
Luffy want s to be king of the pirates
Light Yagami wanted to rid the world of evil doers
Gon wanted to find his father
Ichigo ........no goals at all.

After Ichigo defeated Aizen, a long time villain, and lost his powers it should have ended there but they threw the Quincy in as the final villains with no real introduction to the various Quincy, very little motive and too many introduced at one time to really get a feel for any of them.

Then their powers were just ridiculous. The power to perform miracles? The all seeing? The power of imagination?....really? It's no wonder its popularity started to decline.

Reactions: Princess Kaguya

-Liquid Cefka-

Veteran
Kin
23💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The espada (much like the Akatsuki to Naruto) where the highlights of the series imho. These villains and the fraccion were built up as much as the captains and vice captains.

We got to know their histories, their driving force behind why they followed Aizen. They defeated the heroes time and time again before their fall. Everything from their designs to their personalities were memorable.

I think the main problem was Ichigo himself. He was even more generic than your average Shonen protagonist. The guy had absolutely no long term goals. His reasons for everything wasto protect his friends. Noble sure, but what wasit that Ichigo wanted for himself?

After Ichigo defeated Aizen, a long time villain, and lost his powers it should have ended there but they threw the Quincy in as the final villains with no real introduction to the various Quincy, very little motive and too many introduced at one time to really get a feel for any of them.

Then their powers were just ridiculous. The power to perform miracles? The all seeing? The power of imagination?....really? It's no wonder its popularity started to decline.
I understand what you're saying, but I hear that's associated with kubo's sickness. the amount of effort required to keep up with production demands wore on em

Styles

Legendary
Kin
16💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Bleach is boring as hell with a MC that had no purpose or drive but to protect people who could protect themselves.

Half of his fights are also half assed/asspulled.

Bleach went downhill like everyone said after the Aizen fight.
Then there was the whole Ichigo Quincy business.

Jazzy Stardust

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
hmm, Bleach was the case of style over substance

i mean its an extremely stylish concept as a whole. its just the writing was terrible, Kubo butchered it. he wrote himself into corners blatantly. i honestly thought he would just make it up on the spot sometimes

but for me it was the first season. Ichigo didnt know anything about being a shinigami but he basically solo'd the whole soul society. then next season it was like they all forgot that happened, what? so many blatant asspulls and the worst dialogue during fights

Michelle

Legendary
Kin
9,012💸
Kumi
3,787💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I understand what you're saying, but I hear that's associated with kubo's sickness. the amount of effort required to keep up with production demands wore on em
This is regretfull, Kubo is an awesome mangaka and maybe he needed more time to think better the plot and the ending. He wanted to make it too complicated and kinda ruined it in the final arc. Though, the final arc has some very good moments, so it was okeish.
It got dragged on too long. The same with Naruto, and OP is following the same path.
Naruto ended to sudden and should have some of the fillers from the anime in the manga. But it was Kishis need for stop it at 700.
All of them, Kishi, Kubo and Oda are workaholic guys and they gave their health to make so long manga. From an amount of effort, the amount of money dont bring enough satisfaction so they dont work anymore for money. I think they really are awesome and gave me in the last 9 years more joy than i could imagine when i discovered the manga/anime.

Zexion~

Legendary
Kin
21💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

The Espada besides Grimm and Ulqiorra did not win one fight and were effortlessly trolled by the captains lol.

I still enjoyed the last manga arc up until he decided to rush everything and troll the hell out of some of the characters lol the Quincy imo were COOLER than the Espada just because they actually pushed the captains lol and Askin was still one of the best characters in bleach to this day, everyone just hypes the espada as the best arc because

-Popular opinion
-It has an anime
-Fanboys
-You learn their pasts

Lol Manga was still good imo especially if you follow along with Soul Madness.

Kin
43💸
Kumi
18💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I actually think Bleach started to lose popularity during Fake Karakura Town. Everything before that was fine really, but Fake Karakura Town was so bad, especially for a concluding Arc to the Arrancar Saga and Part I as a whole. Fullbring finally made the Bleach fans jump ship however, that Arc is even worse than Fake Karakura Town and the second half of the Thousand Year Blood War.

Anyway, I actually do think Bleach is making a comeback recently. I mean the volume sales shot up from 90 million to 120 million sometime after the Manga ended for one thing.