Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
My brother bought an external hardrive that's a terabyte. It worked perfectly until I cancelled while transferring data then it went crazy. The pc and laptops began to have trouble picking the tera up and it would just disconnect by itself. Its so bad now that when you plug it in, the hardrive doesn't show by my computer but only by device and printers. The only options available are eject, create shortcut, troubleshoot and properties. We tried formatting it already but nothing seems to work.

my question is whether there is a way to fix it or if we should just get another one

Help will be appreciated :)

~Shadowhunter Princess~

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

7PointOh

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Not enough info to help.

Does it get power from the computer or does it have a power cord?
Is it a NAS drive or do you connect through usb?
Have you tried connecting to other ports?
Have you tried a different cable?
Is it making a clicking noise? If yes. get a new one.

~Shadowhunter Princess~

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Not enough info to help.

Does it get power from the computer or does it have a power cord?
Is it a NAS drive or do you connect through usb?
Have you tried connecting to other ports?
Have you tried a different cable?
Is it making a clicking noise? If yes. get a new one.
It has a power cord and it works as a usb drive.
Yes. We've tried other computers and laptops as well. I don't understand the cable part :confused:
Its not making any weird noises. It sounds pretty normal I think.

When I put it in today it was showing by my computer as Local Disk H but when I tried to scan and open it, it didn't want to work.

7PointOh

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It has a power cord and it works as a usb drive.
Yes. We've tried other computers and laptops as well. I don't understand the cable part :confused:
Its not making any weird noises. It sounds pretty normal I think.

When I put it in today it was showing by my computer as Local Disk H but when I tried to scan and open it, it didn't want to work.
Since it's usb try a different usb cable. Cables go bad. The power cable might have gone bad too. Have you tried to reformat under disk management. It should be in control panel>administrative tools>computer management>storage>disk management. You should be able to do alot more there. Like change the drive letter and other stuff.

lubricati0n

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Try and change the drive letter?

1)Open Computer Management by clicking the Start button-->Control Panel-->System and Security(sort by category)-->Administrative Tools-->Computer Management.
2)On the left side, click Disk Management.
3)Right-click the drive that you want to change, and then go Change Drive Letter and Paths.
4)To change a drive letter, click Change, click Assign the following drive letter, click the letter that you want to use, and then click OK.