Kin
1,184💸
Kumi
9,485💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
*arrives by digging my way up from underground.*

O__O'

So, tell me why you want to learn earth and how you intent to use it in battle.

Then go on to tell me what you know of Doton.

Stencil

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Woh o_O ^^

I want to learn Doton and as I want to go on to learn blast release and clay techniques, I think they're awesome ^^ also I want to master basic 5 :p
Doton is one of the basic elements in the Narutoverse and it allows the user to manipulate the earth around them. Doton users have the ability to change the strength if the Earth around them and can make it as soft as clay or as hard as metal, and can also change the weight of it too.

Shinta

Legendary
Kin
1,184💸
Kumi
9,485💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Clay release? Nice.

*Ignores your copied passage* xD

Now, tell me something about earth's strengths and weaknesses and how it interacts with the other four elements.

Stencil

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It wasn't copy and paste :T_T: I just needed a reference :shy:

Earth is strong against water because it can soak it up and block it effectively, I can also be mixed with water to make an even more powerful jutsu.
However, it is weak against Lightning because lighting can shatter the ground and break it, also destroying the proteins within it.

^^

Shinta

Legendary
Kin
1,184💸
Kumi
9,485💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
O__O Not sure why protein's would be in dirt or rock... they would most likely die xD

Maybe you mean they would break apart the chemical bonds between the differing types of rock or something. xD

Yes, water can be mixed with some earth jutsu to make mud combinations but in most cases, an earth jutsu already exists for that purpose.

Wind and fire, how does earth relate to those elements?

Stencil

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
O__O Not sure why protein's would be in dirt or rock... they would most likely die xD

Maybe you mean they would break apart the chemical bonds between the differing types of rock or something. xD

Yes, water can be mixed with some earth jutsu to make mud combinations but in most cases, an earth jutsu already exists for that purpose.

Wind and fire, how does earth relate to those elements?
There are proteins in dirt :T_T:

Fire and earth can mix together to create a lava-like substance and can make the earth very liquid like. When heat is applied with lack of water it can also create cracks and disperse earth.
Wind and earth can be used together to make earth move. Together when applied with earth, you could potentially send chunks of earth flying.

Shinta

Legendary
Kin
1,184💸
Kumi
9,485💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Maybe in soil, but not dirt xD

So earth jutsu is based around the manipulation of existing earth, to change its density, size, shape or state (Mud, swamp, rock, dirt).

You can also create earth by converting your chakra and releasing it through the pores of your skin or through your mouth. What properties of earth should you be aiming to mimic to make your normal chakra, 'earth' chakra? (I'm simply looking for your idea of what/how you think this can be achieved, since you need your own understanding in order to make earth chakra).

Stencil

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Properties that you should be aiming to mimic to create earth chakra is how earth is created and recycled and how many organisms sprout out into the open air through the earth or continue going down and grow.

Sorry, I can't really think of anything else :sweat:

Shinta

Legendary
Kin
1,184💸
Kumi
9,485💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
More along the lines of the density of earth, and the large number of forms it can take. You can use your chakra to alter the density of the earth around you, giving you control over it so as to make more of it, move it around or even make it heavier.

This first jutsu is you simply altering the earth in the desired location.

Try sending your earth chakra into the ground in front of you, focusing it to push up a section of earth to create a small pillar for you to sit on.

Stencil

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Alrighty ^_^

I take my stance and focus and manipulate my raw chakra into hard earth. I think about soil, dirt, and the trees rising above ground. I feel the chakra pumping through my body and getting harder. I then focus all of it into my hands and concentrate on moving the ground upwards. I start to manipulate the ground infront of me, and then, slowly but surely, a small rock pillar arises from the ground, allowing me sit on it.

Sweet :D

Shinta

Legendary
Kin
1,184💸
Kumi
9,485💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Excellent work.

(Doton No Jutsu) - Earth Release Technique
Type: Attack/Defence
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra cost: 10
Damage Points: 20
Descripton: Creates small pillars of earth, small tools, and small shields of earth

Next you will try to manipulate some earth, changing it's shape into something more useful.

*Tosses you a rock about the size of an apple*

Add your earth chakra to it and manipulate it any way you see fit to create a small javelin/spear

Stencil

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
OOP. Startled by the sudden rock thrown at me. Okay, I'll try ^_^

I take the rock and start to pump my earth chakra around and knead it into my hand, then to the rock. I then use my other hand to craft and lengthen the rock out into a spear the size of a kunai. I then start to concentrate harder and knead my earth chakra further, and change the spear to become a metre tall.

Yes! :D

Shinta

Legendary
Kin
1,184💸
Kumi
9,485💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Very good, now you have a jutsu of which to create spears from random rocks! xD

(Doton: Gansetsukon) - Earth Release: Rock Section Cane
Type: Supplementary/Offense
Range: Short
Chakra Cost: 10
Damage Points: 20
Description: This technique allows the user to take a small chunk of rock and turn it into the shape of a staff. The user can then use it as a melee weapon or throw it with pinpoint accuracy at their opponent. A variation of this technique allows the user to create several staffs and launch them at the target, but with less accuracy.

For this jutsu, I would you like to send your Earth chakra into the ground and then focus on lifting sections of the Earth to move them around my clone. When you think you've positioned a two large enough stones either side of my clone, smash them together to make a clone sandwich.

Stencil

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Awesome ^^

I take my stance and channel my earth chakra around my body. The fluctuating, rough, forming chakra bursts round my body, I then channel it into the ground through my hands. I knead and manipulate the chakra to lift the earth around Senpai's clone. I concentrate harder and lift two chunks of earth from the ground. Once they're 3 ft above ground level, I send them into each others directions, smashing Senpai's clone in the middle.

Wow o_O

Lol loved the 'clone sandwhich' desc ;)

Shinta

Legendary
Kin
1,184💸
Kumi
9,485💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Mmm, Shinta-clone sandwich on... rock bread >_>

(Doton: Ganban Kyu) - Earth Release: Bedrock Coffin
Type: Offense
Range: Mid/Long
Chakra Cost: 15
Damage Points: 30
Description: After performing the Rat hand seal, the user to control multiple sections of rock and move them around their opponent. The user then forms two gigantic sections that crush the opponent.

Okay, time for the most used escape jutsu there is...

Channel earth chakra into the ground below you, using it to change the properties of the rock and earth below, to become sand. Now that it is sand, start digging through it like a mole, constantly changing the earth before you into sand so you can continue to dig. Another aspect of this jutsu is that you should continually send your earth chakra through battlefield, giving you rough sensory information of what is happening on the surface. However, if your opponent leaps up into a tree, you won't be able to sense them.

When might you want to use this jutsu and what are some concerns when using it?