Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Even though I went to training, Bakuton is still new to me, so please be patient!
Unpack this one for me. We'll start here, going one at a time to make sure you totally understand everything about these techniques.

Type: Offensive, Defensive, Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra: 40 (-10 per turn)
Damage: 80
Description: The user focuses and channels copious amounts of Bakuton chakra throughout their entire body causing the user’s very form to manifest the properties of pure Bakuton chakra. The result is the user’s body, not simply their skin, will turn into raw explosive energy. The explosive energy manifests itself as a dark bloody crimson expanding throughout the user. This technique, in essence, causes the user to transform into a living bomb. Vestments of Divine Imperials provides inherent natural defenses through this transformation. However, despite what this technique suggests, this does not cause the user to become a suicide bomb. The basic defenses provided by Vestments of Divine Imperials is essentially a reactive armor taking on the properties of an explosion while also allowing the user, because of the very nature of their body, to become immune to their own explosions. The reactive defense provided by Vestments causes opposing techniques, within elemental weaknesses and strengths, to strike the user’s body and produce a reactive natural explosion. The explosions produced act as a natural defense enabling the user to neutralize invading forces. These explosions, due to their neutralizing nature, will reflect the size, speed, and power of the invading force. Because of the user’s incredible control enabled by Vestments of Divine Imperials they will be able to decide entirely at their volition whether objects which strike them will be met by an explosion or not. This only applies to objects which the user has awareness of. Objects and forces which strike the user unknowingly will be naturally met by an explosion of the above set proportions whether according to the user’s will or not. Because the user effectively transforms and converts his body into raw explosive energy he sheds certain traits of his biological body. No longer can the user suffer from pain, rendering them unable to use pain to release from illusionary techniques. Additionally, the user can no longer suffer from the biological effects of poisons, yet certain corrosive agents can still harm the user’s explosive form in some ways if not able to be overpowered by the explosion. However, the user is also vulnerable to Lightning Release techniques due to their unique interactions with Explosion Release. In essence Lightning Release is able to diffuse explosions effectively resulting in the paralysis of the user should he or she be struck. This technique enables the user to defend against S-Ranks and below of neutral elements (A-Ranks and below for weaknesses, F-Ranks and below for strengths). If the user is struck by an attack weaker than their transformation, their explosive form will not weaken or decrease in power at all. If the user is struck with an attack that will neutralize their transformation, the two cancel one another out and the user reverts to their original form unharmed. If the user is struck with an attack that overpowers their transformation, the user's body reverts to it's original form and sustains the remaining damage (after the collision of techniques). Aside from this the user’s ability to weave hand seals, mold chakra, and otherwise all abilities prior to their conversion remain normal. However, while Vestments of Divine Imperials is active the user is only able to use Bakuton and the elements which compose it, their primary elemental affinity and any CEs based on these elements as well as non-elemental abilities. Vestments of Divine Imperials lasts for four turns and can be used twice per battle. On the turn this technique expires the user is unable to produce Lightning, Earth, or Explosive techniques above S-Rank in the same turn. Additionally, upon expiration the user’s body is returned back to its normal biological state. Due to the conversion the user’s base speed will be reduced by 2 levels one turn thereafter. Explosions which occur from the user’s body, voluntarily or not, happen passively but cost one of the user’s three moves per turn. Seals and items otherwise on the user's body during their transformation retain their normal abilities. Body seals will become inscribed as explosive energy in their normal positions.

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
Ok, Im gonna write down my thoughts as I read this.

So you flood every cell with bakuton chakra, causing a full body surge. anything that comes into contact with your body creates a reactive explosion outwards, where the user is immune to the explosion.
"The reactive defense provided by Vestments causes opposing techniques, within elemental weaknesses and strengths, to strike the user’s body and produce a reactive natural explosion. The explosions produced act as a natural defense enabling the user to neutralize invading forces. These explosions, due to their neutralizing nature, will reflect the size, speed, and power of the invading force. "
While I believe this may not be true, hypothetically does it mean if youre struck by a 90+ damage punch, the reacting explosion is equal to that power?
Makes the user immune to being able to release via pain from genjutsu.
Makes user immune to bio poisons, but corrosive substances can still harm the user.
Also makes the user vunerable to lightning, does it mean extra damage?
"This technique enables the user to defend against S-Ranks and below of neutral elements (A-Ranks and below for weaknesses, F-Ranks and below for strengths). If the user is struck by an attack weaker than their transformation, their explosive form will not weaken or decrease in power at all. If the user is struck with an attack that will neutralize their transformation, the two cancel one another out and the user reverts to their original form unharmed. If the user is struck with an attack that overpowers their transformation, the user's body reverts to it's original form and sustains the remaining damage (after the collision of techniques). "
Ohh ok well that answers my question above then.
Can only use bakuton and elements that make up bakuton, as well as CE if they share the same chakra compositions as well.
Lasts 4 turns, and can be used twice per battle.
"On the turn this technique expires the user is unable to produce Lightning, Earth, or Explosive techniques above S-Rank in the same turn. Additionally, upon expiration the user’s body is returned back to its normal biological state. Due to the conversion the user’s base speed will be reduced by 2 levels one turn thereafter. Explosions which occur from the user’s body, voluntarily or not, happen passively but cost one of the user’s three moves per turn. " fairly standard restrictions I guess?
"Seals and items otherwise on the user's body during their transformation retain their normal abilities. Body seals will become inscribed as explosive energy in their normal positions. "
Does not apply to me as I do not have seals, but useful to know for future reference as well.

Am I missing anything?

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
-While I believe this may not be true, hypothetically does it mean if youre struck by a 90+ damage punch, the reacting explosion is equal to that power?

The explosion is always, in potency, equal to the technique's strength. What this sentence is meant to reflect is the magnitude of the explosion itself. So if you're hit by a rock, you won't create some big earth shattering blast. If you're struck by a meteor... well now we're talking.

-Also makes the user vunerable to lightning, does it mean extra damage?

You're now elementally weak to lightning as an individual. So a lightning technique that does equal damage to Vestments will effectively inflict an additional rank in damage. The technique itself doesn't gain any potency. It's just that now you're weak to it. And yeah. It's described below.

Seems you got it all. Note that the end states the reactive explosion is "passive but costs a move." This was poor writing on my part. What it really should say is that it doesn't take up an individual moment in the timeframe (allowing you to do things simultaneously). But it still costs a move.

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
Ok thank you for explaining.
So 1 is reactive to the size of the attack you take is relative yo the size of the blast you reproduce.

2 is as you said weak to lightning as an individual similar to the cyborg trait.

And understood on the last passive part

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Next up:

Type: Offensive, Defensive, Supplementary
Range: Short - Long
Chakra: 30
Damage: N/A
Description: Imperial Authority is designed to only be used while Vestments of Divine Imperials is active. Applying the user’s Explosive energy state the user becomes able to shape their body into anything which suits their needs at the given moment. The technique can produce appendages of varying shapes and sizes to be used as weapons to strike an opponent. Authority can go as far as allowing the user to shape their body into whatever form comes from their imagination as long as the size does not exceed twice their original form. When Vestments of Divine Imperials is deactivated or expires the user’s form will revert to its original shape and size. Reverting to the user’s original form with this technique requires the user use one of their three moves per turn. Imperial Authority can be used four times per battle.

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
So, I gather that this technique is capable of manipulating a body to form any shape or tool the user wishes, "as long as the size does not exceed twice their original form "
Can only be used while Vestments is active.
No turn limit, as the turn limit is in the Vestments jutsu.
However can only be used 4 times.
Reverting a hand or whatever takes up a move per turn.

If you produce say a sword or whatever, and strike someone, does this deal This techniques damage or Vestments damage?