SSStylish

Veteran
Kin
93💸
Kumi
2,560💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
How do you feel about women being required to register for the draft? I'm not a huge fan of women in combat roles but I guess they're getting the equality they wanted?

Reactions: Conspirator.

The Necromancer

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
My only issue is that a lot of those who call for equal treatment end up being satisfied with equal female enrollment, despite the fact that they still have lower standards to adhere to.

Z 0 M B 1 3

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I like it. Everything should be equal mehahaha.

But it'll bring more variety of women in the military because only the Air Force has the pretty ones.
Myself is in the Army Guard.

Narushima

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It is a statistical fact - one rooted in the biology of human behaviour no matter how much the feminists wish otherwise - that females are, on average, much more prone to empathy, and less inclined to violence, compared to males.

Further, the way those traits are distributed in a population means that even small differences in the averages amplify further out in the distribution, so when it comes to pathological altruism (e.g. Stockholm syndrome), women vastly outnumber men.

Which means that not only will women as a population be far less effective in combat compared to men but they will be disproportionately scarred and made miserable by the experience of war compared to men.

There will be some women - their numbers significantly less than men notwithstanding- - who can pull the trigger and kill the enemy without any qualms. There are Kurdish women who are fighting the orks of the Caliphate to the death as we speak.

Thus while I have no problem with women who genuinely want to join the military doing so - it is clear to me that the costs of a female draft far outweighs any benefits, if there are any.

Reactions: Conspirator.

Uzumaki Menma

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I am not a fan of this decision. The implications this would have on the battlefield (I do not know if they will be able to become infantry and other ground-troop positions) are vast and quite frankly dangerous, for both opposing sides.

slimreaper

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Women shouldn't be in combat period. All studies show they're inferior.

That said the entire point of a draft is to swarm bodies to the fight as quickly as possible. Having to sift through incompetent women just to find the few who can cut it without lowering standards goes against the entire point of having a draft.

Lightbringer

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Plenty of female warriors in the past. Just look at the Vikings. They had shield maidens.

I just hope we won't ever have to use the draft, period.

Jazzy Stardust

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
females can be trained to handle guns and conditioned for combat just like males, its not rocket science to learn to aim and shoot

no draft is happening either way. with how many people entering the military voluntarily, not to mention we have no need for a draft with our current military forces and no threat is big enough to call for it. but its nice to know its not just males that have to die for our country if needed. if our country is gonna really be the land of equality that needs to be a thing