itsxtrayy

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ok, so we learned from the Fukasaku that in order to enter sage mode, you have to balance the Nature energy you take in with your physical and spiritual energy perfectly, if you take in too little you cant enter sage mode and if you take in too much you turn into a frog:
You must be registered for see images

We also learn that if you don't have large enough chakra reserves Nature energy would take you over right away and turn you into a statue instantly:

So my question is this: If you've been fighting all day and you're low on chakra shouldn't you be unable to use sage mode(Iknow Naruto was in Rsm which is different i'm just talking about in general) or draw on natural energy? Since the amount of chakra in your body is so low wouldn't you drawing on that energy turn you into a statue instantly? This is what i'm talking about:

Sasuke says this to Naruto:

Naruto doesn't have enough chakra to even use a bijuu dama, but taking in all the natural energy on the earth isn't enough to turn him into a statue? Am I missing something or is it an inconsistency? Also, (sad that I have to say this) this isn't me hating on Naruto it's a legit question.

Reactions: The Demon Hawk

FreakensteinAG

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ok, so we learned from the Fukasaku that in order to enter sage mode, you have to balance the Nature energy you take in with your physical and spiritual energy perfectly, if you take in too little you cant enter sage mode and if you take in too much you turn into a frog:
We also learn that if you don't have large enough chakra reserves Nature energy would take you over right away and turn you into a statue instantly:

So my question is this: If you've been fighting all day and you're low on chakra shouldn't you be unable to use sage mode(Iknow Naruto was in Rsm which is different i'm just talking about in general) or draw on natural energy? Since the amount of chakra in your body is so low wouldn't you drawing on that energy turn you into a statue instantly? This is what i'm talking about:

Naruto doesn't have enough chakra to even use a bijuu dama, but taking in all the natural energy on the earth isn't enough to turn him into a statue? Am I missing something or is it an inconsistency? Also, (sad that I have to say this) this isn't me hating on Naruto it's a legit question.
A bijuu bomb requires a mass of chakra, but attempting Sage Mode doesn't? That's my guess.

IKSOKRIPS

Elite
Kin
39💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It is a legit question. . . now is there a legit answer. . . ? :hmm:

Maybe Naruto being the reincarnation of Ashura (aka a descendant Hagoromo) makes him special (or some BS like so), that he would not need Chakra to blend it with natural energy to create Senjutsu Chakra. . . but just use the natural energy as it is. . . :erm:

Cyber

Veteran
Kin
85💸
Kumi
1,276💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Simple. What Fukasaku was explaining is Frog Sage mode. Naruto has Rikudo senjutsu, so the stipulations are different as it's a much simpler and useful sage mode

itsxtrayy

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
After gathering Sage chakra, the Kyuubi-Naruto Avatar Clone disappeared and it restored some of Naruto's chakra.
It disappeared so that the nature energy the clone gathered would go to Naruto just like during the pain fight. That doesn't restore his chakra reserves it just floods his body with natural energy he still has to balance what he gets with his own physical and spiritual chakra.

Pretty sure Naruto doesn't use all the natural energy on Earth to perform Sage Mode and while using Sage Mode techniques, rather he takes up a given volume of it.
That's my point. In the viz scan and the raw translation in order to match Sasuke's indra's arrow kurama gathered all the natural energy on the planet and gave it to Naruto something that literally makes no sense.

Simple. What Fukasaku was explaining is Frog Sage mode. Naruto has Rikudo senjutsu, so the stipulations are different as it's a much simpler and useful sage mode
Lol, if that was the case an explanation would of been nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Urda

Supreme
Kin
2,210💸
Kumi
7,699💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It disappeared so that the nature energy the clone gathered would go to Naruto just like during the pain fight. That doesn't restore his chakra reserves it just floods his body with natural energy he still has to balance what he gets with his own physical and spiritual chakra.
He coporates with the Kyuubi now, so both Sage Mode and Kyuubi are combine, so he can access them both easily.

The Demon Hawk

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah, this question came into my mind as well, but never bothered asking or resolving. This is unexplained and illogical. It's an asspull IMO.

Firstly, as you pointed out, Naruto had low chakra. With that less chakra, he shouldn't be able to enter Sage Mode. But that can be explained with RSM, considering the fact that RSM is more like an ability rather than a state.

But secondly, and most importantly, absorbing in too much natural energy results in you transforming into a statue/something else. So how could the Kurama Avatar absorb "a little too much" natural energy, because going by manga facts, the amount of NE capable of being absorbed should be constant.

Deadmed

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
animal sage modes function differently than rikudo sage mode I'm assuming, plus he still had a massive amount of chakra to be maintaining multiple Kurama avatars, moreso than he had when training with the toads at least

Seventh Sama

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Not really. Naruto was low on chakra but when that clone disappeared it restored his strength and then some. Remember Whenever a sm clone disappear the original would get the clones senjutsu? Yeah shadow clones are quite op.

Edit: Just because he couldn't form a bijuudama doesn't mean he can't gather nature energy. Also iirc gathering nature energy helps you recover faster.

Last edited:

Dark Sonic

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Perhaps Naruto still has "large" chakra reserves just not "large" enough to go avatar mode. In other words, his chakra right now is the big battery to the average shinobi but doesn't hold a candle to a Bijuu let alone the Kyuubi.