zerosama

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This is an English assignment and I had to write a short story in third person objective meaning I couldn't reveal the thoughts of the characters in the story.

Elmos & Cookie Monsters​

There was a small, reclusive, suburban neighborhood. You could hear the cries and the laughter of the rambunctious children playing in the street where the first row of houses was placed under the warmth of the sun.

A garage door opened and a man emerged, walking into the driveway. He was tall with light skin and gray eyes. His hair was messy and he had chin stubble. He had shadows below each of his eyes. He began to inhale the sweet smelling fresh air. “Hey Kagami!” A couple of boys ran towards Kagami with both of their faces lit up. “You got the candy?” one of the boys, with spiky orange hair asked. “Hand me the money first” the older gentleman demanded. Each of the boys slipped out a paper with an overlaid image of Benjamin Franklin. Kagami grabbed a small, brown bag tied with a tiny, golden noose. He dangled the bag in front of the boys with a wide mocking smile. “Remember, two a day keeps the monsters away”, he said in the melodic tone. The bag was tossed to the tanned of the couple gently onto his hands. “And don’t let anyone else see you use it. You wouldn’t want that to happen do you?” Kagami continued. The boys shook their heads and ran off.

“Toss me the bag!” the spiky haired asked the tanned. He loosened the string and opened the bag. He picked out a shiny, violet colored jaw breaker. He parted his lips and allowed the hard candy to be shoved in between them, clinking up against his teeth. “Berry! What are you doing?! We’re not supposed to eat it out in the open dammit!” the tanned yelled at Berry. “Relax Chad. Nobody saw me.” Berry assured his partner as he took a bite of another of one the jawbreakers. “That’s two already give me the bag Berry!” Berry quickly hid the bag behind him. “Take it from me first!” he laughed. “Stop joking around! I need them just as bad as you do! I can’t think straight anymore with all these Elmos and Cookie Monsters popping right in front of me! Give me the ****in’ bag!” “Chad demanded. “Alright okay. I was just playing around sorry.” As he was giving his apology to his friend, he slipped a few from the bag into his hands without Chad noticing it. “Come on we’re gonna get better before you know it.” Berry calmed down Chad. As they continued along their path further away from the neighborhood. A purple sphere managed to drop from Berry’s cupped hand. It rolled along the street until it bumped into the foot of a small, little girl. She picked it up from the ground and looked at the boys walking in the distance. “Ba…bewy” she enunciated. She turned to the sparkling jewel of sweetness and ate it right away.

It was close to evening. The sky started to become a soft black and colored lights started to shine everywhere. The sky became red, then blue, then red, then blue. Many heads, arms, legs swarmed into a single spot. The mesh of skin and clothing surrounded golden plastic and a puddle of crimson iron with a human-sized shaped mark imprinted around the center leaving areas of the ground visible. A couple of cries could be heard throughout the neighborhood. One sounded of sadness and anger while the other sounded cold and lifeless. “What…what the hell happened?! What the hell is going on?!!” Chad painfully screamed as he and Berry stepped into an abstract painting of emotion. “It’s not working…IT’S NOT WORKING!!” Chad loudly cried as he tightly clutched his skull with tears forming around the corners of his eyes. “It is Chad. It…it is” whispered Berry as he saw a dark figure with its upper limbs tied by lustrous irons diving into a dragon roaring a flash red and blue flames...