[Discussion] Dragon Ball Super E127 - The Approaching Wall! The Final Barrier Of Hope!!

Sauce

Veteran
Kin
85💸
Kumi
1,840💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

You must be registered for see images

Was both sort of happy and disappointed with this episode.

1. Android 17 being a beast was great to see, but the fact that he is (more than likely gone) pisses me off a bit.

2. Both Goku and Vegeta asspulling power.

3. The terribly short backstory on Jiren, I mean seriously, only a short 3-4 minute summary? That in itself deserves more than that (happy to see something at least).

4. Freiza getting continuously shit on every second he is on screen at this point. I figure the only reason they showed him was to reassure people he was still on the stage.

5. The fact that we already know it will come down to Goku vs Jiren, though I am excited to see how it will lead up to the hiatus, whether or not U7 gets destroyed.

All and all, It wasn't a bad episode entirely, in fact I did enjoy it, but it was pretty flawed overall.

You must be registered for see images

Guntah

Elite
Kin
148💸
Kumi
78💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Whoa, they...actually had Seventeen do a proper sacrifice? Like, dead sacrifice? Even if we know he's coming back by the end of all this, Dragon Ball Super actually has more balls than I gave it credit for, wow. Then again...we did have future Bulma and Picolo.

Sauce

Veteran
Kin
85💸
Kumi
1,840💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Whoa, they...actually had Seventeen do a proper sacrifice? Like, dead sacrifice? Even if we know he's coming back by the end of all this, Dragon Ball Super actually has more balls than I gave it credit for, wow. Then again...we did have future Bulma and Picolo.
Yeah, I was honestly surprised, but that was honestly the biggest redeemer for this episode. I expected a generic/no backstory on Jiren, and I expected G & V to just have all this reserve power. Like you said, regardless if he can be revived, I have to give them that one.

Styles

Legendary
Kin
16💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Freeza is literally just there right now. Dude bring nothing in the fight vs Jiren. Tho i guess he's only staying so he can be the "last" man standing and get that wish leading up to another arc after the movie.

Ansatsuken

Supreme
Kin
4,798💸
Kumi
649💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
1. Agree and we will missed him.

2. It's stupid. It kills the value of every transformation. DBS in Goku and Vegeta suffered from Naruto syndrom. Energy and stamina that coming from no where but plot.

3. Needs to be explore more, yes. But character's backstory/story exploration is mainly done in story mode arc and not tournament mode arc. ToP is tournament arc and not story arc like Freiza Saga or Cell Saga. It understandable why author put less emphasis on Jiren or everyone backstory.

4. He never learns.

5. Jiren will win or draw and then we can call it a day.

Enjoying Freiza getting Yamcha'd again xd

Dreckerplayer

Elite
Kin
26💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think this episode was mostly "procrastination".

But it got interesting towards the end when 17 sacraficed himself. I feel like they just need to get things moving quicker...it really feels like they're procrastinating...perhaps they're doing things "strategically"...and taking forever to get to the point.

-They have something up their sleeve with "frieza"

-18's reaction towards 17's sacrifice wasn't all that "poignant" as you'd expect.

-17's placement in this tournament was super random...I think he was just fan-service.Wasn't the perfect "fit" but super random.

-At this point, vegeta is just pulling out memories like "cards" just to get himself motivated.

-Notice, Vegeta is more considerate of his family, than Goku is...

-Jiren's character development...poop.They're trying to make him out to be some interesting character, but really he's not.His power is random and sort of undeserving of his power, as it hasn't been shown that he's underwent any special training to be able to battle the likes of Vegeta, Goku, 17, and FRIEZA, all at the same time.Very random, and sort of disloyal to give such a random character such power.I think the portrayal of "Jirens" character in the manga, is way more befitting...it makes it very "clear"...and reminds you of "superman".

-Suddenly "Toppo" has nothing to say...knowing that this is a huge battle

-Gohan has nothing to say, "Piccolo"...I don't recall him saying anything...usually they'd react towards battles like these.

-Where was all the commentary of all the other characters that got kicked off the arena in universe 7?

loads upon loads of procrastination...

Last edited:

-Punk-

Supreme
Kin
116💸
Kumi
265💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
17 is the MVP of this tournament no debates, the character has been so smart and enjoyable to watch thank you 17 for keeping me watching this disaster of a show.

Jiren’s backstory lol terrible and ugliest kid in history.

They should end this arc with the fusion but it has to be the poster boy like always, I do not care for Goku so after Vegeta gets eliminated I’ll just wait for the last episode to see a the wishes and a tease for the next arc.

Frieza has no business in there anymore, like someone said above he is just there to get his wish.

17 once again the best in this arc.

Sauce

Veteran
Kin
85💸
Kumi
1,840💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
17 is the MVP of this tournament no debates, the character has been so smart and enjoyable to watch thank you 17 for keeping me watching this disaster of a show.

Jiren’s backstory lol terrible and ugliest kid in history.

They should end this arc with the fusion but it has to be the poster boy like always, I do not care for Goku so after Vegeta gets eliminated I’ll just wait for the last episode to see a the wishes and a tease for the next arc.

Frieza has no business in there anymore, like someone said above he is just there to get his wish.

17 once again the best in this arc.
Yep, 17 is the GOAT.

Meowazziel

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So what is Jiren his wish?

The backstory didnt make that fully clear to me.

Wishing people back?
Whishing those back killed by enemies weaker than him to give him a great reach of who to whish back, because he is so strong now?
Being able to change the past?
Something else?

I am getting a bit tired of Frieza appearing and getting KO straight after until next episode again.
Even when announcing that he will ignore the rules and try to kill Jiren.

Android #17 was mvp.

Last edited:

Shruikan

Legendary
Kin
12💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Freeza is literally just there right now. Dude bring nothing in the fight vs Jiren. Tho i guess he's only staying so he can be the "last" man standing and get that wish leading up to another arc after the movie.
The series is ending permanently after 131.

Lord Tywin

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Watch that evil doer is the grand priest or the next villain after the hiatus. Jiren said he seeks what’s beyond strength which the only person that strong is either the priest or somebody related to him

InfiniteMugen

KING
Legendary
Kin
110💸
Kumi
200💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It was ok, 17 saved it, his attitude throughout the tourney has been awesome imo. At least there seems to be no more asspulls coming from vegetas end next ep, aside from one shot in his new form, he seems to be in base for the fight