Nocturnal

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Earth is the most durable of all the elements. It can be used for a multitude of purposes, from created a defensive shield, to dissipating waves and gusts of (non cutting) wind. It is very strong, so it is very good against physical weapons such as shuriken or kunai. It can also handle the harsh and immense heat of fire. Adding to the versatility mentioned above, Earth has 2 variants; it's natural solid form, and also the form that is much like mud. The mud form has it's own set of useful abilities, such as binding opponents in place and being a good element to form combination techniques. Mud is great in conjunction with fire, and that is because it gets heated and forms a "molten mud", if you will. However, Earth, and what you can do with it relies heavily on the terrain.

Earth is strong against water. This is because of its solid form that does not allow water to pass through it. Earth is weak against lightning. Lightning has penetrative abilities that causes Earth to lose its composition due to breaking up.

5 users of this element are as follows; Deidara, Lord Mu, Madara Uchiha, Roshi, and Kakashi Hatake.

2 Kekkei Genkai that require doton are; Steel Release and Wood Release.

ReXii

Legendary
Kin
1,402💸
Kumi
222💴
Trait Points
15⚔️
Awards
Earth is the most durable of all the elements. It can be used for a multitude of purposes, from created a defensive shield, to dissipating waves and gusts of (non cutting) wind. It is very strong, so it is very good against physical weapons such as shuriken or kunai. It can also handle the harsh and immense heat of fire. Adding to the versatility mentioned above, Earth has 2 variants; it's natural solid form, and also the form that is much like mud. The mud form has it's own set of useful abilities, such as binding opponents in place and being a good element to form combination techniques. Mud is great in conjunction with fire, and that is because it gets heated and forms a "molten mud", if you will. However, Earth, and what you can do with it relies heavily on the terrain.

Earth is strong against water. This is because of its solid form that does not allow water to pass through it. Earth is weak against lightning. Lightning has penetrative abilities that causes Earth to lose its composition due to breaking up.

5 users of this element are as follows; Deidara, Lord Mu, Madara Uchiha, Roshi, and Kakashi Hatake.

2 Kekkei Genkai that require doton are; Steel Release and Wood Release.
Hm, not bad. Some things to keep in mind. Lightning is strong against earth not only because of it's penetrating nature, but also because lightning can be conducted and the earth tends to contain many conductive minerals. Secondly earth will allow water to pass through it, because earth is often porous. The thing to remember is that earth also soaks up water. Meaning not enough water can pass in to earth to shatter it's form. Assuming the earth isn't far weaker than the water. A rank water will still destroy C rank earth.

Now, meditate on the earth try and understand the principles behind earth style jutsu. Not just it's applications, what type of jutsu does earth release incorporate mostly? What styles are there.

Nocturnal

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sinbad listens and meditates as instructed. Pondering the element, Sinbad tells his sensei, "Earth, from what I know, is more defensive than offensive, but as I said, it is the most versatile. As for styles, I'm not really sure what you are asking, Sensei."

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Dean Winchester bursts onto the training field. He sees a young man awaiting his senpai, he looks quite.. emo. Guess he has been here quite a while.

"The name is Dean Winchester, and I shall continue where my good friend Minato left you at. So, I see you gave him a great explanation of what earth release is. What he meant by styles was, Earth Release is a very defensive element, also, offensive. It has quite a few different styles, like you find Earth in the form of rocks, pillars and even a viscous mud. We'll be covering all these in training.

So, my method is as follows, I shall explain the jutsu to you, and you will perform it, give me at least two advantages and disadvantages, how to use it in battle and of course, if you have questions, ask 'em!"

Dean then walks towards Sasuke.

"Ok, now for the first one, focus some Earth based chakra into the ground before you, and manipulate it. With this, you are capable of forming small pillars, small tools and small earth based shields. Try it out, and form small tolls made of earth, or perhaps, a pillar beneath my clone to hit him off balance."

Dean creates a clone that runs towards Sasuke.

Nocturnal

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Natsu focuses his earth chakra and channels it to his feet, which he channels into the ground from there. Upon doing so, he locks onto your clones position and creates a small pillar directly under Dean's left foot, effectively forcing him off balance.

"Hell yeah, I did it!!"

Advantages- Can be used to propel yourself or enemies in the air
Can quickly crest a shield or weapon to attack or defend

Disadvantages- This is pretty straight forward. The only real disadvantage I see to this is that the weapons and such are weak.

I would use this in battle mainly for launching myself or an enemy into the air, be it to evade, or to attack from above.

Last edited:

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"Nicely done, Sasuke. Here you go."

Type: Attack/Defence
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra cost: 10
Damage Points: 20
Descripton: Creates small pillars of earth, small tools, and small shields of earth

"Next, take that big rock over there. Insert your Earth based chakra into it, and manipulate it. Form this ordinary rock, into a staff! This staff can be launched towards the opponent with accuracy, and one can even throw more than one, decreasing accuracy though. Try it on my clone, and give me good detail."

Dean creates a clone, that stands before Sasuke. He has a target on his chest.

Nocturnal

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Natsu listens, and decides to pick up a handful of rocks. He throws them all into the air, and all of the sudden, they all stop moving. He put his chakra into then. Now, using shape manipulation, he forms multiple spears, one for every rock. Then, with one arm motion moving forward, all of the spears speed very quickly towards his clone. They all hit the target, however only one hit dead center.

Advantages- Can be used from a distance. Weapon can be used for melee or by throwing them. Can create multiple spears and throw them.
Disadvantages- The more spears, the less accuracy.

Used in battle for offensive purposes. Piercing damage if it hits. Can be used to force them to dodge to set them up, or to make them waste a jutsu or move to block.

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"That's good Natsu. Here you go."

Type: Supplementary/Offense
Range: Short (Mid on throw)
Chakra Cost: 10
Damage Points: 20
Description: This technique allows the user to take a small chunk of rock and turn it into the shape of a staff. The user can then use it as a melee weapon or throw it with pinpoint accuracy at their opponent. A variation of this technique allows the user to create several staffs and launch them at the target, but with less accuracy.

"Okay, now. Manipulate your Earth based chakra into your dominant arm. Then manipulate it to form a ring of rocks. These rocks can then be flung towards the opponent. Try it out, very basic technique."

Dean creates a clone that runs towards Natsu.