[Theory] Explaination of why tobi and kakashi have not gone blind

d3juan1

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i wrote this in another thread but i'm making my own thread to share with all of narutobase because i see this question coming up a lot and i think my theory is pretty hole proof. so feel free to try and find any flaws and argue your points.

i think its obvious why kakashi nor tobi has went blind from using the mangekyou sharingan. think about it for a second.where in the manga does it say that the eyes have to be MANGEKYOU before being transplanted to find new eternal light? with that being said i could assume that kakshi's mangkyou sharingan was activated as a eternal mangekyou sharingan could i not? now some could argue that it doesn't look like a ems right? well the reason it isn't a combination of two MS is because kakashi isn't uchiha and therefor never had a MS to begin with. am i making sense here? and the same could go for tobi. i believe that is why his mangekyou hasn't been shown yet. because it could give away one of two things. one being that he is not a uchiha if his mangekyou doesn't show another MS pattern mixed with obito's or two it would tell his true identity if we get to see that second MS pattern and compare it to known MS users. thats just how my brain processed it all. i could be wrong but i don't think so.

Last edited:

From the Dark Spire

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
sorry, I just really don't understand this theory. How could they have been transplanted as eternal mangekyo first of all? I mean from what I've watched and read, Obito gave kakashi his eye, and now, it may seem like at this point, tobi took obito's eye. In the series, Kakashi has had the three tomoe sharingan. How did he go from three tomoe to eternal mangekyo? I DO understand wat you mean about them NOT going blind though.

d3juan1

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
sorry, I just really don't understand this theory. How could they have been transplanted as eternal mangekyo first of all? I mean from what I've watched and read, Obito gave kakashi his eye, and now, it may seem like at this point, tobi took obito's eye. In the series, Kakashi has had the three tomoe sharingan. How did he go from three tomoe to eternal mangekyo? I DO understand wat you mean about them NOT going blind though.
i'm not saying they were transplanted as a MS obviously they were regular 3 tomoe sharingan eyes but what i am saying is that they were transplanted with eternal light which explains why kakshi hasn't gone blind after unlocking the MS. as for hoe kakashi unlocked the mangeyou exactly .. well .. :shrug: i haven't really thought about that question much.

hunk143

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I get it... He's trying to say that Transplanting Sharingan brings the Eternal Light whether you're transplanting a MS or 3 tomoe irrespective of that. :D
And he doesn't know how the Eternal Light gets there... 'Cos its just a theory.
Fair Enough. But i'll wait for Kishi to explain things here. :p

Edit: Damn! Why is this :p smiley so angry? Just doesn't express my expression. Meh! never mind.

Nittskay

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
3-tomoe sharingan doesn't lose light...

Anyway, good logic by OP.

It made me remember something thought -- Kakashi mentioned the light leaving Itachi's eyes, and we later discovered Kakashi had the MS himself, so it's safe to conclude that Kakashi's light is fading.

*If* the MS is transferred to another Uchiha, this is definitely plausible.

d3juan1

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I get it... He's trying to say that Transplanting Sharingan brings the Eternal Light whether you're transplanting a MS or 3 tomoe irrespective of that. :D
And he doesn't know how the Eternal Light gets there... 'Cos its just a theory.
Fair Enough. But i'll wait for Kishi to explain things here. :p

Edit: Damn! Why is this :p smiley so angry? Just doesn't express my expression. Meh! never mind.
bingo

d3juan1

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
3-tomoe sharingan doesn't lose light...

Anyway, good logic by OP.

It made me remember something thought -- Kakashi mentioned the light leaving Itachi's eyes, and we later discovered Kakashi had the MS himself, so it's safe to conclude that Kakashi's light is fading.

*If* the MS is transferred to another Uchiha, this is definitely plausible.
i don't really agree with you hear. just because kakashi spoke of itachi losing his light doesn't mean it's safe to say he is losing his as well. he's shown no signs of it so far. but hey maybe you're right. we'll see.

Wysten

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Because, unlike Itachi and Sasuke, he has a perfectly healthy eye independant of it and only uses the Sharigan when he is fighting. Hence his eyesight isn't a issue that needs to be made an example of, unlike the brothers who have to endure with their eyes for everything.

How would he have known if he wasn't suffering something simlar in his own eye? Otherwise he wouldn't have had the known about it at all.

As for Tobi, I imagine that will be filled in later. It will be vital piece of knowledge that we could not have possibly known up to this point. Like a third sharigan on his forehead that turns out to be in constant MS.

Also, fapping makes one blind. Obivously Itachi and Sasuke have done too much of it.

Flash

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well....actually I feel the same....lol
Infact even I mentioned this theory in one of the threads......
The fact that when you transplant the sharingan it goes eternal.....even if it is just 3 tomoe

Flash

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The fact that when you transplant the sharingan it goes eternal.....even if it is just 3 tomoe

d3juan1

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Because, unlike Itachi and Sasuke, he has a perfectly healthy eye independant of it and only uses the Sharigan when he is fighting. Hence his eyesight isn't a issue that needs to be made an example of, unlike the brothers who have to endure with their eyes for everything.

How would he have known if he wasn't suffering something simlar in his own eye? Otherwise he wouldn't have had the known about it at all.

As for Tobi, I imagine that will be filled in later. It will be vital piece of knowledge that we could not have possibly known up to this point. Like a third sharigan on his forehead that turns out to be in constant MS.
Also, fapping makes one blind. Obivously Itachi and Sasuke have done too much of it.
he could have read it with his sharingan and thats how he knew. if he was losing his light why isn't he showing any signs? his eyes doesn't bleed or anything. look at how fast sasuke started to show the effects. kakashi is spamming his MS right now almost just as much as sasuke did

exactly. this is the only thing that would explain why kakashi shows no signs of going blind,ss