[Discussion] Episode 638...

MugiwaraBoy

Kin
21💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So... did anybody else enjoy half of the episode, if not more... wasted on watching a guy get ready to punch? like what is the ****ing point.. what would he of even done in the next rounds.

Moonbird

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Arghh.. it's the Dragon Ball Z paradox all over again..

To avoid to much filler they instead drag out the main plot line... at least it doesn't take like three episodes for the hero to power up for one attack yet like Dragon Ball Z

.. sigh, I was in fact, extremely surprised that after they were done with Punk Hazard, that we didn't get more Filler episodes, just the three where Ceacar got stolen and Luffy and Law had to get him back.
I was fully exspecting an entire slew of filler episodes in that exact place, after-all, ones the Anime entered Dressrossa, it would have entered the same arch as the Manga is at and hasn't finished yet.

And though I normally am not that happy about fillers, I think that One Piece have been so good at making good entertaining fillers that I was kind of looking forward to new original content... so yeah, kind of dissapointed about that.

Would rather spend another few episodes with the "Boss Luffy arch." seeing if they want to the time skip into account or not in those fillers, than spending half an episode on Dragon Ball Z like powering up for attacks.. sigh..

Well, in good news, ones they come along to Usopp's fight against Trebol and Sugar, while it clearly had to be cut for time in the Manga, the anime is desperate to stretch out the time as far as possible, so it would be strange if the fight cut from the manga wouldn't appear in the anime and Usopp actually gets to fight a bit on screen ^^

Last edited: