Veteran
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
The title.
I'll add a little explanation as to why i have this question.
We have seen naruto's shunshin in KCM or even BM against raikage and to deflect biju damas respectively. But we didn't see that kinda shunshin from him often. If we analyse properly, in all cases naruto used that insane shunshin, he was preparing to do so. He was preparing to dodge Ay and he went BM to deflect BDs. Heck i have read somewhere that hanzo used handseals to prepare for shunshin and that is what he was famous for as well. In fact we have not seen a single instance that i can remember of in manga where some shinobi used shunshin arbitrarily. Even when minato used shunshin he always had the head start. Against tobi, against kyubi, against narusasu's attack when he suddenly appeared in front of them and again to stop kakashi from killing obito.

This also explains why kakashi was able to match minato's running speed against black zetsu when he took over obito. Because minato didn't use shunshin there. Otherwise it seems absurd that kakashi can match kyubi enhanced minato's shunshin. Bee was able to run as fast as naruto in KCM and that is also explained as running is not equal to shunshin. Itachi was also able to fight naruto in cqc because naruto wasn't using his insane speed as it requires prep to use.

And shunshin is a shinobi move unlike simple running and uses chakra too so that kinda makes one wonder. Also it's official name is shunshin no jutsu.

You can find a lot of other examples as well but the question stands, does shunshin require prep?

If so does that mean it also depends on user's reactions and quick thinking. If this is proven to be true then it explains a lot of speed inconsistencies in the manga.

Last edited:

Your Creepy Stalker

Legendary
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Awards
what are you talking about? Shunshin has been used in entire manga. Dunno what you are going on about. I even gave a few examples in OP
You must be registered for see images
This is the one and only time anyone has ever used Shunshin in combat. Everyone else seems to think regular running works.

Oblivionx

Veteran
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
You must be registered for see images
This is the one and only time anyone has ever used Shunshin in combat. Everyone else seems to think regular running works.
Sakura did send chakra to feet so it requires prep. That was the question as to whether it requires prep or not. Because it caused a lot of speed inconsistencies among characters. And it has been used in battle, minato used it against tobi, naruto used it against Ay and against against bijudamas, you will find many more examples too in manga..

Last edited:

Your Creepy Stalker

Legendary
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Awards
Sakura did send chakra to feet so it requires prep. That was the question as to whether it requires prep or not. Because it caused a lot of speed inconsistencies among characters. And it has been used in battle, minato used it against tobi, naruto used it against Ay and against against bijudamas, you will find many more examples too in manga..
In the same way Rasengan requires prep then. IE: Not. It hardly counts a prep if it can be done in under a second.

Oblivionx

Veteran
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
In the same way Rasengan requires prep then. IE: Not. It hardly counts a prep if it can be done in under a second.
well that's a different story. My main point was to prove that itachi wasn't reacting to naruto's top speed, kakashi isn't as fast as minato, sasuke isn't as fast as naruto.. And many other inconsistencies in manga.
btw is shunshin nu jutsu ninjutsu?

Mad Titan Thanos

Banned
Elite
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
So it is different for different characters and it also means not everyone is using shunshin every time they move...
cheers
Yes its up to Kishi to decide who would have better shunshin . Probably if 2 persons use same amount of chakra for shunshin person with faster natural speed would move faster while performing shunshin.

Yes not everyone is using shunshin while moving.When they run through forest they use normal speed.

Oblivionx

Veteran
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Yes its up to Kishi to decide who would have better shunshin . Probably if 2 persons use same amount of chakra for shunshin person with faster natural speed would move faster while performing shunshin.

Yes not everyone is using shunshin while moving.When they run through forest they use normal speed.
i doubt there's anything like natural speed in NV. but i got your point. cheers