Ellen Pao's resignation as Reddit CEO and why racial/gender quotas are doomed to fail

Shadow Phantasm

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If you're a Reddit user like me then you've probably heard that Ellen Pao:the woman famous for filing a frivolous discrimination lawsuit against one of her former employers has stepped down as CEO.

This is after weeks of discontent amongst both users and content creators had for how she ran the site,including the mods who had planned to do a Reddit blackout when the news of her resignation hit.

Of course the MSM tried to play it off like the Reddit community was the problem and that Pao was a victim,to which I say bullshit.

She was incompetent at her job and it showed when even her employees were going to do the equivalent of a online strike.Her stepping down was the logical conclusion to the cluster of f*ckups that happened under her watch.

And this is the perfect example of why gender/racial quotas never succeed,I have no doubt that with Pao's track record that the only reason she was even named CEO is due to the above.

Her reported lack of qualifications as revealed in the court case only magnify the problem,and she likely would've been canned long ago if companies didn't have to adhere to hiring someone due to their race/gender and not work ethic or qualifications.

If the person is incompetent or does a shitty job,then they shouldn't keep it because of their gender or race.

Let the MSM spin this like they tried to spin the failed court case,because everybody else knows they're full of sh*t.

Last edited:

Wabbit

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I had read she deleted some sections and ****ing up things some days ago.

We have caste based quotas in our country and gender based quotas in recent years in the name of empowering women. It denies opportunities to people who deserve it. Being poor in this hell and then being discriminated by constitution makes life difficult. They are hard to remove once introduced. They work great for politicians and nobody dares to remove them as they would loose votes from concerned community/cast. Though it depends on how much your country is divided on caste,religion and race.

Shadow Phantasm

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I had read she deleted some sections and ****ing up things some days ago.

We have caste based quotas in our country and gender based quotas in recent years in the name of empowering women. It denies opportunities to people who deserve it. Being poor in this hell and then being discriminated by constitution makes life difficult. They are hard to remove once introduced. They work great for politicians and nobody dares to remove them as they would loose votes from concerned community/cast. Though it depends on how much your country is divided on caste,religion and race.
Yeah,she had banned some subreddits for being offensive but let the ones like CoonTown stay "because reasons".

A AMA content creator was fired for suspicious reasons too.

Koah

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was wondering if someone was gonna post it here. But yeah, when the CEO posts a link of her private message to a public forum, you know she does not understand how things get done there.

NYT drank the kool-aid too, look at all these edits.

Shadow Phantasm

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was wondering if someone was gonna post it here. But yeah, when the CEO posts a link of her private message to a public forum, you know she does not understand how things get done there.

NYT drank the kool-aid too, look at all these edits.
I was flat out exasperated by the clear rewrite NYT did to the original article.

That wasn't a edit,that was a completely different article.

Koah

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was flat out exasperated by the clear rewrite NYT did to the original article.

That wasn't a edit,that was a completely different article.

Same here. The original author is a redditor, then the other injects his opinion about gender issues. Figures.

Her lawsuit with Kleiner Perkins was indeed frivolous, and showed her incompetence. But MSM will hail her as a hero and cry misogyny for clickbaits.

Luther

Legendary
Kin
6💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Women don't belong in leadership positions. They belong in the kitchen.
I will not tolerate that attitude from you or anybody, such messages are sexist and are full of bigotry which is not something narutobase supports, don't ever let me catch you saying such statements again. Next time i get you i will report you to a Moderator personally. Last warning!

Yubel

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I will not tolerate that attitude from you or anybody, such messages are sexist and are full of bigotry which is not something narutobase supports, don't ever let me catch you saying such statements again. Next time i get you i will report you to a Moderator personally. Last warning!
I find it ludicrous that the followers of society who have never contributed a single thing are given leadership positions where all of a sudden, we're supposed to ignore their utter failure of carrying any responsibility and do it right. This is simply another case where women prove their lack of leadership skills and instead act like brats. It's comical, there is no way I could take them seriously, they're fooling themselves if they think they can do everything men can do.

Lastly I'm allowed to state my opinion. There is nothing you can do about it, you're going to report me? Like that has never happened, like I've never been reported, banned or permabanned twice yet are still here. Your threats are nothing to me so know your role and shut your mouth.

Koah

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I find it ludicrous that the followers of society who have never contributed a single thing are given leadership positions where all of a sudden, we're supposed to ignore their utter failure of carrying any responsibility and do it right. This is simply another case where women prove their lack of leadership skills and instead act like brats. It's comical, there is no way I could take them seriously, they're fooling themselves if they think they can do everything men can do.

Lastly I'm allowed to state my opinion. There is nothing you can do about it, you're going to report me? Like that has never happened, like I've never been reported, banned or permabanned twice yet are still here. Your threats are nothing to me so know your role and shut your mouth.
Pao is no Meg Whitman or Ginny Rommetty. Far from it. You're giving her too much credit and downplaying what other company's female CEOs are doing. Spilling your spaghetti all over the floor, generalizing women and overall being an ignorant non-contributor in this thread is not helping.