Veteran
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I got a little confused ... I just finished Evangelion Neon Genesis 26'ep and I'm not sure how to continue !?:shrug:

I heard something about book / ova that explanes everything and then you follow 2d season or ?

Anyone who could explain me what should I watch next ???

godzillard

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
hey its neon genesis evangelion and its great
say something guys
Alphachu,
Anduril,
Auroth,
PattyPie,
ThePieness
wtf is a KonohanoAkuma+,

wargear

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Strange sieries have both ending movies more plot holes and questions than answers! Predictable theme and characters gifted kids pilot robots n fight robots... the wimp the savant and the snotty bitch kid.. so much heavy background Judea Christian stuff and philosophy that never gets a good explanation....

Grim

Veteran
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Strange sieries have both ending movies more plot holes and questions than answers! Predictable theme and characters gifted kids pilot robots n fight robots... the wimp the savant and the snotty bitch kid.. so much heavy background Judea Christian stuff and philosophy that never gets a good explanation....
it is pretty f*** up indeed

godzillard

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
thats something that makes me say something like
it is pretty f*** up indeed
i guess its based off of real life then

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
what parts pissed you off?
The ending, the fact that Shinji never got over his **** depressing life, the fact that the last 2 episodes were in Shinji's head, the constant bombardment of new crap that doesn't make any sense, the astounding amount of plotholes, the bad choice of music

I think the only bit I really liked was
when Asuka got killed by the Eva's

Grim

Veteran
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The ending, the fact that Shinji never got over his **** depressing life, the fact that the last 2 episodes were in Shinji's head, the constant bombardment of new crap that doesn't make any sense, the astounding amount of plotholes, the bad choice of music

heh Shinji is one of the worst main charecters but show still is pretty messy and that's what I like about it, Idea is pretty deep tho... if you get it you like it

natssuu

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Neon Genesis Evangelion: End of Evangelion is sequel to the original series. It might clear things up to you or **** your mind completely. Be prepared.

And you should definitely watch the movie, Asuka didn't die.

Last edited:

silmarill

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
End of evangelion is an alternative ending I believe . I understand where u coming from, the ending is fkd up , arguable the most wtf ending in anime history.

Supermacaquecool

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
U guys make rofl. What did you think Evangelion was about?
Anno Hideaki, the director of the anime and the writer of most of the plot, wasn't there to show us the story of a wonderful teenage boy hero who would save us from the apocalypse. Think about the tittle "Neon Genesis Evangelion". It means literally "Gospel of a New Era". So he wanted to tell us a myth about the creation of a new era. For every new era, it is necessary the destruction of the previous one. Hence the Impact Events and that it ended it such an apocalyptic way (by the way, the last two episodes -25 and 26- are not the ending Anno wanted. They're what he had to do due the restrains of budget and schedule. The real ending is "The end of Evangelion" movie). I could give you all a speech about my all time fav anime, but I'll only tell you Anno's true intention was to show the horror and despair that come to this era (it is a reflection of the human nature and its right-or not- to live and rule over this planet).
-----------------------------------------------------------------
On the other hand, if you want a more cleaner story (in the sense of less puzzling), the Rebuild of Evangelion might satisfy ya. The Rebuild of Evangelion is a series of 4 movies (3 of them already released), that re-narrate Evangelion. Literally the reconstruction (Rebuild) of the series. It is directed, of course, by Anno Hideaki.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grim

Grim

Veteran
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Thank you all, I finished Evangelion : End of evangelion

I like'd it, that's kind of thing I love about anime :)

U guys make rofl. What did you think Evangelion was about?
Anno Hideaki, the director of the anime and the writer of most of the plot, wasn't there to show us the story of a wonderful teenage boy hero who would save us from the apocalypse. Think about the tittle "Neon Genesis Evangelion". It means literally "Gospel of a New Era". So he wanted to tell us a myth about the creation of a new era. For every new era, it is necessary the destruction of the previous one. Hence the Impact Events and that it ended it such an apocalyptic way (by the way, the last two episodes -25 and 26- are not the ending Anno wanted. They're what he had to do due the restrains of budget and schedule. The real ending is "The end of Evangelion" movie). I could give you all a speech about my all time fav anime, but I'll only tell you Anno's true intention was to show the horror and despair that come to this era (it is a reflection of the human nature and its right-or not- to live and rule over this planet).
-----------------------------------------------------------------
On the other hand, if you want a more cleaner story (in the sense of less puzzling), the Rebuild of Evangelion might satisfy ya. The Rebuild of Evangelion is a series of 4 movies (3 of them already released), that re-narrate Evangelion. Literally the reconstruction (Rebuild) of the series. It is directed, of course, by Anno Hideaki.
ikr :D I love'd the ending and whole show, it's deep enough to satisfy me. The whole plot about gods and what come out of whom and those eggs... It's something ! I rewatched those two last f**** eppisodes twice just incase I missed something and ''End of evangelion'' is prob best ending to it. I understand though why some people are dissapointed, the whole show started quite positive and who would've thought it get's that deep :D Americans are spoiled with Hollywood happy endings

You rec'n I should check out the movies?

Last edited:

Supermacaquecool

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Thank you all, I finished Evangelion : End of evangelion
I like'd it, that's kind of thing I love about anime :)
ikr :D I love'd the ending and whole show, it's deep enough to satisfy me. The whole plot about gods and what come out of whom and those eggs... It's something ! I rewatched those two last f**** eppisodes twice just incase I missed something and ''End of evangelion'' is prob best ending to it. I understand though why some people are dissapointed, the whole show started quite positive and who would've thought it get's that deep :D Americans are spoiled with Hollywood happy endings
You rec'n I should check out the movies?
Ahaha So you like trippy and fuked up thing uh? Me too xd Aha, it's amazing. I think that the episode that questions the more our "right" to live is ep 24 (Kaworu? xd). If you remember well, in episode 3 Shinji defeats by piercing its core. Then they get a sample of the core of an angel, and Ritsuko states that their chemical composition is 98% alike to ours. Then in "Then End of Evangelion" Misato finally finds out that all the angles came from Adam and we from Lilith (which made us the 18th angel). The other angels were just other possibilities of what we could have been. Then, if you compare Shinji to Kaworu (like Shinji him self did), and given that Kaworu was another possibility for us to be, which had more right?
You know? I believe that the fact Eva gave the illusion that a positive world can be achieved is what makes Eva so heart-breaking. Also, reveals how Shinji must have felt- I do like Shinji, btw xd-. Shinji was beloved by his mother, but she died and he had no idea of what happened. Right after that, his father abandoned him and he was trapped in depression. Then, his father called him to pilot a giant robot and defeat an strange monster that almost kills him. Obviously, Shinji felt like $hit, but then there are Misato, Toji and Kensuke, who gave him the illusion that despite NERV and the angels, he could live happily and be appreciated by other ppl. What the audience felt when Eva turned out to be so dark and deep it's pretty much what Shinji did.
It's gud thing to re-watch NGE. Over time certain details become more clear (let me tell, I strongly disagree with wargear. There were no plot holes, and they did give explanations, but all was very symbolic. That's why Eva it's so difficult to interpret.)
Anyhow, I've only watched two movies of the Rebuild (I still have to watch the third and wait for the fourth), but I believe u migh enjoy the Rebuild. The first movie it's pretty much a super-new ver of the six first ep of the original series, but it's awesome to watch (also the Yashima operation gets a more emotional focus, rather than a logistic). The second movie is when the things get going.