[Discussion] Fairy Tail is a better version of One Piece

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
People say Fairy Tail is a one piece rip off.Fairy Tail has taked ideas from One Piece but for the most part, Fairy Tail has successfully executed them better. Its a much better series than One piece anyway. What do you think?

Im Still Robin

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This thread solo'd itself laughable diff -

I love me some fairy tail, but Gray is basically Sasuke and Natsu is Narudo. That's not a bad thing at all because I hate Naruto and Natsu and actually like Gray and Sasuke.

One Piece ... I like Luffy (the actual main character) more than I like side characters (which are freaking great side characters btw) like Shanks, Mihawk, Law .. freaking Law (closest person to sauce), Ace, Sabo, Whitebeard, Blackbeard, Doffy, Jinbei, EVEN THE HOLY PIRATE KING HIMSELF, etc.

There are a billion more characters you can like in One Piece that actually have great feats, accomplished many great things, etc.

Fairy Tail or Naruto hasn't made me feel this way about an anime.

I love all three as well too. Equally actually. I won't change up, Narudo is still my #1 even though I admit it loses.

6thHokage

Legendary
Kin
1,259💸
Kumi
2,391💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This thread solo'd itself laughable diff -

I love me some fairy tail, but Gray is basically Sasuke and Natsu is Narudo. That's not a bad thing at all because I hate Naruto and Natsu and actually like Gray and Sasuke.

One Piece ... I like Luffy (the actual main character) more than I like side characters (which are freaking great side characters btw) like Shanks, Mihawk, Law .. freaking Law (closest person to sauce), Ace, Sabo, Whitebeard, Blackbeard, Doffy, Jinbei, EVEN THE HOLY PIRATE KING HIMSELF, etc.

There are a billion more characters you can like in One Piece that actually have great feats, accomplished many great things, etc.

Fairy Tail or Naruto hasn't made me feel this way about an anime.

I love all three as well too. Equally actually. I won't change up, Narudo is still my #1 even though I admit it loses.
I tried to get into One Piece but I dropped it like five times.

Commander Axe

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I could never get into One Piece...just couldnt, but Fairy Tail is shit lately, and seems to be nothing but a copy and paste of Naruto recently. Either way in my eyes they both suck

Kyuurama

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I haven't seen much of either but One Piece seems to be more developed (even though I like Fairy Tail). They both have pros and cons.

YellowFang

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I got into anime/manga through Naruto... so, it has it's own edge in my views...
But after that I got straight into OP after looking for a new anime/manga for about few months. But I like FT too...

Olorin

Legendary
Kin
268💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Its funny how OP fans are satisfied by just liking One Piece

But for some reason FT fans have to justify it by "comparing" it to One Piece because it's "similar"

Why not just enjoy the manga? I like both (though it's obvious which one I prefer)

Though this comment isnt exclusively directed at the OP because hes obv a troll, still the fact remains that he did choose OP as the comparison

I could never get into One Piece...just couldnt, but Fairy Tail is shit lately, and seems to be nothing but a copy and paste of Naruto recently. Either way in my eyes they both suck
My dad bought me a Led Zepp CD when I was young, I listened to one song and I thought it sucked so I made up my mind that they suck ... Not that long after I saw just how wrong I was :)

Last edited:

fiend

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I really don't know why these threads are created or what benefit the give to any community. Just recently a Naruto vs FT thread was there where people were bashing one series or the other.

Usual complaints are:-
1.Character A is Similar to Character B:-
These are called as archetypes which have been established as long as fiction existed.

2.Series A is better than Series B:-
This is highly subjective tastes of people differ so to bash one series over the other or someone elses tates is complete stupidity.
Here see this:-

Both FT and OP are very different series and doesn't compare at all. It's like comparing Halo with Skyrim or Dark souls.

3.Series A Stole from series B:-
While certain elements might be derived from an earlier idea, those are changed, modified, their structure is completely altered so as to say this is unfair and just wrong.
I'll give examples:-
Berserk one of the best seinen is quite inspired from legends.
Guts' iron arm, in his original character concept, is very similar to Götz von Berlichingen's iron arm, which is kept in the Nürnberg Museum. Berlichigen was a German knight and leader of a band of mercenary soldiers, with a reputation as a Robin Hood figure. In 1504, his right arm was struck off by enemy cannon fire and a prosthetic iron arm was developed to replace it.

It has similarities with movie army of darkness:-
You must be registered for see images

But is berserk stolen no is completely different from the movie or legend, just derivative.

In the same way HxH has similarities with naruto or HxH has similarities with DBZ or FT with OP or FT with Naruto.
It's just ludicrous to say it's stolen or copied.

Here this is what Jazz legend Sonny Rollins about originality:-
You must be registered for see images

4.Series A's plot is stronger than B:- Each and every series has it's strong points and weak points. If it isn't completely stupid manga shouldn't be discarded.

So these threads serve no purpose whatsoever. Taste is highly subjective.

On the question of FT and OP, I find OP more enjoyable(despite it being in my backlog) but Fairy Tail gives me enough enjoyment weekly which for me is more than enough.

Series bashing is useless, if you don't like it then just drop it.

PS Broaden your Horizons try some manga like Space Brothers, Welcome to NHK, YYK,Real, Vagabond, GTO, Kenshin etc. etc.

Last edited: