chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was reading some theories and came across the Dragon was an admiral theory again and I realized something. Now those unfamiliar it says Dragon was the 4th admiral because of folk lore of the north,east,south and west being associated with colors and animals related to the 3 Admirals we know with the 4th seas being White Dragon. Now besides Dragon being his real name where the other Admirals code names match the animals of the sea and color I noticed something else about this theory that didn't add up.

The Marines/WG are a tight run organization. They have 7 shichibukai when one is defeated or demoted they're replaced. When Akainu was promoted and Aokiji left they hired Fuijitora and Ryogyoku. So why would an organization that operates like that not only not replace a 4th marine but just leave the spot empty and never worry about filling it again? That doesn't make sense to me.

So what do you guys think about the Dragon being an Admiral theory? I'm sure most of the people left here have already covered this but eh what else do we have to talk about?

Passerby

Veteran
Kin
1,405💸
Kumi
711💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Maybe there never was a 4th admiral? It has always been 3 admirals. So when Dragon left they replaced him with Aokiji?

Dragon is also in the same age group as Akainu and Kizaru so I guess it would make sense that all three of them started of as rookies and rose to rank of Admiral together.

Btw I think "Dragon" is his actual name. If it was an alias like "Akainu" or "Kizaru" then they'll probably call him "Ryu" etc.

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Could be that the Fleet Admiral is still included with the other 3 admirals to make up the 4 directions. I never heard the theory before, but after reading a bit more it's kinda believable. The east Dragon is said to control rain, and a storm came with Dragon. All the O.G. admirals are logias, and Dragon seems to be one too. Tortoise would be Kizaru(cause his speech lmao), dragon would be Dragon, Suzaku would be Akainu, and tiger would be what's his face. It doesn't fit entirely tho, so idk. Maybe we should look at this in a different context.

Like the future context. Right now, the 4 directions are butchered, but, if true, it should fall in place by the end of story. I want to add the theory that Dragon reforms the Navy, then look at it from that view. So, Tortoise(water & winter associations) would be Aokiji, Suzaku would be Sabo, dragon(which is the leader of the others in some stories) would be Fleet Admiral Dragon, then Tiger would be the same Gravity Dude.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Could be that the Fleet Admiral is still included with the other 3 admirals to make up the 4 directions. I never heard the theory before, but after reading a bit more it's kinda believable. The east Dragon is said to control rain, and a storm came with Dragon. All the O.G. admirals are logias, and Dragon seems to be one too. Tortoise would be Kizaru(cause his speech lmao), dragon would be Dragon, Suzaka would be Akainu, and tiger would be what's his face. It doesn't fit entirely tho, so idk. Maybe we should look at this in a different context.

Like the future context. Right now, the 4 directions are butchered, but, if true, it should fall in place by the end of story. I want to add the theory that Dragon reforms the Navy, then look at it from that view. So, Tortoise(water & winter associations) would be Aokiji, Suzaka would be Sabo, dragon(which is the leader of the others in some stories) would be Fleet Admiral Dragon, then Tiger would be the same Gravity Dude.
Ooh now I hadn't thought of him being the FA before Sengoku but as neat as that sounds I still don't know if I'm buying it.

I'll see if I can find the theory, we might have found some different things that line up because the ones I've read mention a monkey,dragon,bird and dog as well as yellow,red,blue and white as the color coordination. There was also some folk tale about a bird which the theorist accredited to a dragon warning a dog, monkey and pheasant to leave their ruler but the dog was too loyal, the pheasant to lazy and the monkey being too something I can't remember but the personalities fit the Admirals.

It does make sense in a lot of ways but the codenames being required for 3 but not Dragon and the idea that the Marines left this spot vacant ever since just doesn't sit right.

Maybe there never was a 4th admiral? It has always been 3 admirals. So when Dragon left they replaced him with Aokiji?

Dragon is also in the same age group as Akainu and Kizaru so I guess it would make sense that all three of them started of as rookies and rose to rank of Admiral together.

Btw I think "Dragon" is his actual name. If it was an alias like "Akainu" or "Kizaru" then they'll probably call him "Ryu" etc.
Well the theory says 4 admirals at one point which included Akainu, Kizaru, Aokiji and Dragon then Dragon left, but I don't think there was ever a 4th admiral.

Dragon is his actual name which is what I was saying, the other 3 are all connected to the sea/color via their codename where Dragon would be connected via his real name which doesn't fit the pattern. Example the theory said the North sea was associated with red and a dog -> Akainu. So say East would be White and a dragon ->shiroryu. But Akainu's real name doesn't have either in it.

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Ooh now I hadn't thought of him being the FA before Sengoku but as neat as that sounds I still don't know if I'm buying it.

I'll see if I can find the theory, we might have found some different things that line up because the ones I've read mention a monkey,dragon,bird and dog as well as yellow,red,blue and white as the color coordination. There was also some folk tale about a bird which the theorist accredited to a dragon warning a dog, monkey and pheasant to leave their ruler but the dog was too loyal, the pheasant to lazy and the monkey being too something I can't remember but the personalities fit the Admirals.

It does make sense in a lot of ways but the codenames being required for 3 but not Dragon and the idea that the Marines left this spot vacant ever since just doesn't sit right.

Well the theory says 4 admirals at one point which included Akainu, Kizaru, Aokiji and Dragon then Dragon left, but I don't think there was ever a 4th admiral.

Dragon is his actual name which is what I was saying, the other 3 are all connected to the sea/color via their codename where Dragon would be connected via his real name which doesn't fit the pattern. Example the theory said the North sea was associated with red and a dog -> Akainu. So say East would be White and a dragon ->shiroryu. But Akainu's real name doesn't have either in it.
I thought you were pulling from literal legends surrounding coordinates opposed to the ones of Momotaro(which the admirals are undoubtedly based on). This is what I read: I thought something was wrong the moment it started saying blue dragon rather than white, but I shrugged it off, then it said kindness was a trait of Suzaku and I was like wtf. It only made sense to me if the current title holders were replaced. My searches aren't bringing me anything about coordinates in the story Momotaro though, so maybe whoever wrote the theory fused the two or something.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I thought you were pulling from literal legends surrounding coordinates opposed to the ones of Momotaro(which the admirals are undoubtedly based on). This is what I read: I thought something was wrong the moment it started saying blue dragon rather than white, but I shrugged it off, then it said kindness was a trait of Suzaku and I was like wtf. It only made sense to me if the current title holders were replaced. My searches aren't bringing me anything about coordinates in the story Momotaro though, so maybe whoever wrote the theory fused the two or something.
Here's the one I was reading earlier that led to this;
Was the “World’s Worst Criminal” a past admiral for the Marines? According to , there’s strong evidence to suggest Monkey D. Dragon was, at one point in his life, an admiral working for the World Government.
Oda is known for using myths, legends, and fables as inspiration for his storylines. (Elbaf, the kingdom of giants, is “fable” spelled backward). Chinese mythology believes in the four seas: North, South, East, and West. They are commonly represented by four colors: Yellow, Blue, White, and Red. Over time, the four seas have also been identified by animals: a Monkey, a Bird, a Dragon, and a Dog. Spot the connection?
A north sea with a yellow monkey = Admiral Kizaru. A south sea with a bluebird = Admiral Aokiji. A west sea with a red dog = Admiral Akainu.
Which leaves the east sea (“Shiroryu” in Chinese) with Admiral White Dragon.
There’s another popular myth that supports this theory. There was a king who had four followers: One that was shaped like a bird (Dragoon), monkey (Kizaru), dog (Akainu), and pheasant (Aokiji). After realizing how evil the king was, the bird decided to leave his side, but not without telling his comrades the truth. However, the brid’s efforts were in vain as the dog was too loyal, the monkey too stupid, and the pheasant too lazy to leave the king. Again, this connects to the admirals in color, animal, and personality. All this suggests Dragon was an admiral who left his position after realizing the corruption of the World Government.

Reactions: HowDidIGetPrem