Souji

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
(I'll be using this bio to RP, first person or third person is up to you. And you're welcome :) )

As you sit on the boulder, you suddenly feel a rising sensation. Looking down, you notice that the section of Earth the boulder was sitting on is being lifted.

You escalate a little higher, until you're a couple of feet in the air.

This is where I make my entrance.

"Hello, student, I'll be teaching you Earth Jutsus. I'm Yu Narukami of Konoha."

"I saw from your application that you are a fresh shinobi with very little training and experience. I'm actually quite new to this training thing myself, so bear with me. It will be a good learning experience for both of us."

"As you can see, Earth is an incredibly versatile element. I made that section rise, sorry about that. Just wanted to try something different."

"But before we begin, since this is one of your first training sessions, I'd like you to answer a few questions."

I hand you a piece of paper, and it has a few questions on it.

1. What are shinobi?

2. What is chakra?

3. Tell me about Shape and Nature Manipulation.

(don't worry about having to do a bunch of research. Just answer naturally and to the best of your ability. I'll fill in anything you may have missed. Remember, this is all in the context of the Naruto Universe, but I'm sure you know that.)

Last edited:

H A D E S

Kin
20💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I exclaim in surprise as to what was happening.

Woah! the earth is moving....

Then, I notices my senpai

Oh. Hello Yu Narukami senpai. I am as you might have already known. And yes, I just recently made my choice to become a shinobi, so I'm quiet inexperienced.
I'll try my best to answer these questions.

Takes the question paper and starts writting stuffs on it.

Shinobi : Shinobis are people who fights for a cause. They use techniques called ninjutsu to achieve their goal/purpose.

Chakra : Chakra is the energy formed when we combine our physical and spiritual energy. Like our blood circulatory system, we also possess a Chakra cirsulatory where the chakra flows. Shinobi uses chakra in order to perform ninjutsus or enhance ones strength. Chakra is present in all human beings and animals. One would die if he/she is depleted of Chakra.

Nature Manipulation: It is the process of transforming one's raw chakra into an elemental chakra. It is used to perform various elemental bound jutsus/techniques.
Shape Manipulation: It is the process of turning an already present or natured manipulated elemental chakra into an object. In other words it gives shape and size to the elemental chakra, boosting its power or defense.

Souji

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yu recieved the poece of paper from Jiraiya and read through his answers. He nodded a little. Short sweet, and to the point. Not bad, considering he was a new student.

"Good, good. I'm gonna add a few extra pointers."

"A shinobi's cause is their 'Ninja Way'. It's their personal goal that they set their mind to in order to work towards achieving it. Whether it's to become the most powerful, or to protect the ones you care about, each individual has their own 'Nindo'. Always keep your goals in mind."

"Chakra has spiritual and physical components to it. I urge you to read the history of Kaguya, Hagoromo, and the Shinju. It's super interesting!"

"Chakra is manipulated through hand seals, a series of gestures that represent animals. I won't go over them all; you should have learned them at the Academy. Applying shape and nature manipulation is essential to manifesting a jutsu."

Yu finished talking and revealed a piece of small paper from his ninja pouch. He gave it to Jiraiya.

"Ok, Jiraiya-san. This is chakra paper. It responds to nature chakra. So, what I want you to do there is to channel you own chakra from your hands to the paper. While doing that, visualize and imagine the Earth element. If you do it correctly, and if you have an affinity for Earth, the piece of paper will harden and crumble into dust."

"If you do indeed have an affinity for Earth, I will then ask you to tell me everything you know of the Earth element. It's strengths, weaknesses, battle uses, famous users, kekkei genkais, etc... all the usual."

"I won't bore you by talking anymore. Go, go, go!"

Yu watched eagerly as his student began.

(Please be as detailed as you can ^^)

Last edited:

H A D E S

Kin
20💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"Ok, Yu senpai, here I go." Jiraiya says excitedly.

Jiraiya takes the chakra paper from his teacher and holds it with his thumb and the index finger. He then closes his eyes and tries to insert chakra to the chakra paper while picturing the earth element in his mind. He pictures the nature of earth, rough, strong and stable. He then gives his chakra the same properties of earth and releases it into the chakra paper. But nothing happens.
He then tries again, this time with more concentration and more chakra release. The chakra paper slowly hardens and crumbles to dust.

"Haa! I did it, Yu senpai. It is as you said. The paper crumbled away to dust." xD
"Ok, now I'll try to point out things about earth element"

Earth: It is one of the basic five elements of nature. Jutsus based upon earth are called Doton or Earth Release or Earth Style. Earth, being almost present every where, is a very versatile element.

Weakness: Earth is weak against lightning. As lightning is known for piercing or cutting, earth based justus faces problems when up against the lightning techniques.

Strength: Earth is naturally strong against water because earth's solid form has the capacity to disrupt water's flow and/or soak up the water.

Some famous users of earth are Onuki, Mu, Hashirama and Kitsuchi.

Kekkei Genkais:
1. Wood Style
2. Lava
3. Explosion

Kekkei Touta: Dust Release.

Last edited:

Souji

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Watching a student's reaction to figuring out their chakra natures brought Yu back. For a moment, he reminisced about how his own sensei had asked him to do the exact same thing a long time ago. Jiraiya-san was quite determined, too. Perhaps not the raw talent of some other students he had so far, but the fact he didn't give up after the first time gave Yu a newfound respect for Jiraiya. Those were his favorite types of shinobi; those that would put effort into their endeavors. They would be the ones who would lead the ninja world into a new future.

But this wasn't the time to get sappy. This was here, and now.

"Earth Release is one of my favorite elements. You can control the battlefield by changing the terrain, creating large scale shifts and placing enemies where you want them to be. There are endless combinations and versatile uses of Earth. Of course, I won't list them all here, as we will be covering plenty of variations of techniques in this training session."

"Experience is the best teacher. Let's begin with the techniques. I hope you're excited!"

Channeling Earth chakra on his left foot, Yu stomped the ground, causing a small pillar of Earth to rise up to his chest area. He broke off a chunk, and applied shape and nature manipulation to form it into a round Earth shield.

"Perform this same technique I did, but create a weapon with which to attack me with. Don't worry, I'll defend myself."

"While you're attacking me, please list what you think are the advantages, disadvantages, counters, and creatives uses of this technique!"

"Annnnnnd.... BEGIN!"

He buckled down, bending his knees slightly in anticipation for his student's assault.

(Doton No Jutsu) - Earth Release Technique
Type: Attack/Defence
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra cost: 10
Damage Points: 20
Descripton: Creates small pillars of earth, small tools, and small shields of earth

H A D E S

Kin
20💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Jiraiya listens to his teacher with much anticipation. A warm excited feeling grew in his heart as he realised that he was about to set foot in the world jutsus and techniques. He stood amazed as he saw his teacher create a pillar from the ground and a shield too.

"This is so exciting, senpai.... Ok! Here I go!"

Jiraiya clasps his palms together and starts molding his chakra. He gathers a large amount of his chakra on his palms and releases his clasped palms.

"Yu senpai, I'm a bit slow. I hope you dont mind."

He then thrusts both his palms on the ground and channels his raw chakra through the earth trying to shape manipulate a small portion of the earth. With much concentration and effort soon a small pillar begins to rise in front of him. He then quickly straightens up his posture and thrusts his palms on the pillar, creating an earthen-spear by shape manipulating a portion of the earthen-pillar. He then sends the spear flying towards his senpai.

(Doton No Jutsu) - Earth Release Technique
Type: Attack/Defence
Descripton: Creates small pillars of earth, small tools, and small shields of earth

Advantages:
1. It can be used both as defense and offense, so it is a multipurpose technique.
2. It's attack can be ranged-type. Thus maintaining safe distance from the opponent.
3. The pillar can be used to push an object/subject upwards for countering certain techs or as a preparation for the next jutsu.

Disadvantages:
1. It does not have much power in its attack, therefore the opponent may counter it quiet easily.
2. Being an earth element, the shield would be shattered easily if the opponent uses a lightning attack.
3. It cannot be used while fighting on water surfaces. (I'm not sure about this one)

Counters: The attack version of this jutsu can be counter using a shield or by overpowering it, while its defense mechanism maybe overthrown using a lightning element jutsu. As for the pillar, one can use jutsus that covers large area of attack to foil the plan of escape.
Uses: Apart from using it as defense, offense or an escapee method this jutsu can be used as distraction in order to make the next move more effective.

Souji

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yu braces himself as the spear hits his shield. Being they are both equal in strength and rank, both techniques shatter and crumble into pieces, crumbling to the ground. Yu shook his hands, feeling the recoil.

"Good! Remember, you can also perform that technique by channeling your Earth chakra through your foot, so you can execute it much more quickly. You can also manipulate existing terrain to your advantage."

"As for your uncertainty regarding its usage in water sources, you are correct. You will often need solid ground in order to perform an Earth technique; its greatest advantage and potentially a very fatal weakness."

(Thank you for asking questions, and don't be afraid to ask them.)

Picking up one of the rock chunks, Yu manipulated it with his Earth chakra to form a staff, which he casually swung around.

"For our next technique, I want you to do as I did; find a rock that you like, and turn it into a staff using your shape and nature manipulation. You can use it for melee attacking, and gives you a nice reach in close quarter battles. However, if that's not your style, you can instead create a staff, break it into smaller pieces, and throw those pieces as spears."

"Begin!"

(for future reference, you don't always have to provide three advantages or disadvantages; just write what you think are the most important ones. I want this to be more of a Q&A and practice session than a simple Jutsu dump, ok? :) )

(Doton: Gansetsukon) - Earth Release: Rock Section Cane
Type: Supplementary/Offense
Range: Short (Mid on throw)
Chakra Cost: 10
Description: This technique allows the user to take a small chunk of rock and turn it into the shape of a staff. The user can then use it as a melee weapon or throw it with pinpoint accuracy at their opponent. A variation of this technique allows the user to create several staffs and launch them at the target, but with less accuracy.

H A D E S

Kin
20💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
(Ok. I'll take that into account. :))

Jiraiya observes carefully as his teacher turns a piece of rock into a nice staff.
After being instructed to perform the same jutsu, he nods his head in agreement and picks up a rock chunk from the ground as he murmurs to himself....

"Senpai makes it look so easy"

Holding the rock with both his hands, he gathers chakra on his hands and nature manipulates it into an earth chakra, and then channels his earth chakra in to the rock chunk. He then morphs the rock into a staff through shape manipulation and holds it with both his hands.
(Doton: Gansetsukon) - Earth Release: Rock Section Cane
Type: Supplementary/Offense
Range: Short (Mid on throw)
Description: This technique allows the user to take a small chunk of rock and turn it into the shape of a staff. The user can then use it as a melee weapon or throw it with pinpoint accuracy at their opponent. A variation of this technique allows the user to create several staffs and launch them at the target, but with less accuracy.
He then gives satisfied smile.
"Coooool !"

( Uummm.... for the advantage/disadvantage part you haven't asked me to point them out but I thought I'm automatically supposed to do that. So I just pointed them out.)

Advantage: __ This technique can be used as melee weapon as well as ranged weapon (by throwing it) which gives two benefits from one single jutsu.
Disadvantage: __ One major set back of this jutsu would be the condition that the user has to readily have a piece of earth/rock in his hands. In certain conditions one would not have the necessary time to pick-up rocks from ground. This problem maybe solved by creating earth pillars with Doton-no-Jutsu or similar techniques but that again wastes one move out of three in a battle.

Jiraiya, after reciting the advantages/disadvantages of the jutsu, scratches his back head with a nervous smile....

"That's the best I could think of, Yu Senpai"

Souji

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
(Yes, I do expect the advantages/disadvantages. It'll get really repetitive if I keep saying "give me your explanation" every single time Lol )

"Good. These basic D-ranked techniques are very straightforward so I don't expect essays. Simply tell me what you think is important."

"This next technique is super cool. Concentrate your Earth chakra into your dominant arm, and allow your chakra to release from your hand. You should then be able to cause rocks from the ground to rise up. Then, practice making them revolve around you in a ring pattern, basically surrounding you. You can then fling these rocks one at the time, or all at once, depending on your preference."

"Don't be afraid to ask questions if you have any."

( Doton: Iwa Rendan ) - Earth Release: Rock Barrage
Type: Offensive
Range: Short – Mid
Damage points: 20
Description: The user will concentrate their chakra into their arm and then release their chakra creating a ring of rocks that are then flung at the opponent.

H A D E S

Kin
20💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"Oukay, senpaaii." Quiet eager to learn the next jutsu, Jiraiya quickly moves back few steps from his senpai and turns left.

Recalling his senpai's instructions he starts gathering chakra on his right arm and then converts it into an earth chakra. He, then, releases it while targeting few rocks around him on the ground. As a result, eight pieces of rock rises up above him in a circular manner. Further exerting earth chakra into the rocks, he tries to fling them forward....hyaah! But due to too many objects to focus on, he loses his concentration and the rocks flies in all direction, one barely missing his senpai's head!!

"Ugh..!! sorry senpai" :sweat:

After getting hit on his head from his senpai, he gets back to his position (with a swell on his head xD) and tries again, and this time with much concentration and focus on all eight pieces of rock he finally manages to fling them forward all at once at a dummy.

Advantages:
Being a ranged attack jutsu, it allows the user to maintain safe distances from his opponent. User can also create the rocks from his own chakra, therefore this jutsu can also be used in terrains, such as water surfaces, where there is no readily available earth material.

Disadvantages:
It cannot be used to attack opponents that are in long range.

(Umm I cant think of any proper disadvantage. Just added one for the sake of pointing something out. I hope you dont mind) xD

Souji

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
(Haha, I love your RP reply! Keep it up :) )

Yu bopped Jiraiya on the head for almost smashing his face in with a rock. Of course, he wasn't mad at all, it was simply in a playful way, similar to how Gai would hit Lee during their training. Honestly, he liked Jiraiya. He put in earnest effort, and even if he wasn't the best (he had messed up a couple of times in the practice), he had heart and enthusiasm. This gave Yu glimmers of hope for the future generations of shinobi.

... but that would come later. Yu realized he was still a new shinobi, so he would judge him properly when his time came.

"That poor training dummy. Tsk tsk."

"For a disadvantage, I'll give you one. Maintaining the rocks in a formation requires that you keep your focus on them, meaning you cannot perform other chakra-based ninjutsu or elemental ninjutsu while this technique is active."

"In fact, as we go along further, I'll be asking you if techniques, based on their descriptions, if you need to keep your focus on them, or if you can just 'spray and pray'. Remember that HOW you use a technique is the most important; a single mistake will finish you."

Yu formed a single hand seal, creating a single Shadow Clone of himself, that began running around the training grounds.

"Now, we move on to C-rank techniques! Are you ready?"

"I first want you to perform the Rat Hand Seal, and channel your Earth chakra through the ground. You can then cause sections of the ground to rise up, more than one, of course. You can move them around with your chakra control, and by bringing them together, you can crush whatever is in between them, like a sandwich!"

"Try catching my clone that's running around right now, and crush him with this jutsu!"

(Doton: Ganban Kyu) - Earth Release: Bedrock Coffin
Type: Offense
Range: Mid/Long
Chakra Cost: 15
Damage Points: 30
Description: After performing the Rat hand seal, the user to control multiple sections of rock and move them around their opponent. The user then forms two gigantic sections that crush the opponent.

H A D E S

Kin
20💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
(Haha, I love your RP reply! Keep it up :) )
"For a disadvantage, I'll give you one. Maintaining the rocks in a formation requires that you keep your focus on them, meaning you cannot perform other chakra-based ninjutsu or elemental ninjutsu while this technique is active."

"In fact, as we go along further, I'll be asking you if techniques, based on their descriptions, if you need to keep your focus on them, or if you can just 'spray and pray'. Remember that HOW you use a technique is the most important; a single mistake will finish you."
Aah.. I should've guessed that draw-back, and yes I shall remember to describe well and understand the jutsus description. I've been told quiet few times now (by some good friends and senseis) that the way I describe my use of a technique is very very important. And I'm starting to understand why.

"Now, we move on to C-rank techniques! Are you ready?"
D-Ranks done already? That's great !! I like your training style :)
Jiraiya was filled with joy as he realized that now he will be learning jutsus of different scale/rank. But celebration would have to wait because he had just taken his first few steps in his long journey to understanding the shinobi ways. Thrusting his right fist into his left palm, he gives a determined smile.

"Alright, senpai. I'll finish this in a jiffy"

Moving back a little, he then performs the Rat hand seal, slams his palms on the ground and starts channeling chakra on the ground. Watching his senpai's clone's movement he raises two earth sections that collides each other trying to crush the clone but it was a tad late. The clone had already moved out of the colliding point. Then, Jiraiya raises another two sections of earth, this time slightly infront of the clone with one section slightly on the left and another on the right of the clone in such manner that if the clone continues to run straight he would be crushed. He then focuses on maintaining the speed at which the two sections where moving towards each other and co-relates it to the movement speed of the clone, trying to match the timing. He then signals to crush the clone but the clone suddenly stops moving making the earth sections collide infront of him, and then he changes his course and starts running again.

"Haaahh... I almost had it there." Places both his hands on his knees, breathing heavily. "This is much harder than I thought!" Jiraiya sighs. "I wish he had just kept moving forward." He pauses for a moment and suddenly exclaims with a smile, while making a small pounding with his right fist on his left palm. "Thats it! His movement!! I must disrupt his movement and use it to my advantage"

He stands up straight and performs the Rat hand seal once again and channels his chakra into the ground. He then raises three sections of earth, one infront of the clone and two other on the clone's both sides. The one infront and the one on the clone's left is slightly taller than the one on the right side of the clone. Both the right section and the front section stays still while the left section moves closer trying to crush the clone. As a result of this situation the clone is forced to jump over the right section of earth (since right section is less in height). As the clone jumps over the right section, Jiraiya releases control over the three sections of earth and instead raises two other on each sides of the point where the jumping clone was about to land. With proper timing he finally crushed the clone who had just landed on his trap. The clone poofs away.

"Yaay... !"
/ Sorry for making it so long / :shy:

Advantages:
Besides being a mid-long range technique and a powerful finisher, it is very useful for distracting and can often be used to make opponents move in the right position for the final blow.
Disadvantages: I believe that it is quiet slow and by using it alone without any support technique there is little chances of harming or killing the opponent. Also, the user wont have the much chance to stay in a single spot and will lose control over the earth sections if the opponent's countering technique is a fast one. So, one easy way to counter this jutsu is to use a fast projectile technique towards the user.

Question: I guess the user has to stay in one spot to use this technique?

Last edited:

Souji

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
(Don't be sorry. That was an outstanding use of the technique! Very well described and RPed. Good job! =D

One thing, though. In a real battle, don't control your opponent's movements (like saying, "My opponent then moves left...") that is called 'metagaming', since you are controlling what they do, and they may not want to do that. Of course, since we're only in training, I'll allow you to do it for the sake of RP, but remember that for future reference ^^)

Yu saw flashes of inspiration in Jiraiya. He had easily adapted to the situation by trying something a little different; improvising. Sometimes not everything always went according to plan; he liked how Jiraiya was able to understand that. The clone poofed away and Yu felt the crushing sensation ever so slightly, the experience of the clone returning to him. That was one powerful jutsu.

"I noticed you used the Rat Seal twice. In a battle, that will count as two jutsu used, so please be aware of that. I would have personally caused the third section to rise up alongside the first two rocks instead of having to perform the technique all over again; saves time and chakra."

"Otherwise, good work!"

"For your question, yes, you are correct. Instead of trying to counter the rock slabs, perhaps a better counter would be to try and hit your opponent while they are focused on controlling them. You hurt them and break their focus at the same time!"

Yu then opened up the jutsu scrolls he had been reading and showed Jiraiya the follow two techniques, which were written on it:

(Doton: Moguragakure no Jutsu) – Earth Release: Hiding like a mole technique
Type: Supplementary
Range: Long
Chakra cost: 15
Damage points: N/A
Description: The user changes earth into fine sand by channeling chakra into it, allowing the user to dig through it like a mole. While underground one can sense what is happening on the surface and use the information to launch a surprise attack on the enemy. Once can also hide deep in the ground, escaping to a depth where the enemy cant reach. It also appears that after digging, the ground can be returned to its original state, leaving no trace of where the user entered the earth. While inside the earth, the user cannot make handseals and can only use Earth techniques below C-Rank. If he tries to do a higher ranked technique, he'll disrupt the Hiding like a mole technique and be left crushed.

(Doton: Shinju Zanshu no Jutsu) - Earth Release: Double Suicide Decapitation Technique
Range: Short
Damage Points: N/A
Description: The user, emerging from the ground below the target area, pulls down the opponent so that only their head is above ground. Unable to move, the opponent can easily be decapitated or tortured.
Note: user must already be underground through the use of (Doton: Moguragakure no Jutsu) – Earth Release: Hiding like a mole technique

"Once you've read the descriptions of those techniques, why not try a combination technique with those two? Use the Hiding like a mole technique to go underground, and then pull your target down into the ground until all that's left sticking up is their head. Should be pretty straightforward, but be sure to ask if you have any questions."

Yu created another Shadow Clone for Jiraiya to test these techniques on.

H A D E S

Kin
20💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
/Sorry for the delay. I had some RL issues. I had to go some place for few days/

Thanks for that advice on controlling opponent's movement speed. I had doubts about that but am quite clear now. I shall remember not to use such comments during battles.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Ah yes! The use of Rat hand seal twice. I should've realized that. I think I lost track of that hehehe..." Scratches his head.

Moments later, Jiraiya, checks out the jutsu on the scroll his Senpai showed him.
"Ooo... pretty interesting!! Okay Yu senpai, I'll get onto it :)"

Facing the clone in frontal manner, Jiraiya starts to gather chakra clasping his palms tight. He then channels his chakra into the ground through his feet turning the ground into fine sand. Soon he submerges into the ground below....
(Doton: Moguragakure no Jutsu) – Earth Release: Hiding like a mole technique
Range: Long
Description: The user changes earth into fine sand by channeling chakra into it, allowing the user to dig through it like a mole. While underground one can sense what is happening on the surface and use the information to launch a surprise attack on the enemy. Once can also hide deep in the ground, escaping to a depth where the enemy cant reach. It also appears that after digging, the ground can be returned to its original state, leaving no trace of where the user entered the earth. While inside the earth, the user cannot make handseals and can only use Earth techniques below C-Rank. If he tries to do a higher ranked technique, he'll disrupt the Hiding like a mole technique and be left crushed.
While under the ground he tries to gather information on what was going on on the surface and tries to pin point the clone's location. He digs through the soil by channeling his chakra through it and as he reached exactly below the clone, he turned the soil, on which the clone was standing, into sand, then quickly put out his hands through the ground and caught the clone by his leg and pulled him below the ground leaving only his head popped out of the ground. Jiraiya quickly emerges from the ground while also returning the soil into its previous firm state which restricts the clone's movement and then places a kunai on the clone's neck.
(Doton: Shinju Zanshu no Jutsu) - Earth Release: Double Suicide Decapitation Technique
Range: Short
Damage Points: N/A
Description: The user, emerging from the ground below the target area, pulls down the opponent so that only their head is above ground. Unable to move, the opponent can easily be decapitated or tortured.
Note: user must already be underground through the use of (Doton: Moguragakure no Jutsu) – Earth Release: Hiding like a mole technique
He then looks towards his senpai and....

"How was it, senpai? "

Advantages: Apart from using in combination with the Doton: Shinju Zanshu no Jutsu, the first technique (Hiding-Like-A-Mole) can be used to confuse the opponent. By emerging from a different spot on the battlefield the user has a good chance to baffle his opponent. Doton: Shinju Zanshu no Jutsu, when executed successfully, is a very nice supplementary jutsu which gives the chance to finish off an opponent easily. It can also be used for interrogation purposes.

Disadvantages: The user of the first technique (Earth Release: Hiding like a mole technique) cannot perform hand seals while he is under the ground thus restricting him from using other jutsus, and also he is able to use only Earth based jutsus that are below C-Ranks. As for the second technique, one must be below the ground i.e., must have used the Earth Release: Hiding like a mole technique in order to execute it. It has a very specific condition for it to be successfully executed.

Souji

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
(It's alright dude, welcome back ^^ take the training at your own pace.)

The clone that was trapped in the ground poofed away.

"Well performed. One thing concerning your analysis, though. You said that the user MUST be underground to use this technique. In my experience, you don't necessarily have to be. For example, if there was a mountain between you and me, you could use the Hiding like a Mole technique to burrow through the mountain and reach me on the other side. You can burrow through Earth in general, as long as it's large and dense enough."

"I'll give you another two techniques to perform in a combination again. The first jutsu has you channeling your Earth chakra through the ground, resulting in rock pillars that will erupt from the ground to pierce your target. They're quite versatile, so be sure to provide a good analysis."

"The second jutsu is one of my favorites. You'll once again channel your Earth chakra through the ground, but this time, you'll create a small earthquake that can throw off your target's footing and aim. Highly underestimated in its usage."

Poof. Yu created another Shadow Clone for Jiraiya to perform the combination. Surprisingly, he didn't feel too fatigued just yet; normally, Shadow Clones were quite taxing on one's body. Maybe it was because they weren't really fighting, anyway.

"Go ahead and defeat my clone with a combination of these two attacks."

The clone charged at Jiraiya, kunai in hand.

(Doton: Ganchūsō) - Earth Release: Stone Spikes
Type: Attack
Description: This technique lets the user create a few rock pillars that will protrude from the ground to skew the target. The rock pillars will even pass through obstacles to reach their target if these are less dense. The pillars/spikes can be done in any earthen surface, including other earth techniques of the user.

(Doton: Yochi no Douyou) - Earth Release: World Shaking
Range: Short - Mid
Description: The user will concentrate and release their chakra into the ground to create a small tremer that can result in making the enemies lose their footing and fall to ground or miss the aim of a given technique.

H A D E S

Kin
20💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"Hmmm" Jiraiya listens carefully as his senpai explained to him.
"Senpai comes up with circumstances I can't imagine of. I guess that's why he is a senpai. He's coool" Jiraiya grins and thinks to himself.

As Yu senpai finished explaining, Jiraiya exclaimed slightly, "Oo... another combo jutsu! And this two seems to be quite tricky. I already love these jutsus. Ookay, senpai here I go!"

Next moment, Jiraiya faces Yu senpai's clone as it came running towards him with a kunai. He quickly stomps the ground with his foot and released his chakra into the ground, creating earthen spikes that popped out of the ground from different angles and attempt to pierce the clone. Then, he channels additional chakra into the ground, while the clone ran in unorderly line evading the spikes, and sent a small vibration through the ground that shoot the ground slightly making it difficult for the clone to balance. But being a senpai's clone and already in motion (If he stood still than he would fall or lose balance easily but while moving its easier to balance. I dont know if it applies or not but its true lol xD) it still manages to evade Jiraiya's earth spikes and upon reaching knocks him on his head.
Description: This technique lets the user create a few rock pillars that will protrude from the ground to skew the target. The rock pillars will even pass through obstacles to reach their target if these are less dense. The pillars/spikes can be done in any earthen surface, including other earth techniques of the user.

Description: The user will concentrate and release their chakra into the ground to create a small tremer that can result in making the enemies lose their footing and fall to ground or miss the aim of a given technique.
"Aaooww!"
Jiraiya look up at his senpai scratching his head "Lets go again, senpai!"
Still scratching his head with pain expressed on his face "I gonna knock off that clone for hitting me"

Jiraiya stood ready and as the clone starts to run towards him, he quickly channeled his chakra into the ground and created a small tremor that shook off the clones balance before he could gain much momentum. Knowing that the clone will try to balance out the sudden tremor, Jiraiya quickly channeled more chakra into the ground and made some earthen spikes that protruded out of the ground from different angles of the clone and pierce it after it dodged some of the spikes. The clone then poofs away.

"Yea..!"
This time I used the second first.

Advantages: Apart from being used directly from the original ground (Doton: Ganchūsō)-Earth Release: Stone Spikes can be used in different combinations with other Doton techniques like (Doton: Ganban Kyu) - Earth Release: Bedrock Coffin by making the spike/pillars to protrude directly through the sections of earth that is being manipulated. Or use it with (Doton: Iwa Rendan) - Earth Release: Rock Barrage making small spikes pop out from the manipulated rocks which then can be flung at an opponent for more severe damage. As for (Doton: Yochi no Douyou) - Earth Release: World Shaking, it is quite an amazing supplementary tech which can be used in combinations with many other Earth techs like (Doton: Ganban Kyu) - Earth Release: Bedrock Coffin, so that the opponent does not easily escape from his position and then be crushed with by the sections of earth being manipulated.

Disadvantages: (Doton: Ganchūsō)-Earth Release: Stone Spikes requires some form of earth available nearby (I know this is not much of an issue but I got no proper good points. This is tech is just so cool) and can be countered by lightning techs that has area of effect to destroy the spikes. And for the (Doton: Yochi no Douyou) - Earth Release: World Shaking, it can be countered by moving away from the ground like jumping up in the air and then using some fuuton techs to further push oneself in the air. It also wouldn't effect or would be hard to target if the opponent boosts one's movement speed using a Raiton tech or by other means.

Last edited:

Souji

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
(Honestly, you performed them perfectly U_U although, my clone wouldn't be able to dodge the spikes in freeform. In any RP battle, you must, in 99% percent of situations, counter a jutsu with another jutsu. There are exceptions with special abilities, clan techs, etc., but that's the general rule.)

Yu watched as his clone was defeated by Jiraiya's techniques.

"Your second combination was better than the first. I would have personally performed the World Shaking technique first to throw off your opponent's balance and follow up with the Stone Spikes."

"The World Shaking technique can force your opponent to take to the air. Earth is powerful element for controlling the battlefield. Once you master it, you will be able to make your opponent fight on YOUR terms. I may have said that before, but I can't reiterate it enough."

Taking a sip of water from his canteen, Yu tossed Jiraiya an extra flask. It was hot today and the fact they were fully dressed wasn't helping, either. After taking a short break, they continued.

"Now, this next jutsu has you gathering Earth chakra in your mouth. Once you have a good amount, you'll create a muddy, viscous Earth. Honestly, it's kind of icky if you've never felt that sensation before, but you'll get used to it quickly. I then want you to spit out the mud in a thick globule... ball... however you visualize it, at your target. Aim is the key here. Try hitting different areas of the training dummies over there and tell me what the effect of hitting them in the head, feet, and other body parts are."

"After you've done that, I'll give you a small lesson on projectile-based jutsus."

(Doton: Dorosandan) – Earth Release: Mudshot
Damage points: 10
Description: The user spits a thick globule of mud at the target. If aimed correctly, it can blind the target's vision and choke them. It can also be used to create a sticky patch on the ground.

H A D E S

Kin
20💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"Very well, Yu senpai. Your words makes me want to learn earth techniques even more. I'm glad I'm receiving teachings from such a cool senpai" Jiraiya says as he grabs the bottle of water subconsciously.

After a little break, we get back to the training area and Jiraiya tries out the new technique his senpai had just explained.

"Mud in my mouth? I dont like where this is going" He thinks but at the same time determines himself "If senpai and my other friends could do this then there's no exception. I have to perfect this tech"

So, he starts gathering chakra to his mouth and transformed it into an earth type chakra. He hesitates a little before proceeding to the next step but slowly turns the earth chakra in his mouth into a muddy viscous. He then, trying hard not to puke it out before the right time, pictures a water-drop-shaped gluey paste of earth and then spits out the muddy viscous from his mouth transforming them into a single ball of what he just pictured and aimed it for a weird spot on the dummy. The mud shot hits the dummy right between its legs !!
(Doton: Dorosandan) – Earth Release: Mudshot
Damage points: 10
Description: The user spits a thick globule of mud at the target. If aimed correctly, it can blind the target's vision and choke them. It can also be used to create a sticky patch on the ground.
Jiraiya laughs silently "Teeheehee.."
He then realizes his senpai is looking at him. Then with a sorry expression and while waving both his palms in denial gesture.... "It....its not what you think senpai. I wasn't exactly aiming for that.. hehe"

Then after a moment, this time with more seriousness he performs the technique few more times, this time aiming for the dummy's head, feet, stomach and hands.

He then speaks out...
"Okay, here's what I deducted, senpai for the cases where my opponent gets hit on different parts of his body"

1. Feet: In this case, the opponent's feet is slightly strangled due to the sticky feel of the mud shot, making his movements slow and unable to jump in air.
2. Knees & thighs: If an opponent gets hit in this area, he is maimed and wont move like he normally does.
3. Stomach: The opponent is pushed back slightly and is badly hurt.
4. Hands: Can hurt the opponent when shot on arms. Also, can cause problems for performing handseals when shot exactly on his fist or palms area.
5. Neck and Head: The opponent would choke when hit on neck due to the force. He would also choke if hit directly on the face as the sticky mud would prevent him from breathing and also block his vision if the eyes are covered by it. And also possibly cause a small stun as the force of the mud shot would hit him like a punch.

Advantages:
Apart from the above points I think its quite fast and easy to perform due to no handseals involved plus its a ranged technique, so the user doesn't necessarily have to be close to the opponent.
Disadvantages:
Hitting the exact spot would be very hard to achieve in real battle. Also, being a single spot attack type it can be quite easily evaded and just a wastage of one's move. In most cases it requires a supplementary technique for it to be successfully executed, So its a dependent kind of technique.

Souji

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"Fantastic analysis. I don't need to say anything more about that."

"But now I'll give you a short lesson on projectiles. If you double the amount of projectiles, you halve the rank of each projectile."

"That's the basic concept, but I'll give you a more concrete example. Say I have an S-ranked projectile technique. If I allow that one projectile to split into two, each individual projectile is now an A-rank. If I split each of those two in half, I'll have 4 B-ranked projectiles. Then, 8 C-ranked, 16 D-ranked, and finally, 32 E-ranked projectiles. This applies to projectile techniques that CAN be split up into multiple projectiles according to their DESCRIPTIONS. Remember that, alright? If you have questions, ask me."

Yu beckoned Jiraiya to walk with him to a nearby cave. It was a natural formation; it looked like a large anthill with an entrance that was big enough for someone to fit into.

"This next jutsu has you performing a hand seal and channeling your Earth chakra through a naturally occurring Earth structure. By sending unfocused, chaotic chakra through it, you'll be able to destroy the foundations and essentially cause the structure to collapse on itself."

"I believe this was the jutsu that killed Obito Uchiha in the Third Great Ninja War, or so the stories tell."

(Doton: Iwa Yado Kuzushi) - Earth Release: Stone Lodging Destruction
Range: Short-Long
Damage Points: N/A (up to 60)
Descripton: The user will do one hand seal and cause nearby earth structures (either natural occurring ones on the field (such as cave ceilings, cliffs, etc), man made (buildings, etc) or jutsu made (up to C-Rank active structures)) to collapse and fall. This technique allows the ninja to control nearby stone and rock and dislodge any vulnerable or sensitive spots, causing the structure to collapse. This can be especially useful if in a cave or a stone lodging. The technique can loosen the rocks and cause them to come raining down on whomever is trapped inside. The damage depends on the size of the cavern or rock lodging above or nearby the target and not on the amount of chakra used which doesn't need to be high. A large cave with a thick ceiling can easily do the physical damage equivalent to an A-Rank technique but due to the damage not being focused or chakra fueled, its also easily defendable.