Does Rinne Rebirth really kill the user?

Horus

Elite
Kin
377💸
Kumi
79💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There's some uncertainty around the Outer Path Samsara technique and whether it kills the user when it is performed.

Firstly, Konan said if Nagato uses it at his current chakra levels, he'd die. This implies that if he was at full chakra, he'd survive it.
However, can we really use Konan as a reliable source for how a rinnegan technique works? Even Nagato wasn't fully aware of the rinnegan's capabilities (I think).

The second time certain death was mentioned was when Obito was angry at Nagato for wasting the technique on Konoha.

Then it was mentioned by Madara who was telling Obito that he needs him to throw away his life and use Rinne Rebirth on him, which backs up that its a technique that kills the user. I mean I'd believe an actual rinnegan user as opposed to Konan.
That's just my two cents on it.

What do you guys think about it?

Avaitto

#mangafacts
Veteran
Kin
32💸
Kumi
854💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Obito used it once to revive one person and it made his hair go white just like Nagato who used it to revive many people and later after completing it it killed him so it does kill the user even after using it to only revive one person.

Horus

Elite
Kin
377💸
Kumi
79💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It shouldn't. If Pain could revive multiple people, why should anyone die when reviving a single person?
Obito used it once to revive one person and it made his hair go white just like Nagato who used it to revive many people and later after completing it it killed him so it does kill the user even after using it to only revive one person.
Yes, it's sort of like a trade off jutsu.
Just came across something that satisfies my answer. I know this thread is old but bear with me lol
BZ prolonged Obito's lifeforce by attaching to him after he used Rinne Tensei
Then Naruto used his Jesus powers (lol) to prolong him even further. What people thought was him being saved, was just his life being prolonged. He would eventually die. Sakura was the one who confirmed this.

Attachments

Reactions: salamander uchiha

Avaitto

#mangafacts
Veteran
Kin
32💸
Kumi
854💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Just came across something that satisfies my answer. I know this thread is old but bear with me lol
BZ prolonged Obito's lifeforce by attaching to him after he used Rinne Tensei
Then Naruto used his Jesus powers (lol) to prolong him even further. What people thought was him being saved, was just his life being prolonged. He would eventually die. Sakura was the one who confirmed this.
I believe if you are a Jinchuriki or have a Bijuu as a Preta path user you can spam Rinne Tensei since they are immortal and have infinite life force, remember Nagato became young again and gained his health and hair colour after he absorbed the 8 tails chakra, something that 6 paths Yang power couldn't do to Obito, I believe it heals you physically but not life force wise.

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I believe if you are a Jinchuriki or have a Bijuu as a Preta path user you can spam Rinne Tensei since they are immortal and have infinite life force, remember Nagato became young again and gained his health and hair colour after he absorbed the 8 tails chakra, something that 6 paths Yang power couldn't do to Obito, I believe it heals you physically but not life force wise.
That's belief leaves a lot to be desired, the Mezo has infinite life-force, yet it wouldn't have stopped Obito from dying. Tailed beasts can also due, but they can respawn.

Avaitto

#mangafacts
Veteran
Kin
32💸
Kumi
854💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That's belief leaves a lot to be desired, the Mezo has infinite life-force, yet it wouldn't have stopped Obito from dying. Tailed beasts can also due, but they can respawn.
Preta doesn't work on the statue since it's not chakra, It keeps you alive the same way BZ made Obito stay alive temporary while it's being attached, Jinchuriki were aging so you need Preta to do it and Bijuus dying doesn't mean they don't have infinite life force since they respawn and stay immortal.

Last edited:

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Preta doesn't work on the statue since it's not chakra, Jinchuriki were aging so you need Preta to do it and Bijuus dying doesn't mean they don't have infinite life force since they respawn and stay immortal.
They don't, Indra and Asura were also respawning, yet no infinite life-force. Pretax can work on anything that has chakra in it, tbh. The tailed beasts can be turned into something else, consumed, and disappear.

Avaitto

#mangafacts
Veteran
Kin
32💸
Kumi
854💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
They don't, Indra and Asura were also responding, yet no infinite life-force. Pretax can work on anything that has chakra in it, tbh.
Souls are immortal and they possess people who already have great chakra like their reincarnations that we've seen, it alters their destiny that's why a fodder like Naruto is powerful, he was destined to have Kurama instead of having great base chakra like Hashirama, Madara and Sasuke.

The statues is an empty husk and it's original chakra is the Bijuus and it's immortality is not chakra related, Preta can only absorb chakra.

Last edited:

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Souls are immortal and they possess people who already have great chakra like their reincarnations that we've seen, it probably alters their destiny that's why a fodder like Naruto is powerful, he was destined to have Kurama instead of having great base chakra like Hashirama, Madara and Sasuke.
If that was true (in part I agree with you), then others would also be reincarnating. Also, didn't Plotromo put it down to their refined chakra and their actual souls🤔

Last edited:

Avaitto

#mangafacts
Veteran
Kin
32💸
Kumi
854💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
If that was true (in part I agree with you), then others would also be reincarnating. Also, didn't photomontage put it down to their refined chakra and their actual souls🤔
Souls can be summoned if you have the blood of the person and sealed via Edo tensei, Rinnegan, reaper deah seal and other means, without blood if you're Hagoromo, if you kill a reincarnation of Indra or Ashura they don't reincornate immediately but they go to the afterlife then they possess the host, Hagoromo can exit the after life if you can create his chakra.

Destiny assures you to get perfect hosts like Naruto who was destined to have Kurama long time ago and stated by many people.

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Souls can be summoned if you have the blood of the person and sealed via Edo tensei, Rinnegan, reaper deah seal and other means, without blood if you're Hagoromo, if you kill a reincarnation of Indra or Ashura they don't reincornate immediately but they go to the afterlife then they possess the host, Hagoromo can exit the after life if you can create his chakra.

Destiny assures you to get perfect hosts like Naruto who was destined to have Kurama long time ago and stated by many people.
Nah, their chakra was mentioned. I'm sure it needs to be in a blood relative. It can't be the soul otherwise Indra and Asura would've come to the forefront in New bodies sort of like Oro.

Although, in Naruto's case he was compared directly to Asura. That means both were folders without outside hp and handouts, which is also confirmed in the manga

Avaitto

#mangafacts
Veteran
Kin
32💸
Kumi
854💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Nah, their chakra was mentioned. I'm sure it needs to be in a blood relative. It can't be the soul otherwise Indra and Asura would've come to the forefront in New bodies sort of like Oro.

Although, in Naruto's case he was compared directly to Asura. That means both were folders without outside hp and handouts, which is also confirmed in the manga
Their souls make sure that the host has the same or similar personality and power as Indra and Ashura and that destiny was stated when the two were alive in the past, Ashura knew about Naruto, Oro does need blood and chakra he doesn't just magically appear he needs the curse mark which has his chakra and the body of the person who has the mark.

I'm not denying the need of chakra since the afterlife and the world of living is connected through chakra.

Last edited:

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Their souls make sure that the host has the same or similar personality and power as Indra and Ashura and that destiny was stated when the two were alive in the past, Ashura knew about Naruto, Oro does need blood and chakra he doesn't just magically appear he needs the curse mark which has his chakra and the body of the person who has the mark.

I'm not denying the need of chakra since the afterlife and the world of living is connected through chakra.
I don't think Asura knew about Naruto, nor Indra of Sasuke. They don't exist in their true souls otherwise they would be themselves. Their chakra likely has that KKG style stuff, where it laches onto the next one born sharing their GM. Madara became Rokudo, disrupting the cycle, then died. The chakra then moved on and two incarnated are born after his death. It could be the chakra which brings with it the personalty, remember Karin could read a person's nature/personality by their chakra.

Avaitto

#mangafacts
Veteran
Kin
32💸
Kumi
854💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I don't think Asura knew about Naruto, nor Indra of Sasuke. They don't exist in their true souls otherwise they would be themselves. Their chakra likely has that KKG style stuff, where it laches onto the next one born sharing their GM. Madara became Rokudo, disrupting the cycle, then died. The chakra then moved on and two incarnated are born after his death. It could be the chakra which brings with it the personalty, remember Karin could read a person's nature/personality by their chakra.
He did mention that a blue eyed boy who is a Jinchuriki of Kurama was gonna be his reincarnation and that prophecy was known by the toad sage and he mentioned Sasuke so it's highly likely Indra knew about Sasuke, souls possess chakra of the user and connects between worlds (stated by Obito), remember Tsunade's lover Dan gave her enough chakra to save her, because he was present, reincarnation is different, it doesn't just give you that chakra otherwise Madara and Hashirama would get weaker when revived and Naruto would have the power that made Hashirama a god of shinobi but he got Kurama instead, again it's alterations to destiny, the destiny of the reincornations that Sasuke wanted to use to be immortal or at least one of the many options he had.

Last edited:

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He did mention that a blue eyed boy who has Kurama as a Jinchuriki was gonna be his reincarnation and that prophecy was known by the toad sage and he mentioned Sasuke so it's highly likely Indra knew about Sasuke, souls possess chakra of the user and connects between worlds (stated by Obito), remember Tsunade's lover Dan gave her enough chakra to save her, because he was present, reincarnation is different, it doesn't just give you that chakra otherwise Madara and Hashirama would get weaker when revived and Naruto would have the power that made Hashirama a god of shinobi but he got Kurama instead, again it's alterations to destiny, the destiny of the reincornations that Sasuke wanted to use to be immortal or at least one of the many options he had.
You smoking teh kush :unsure:

super michael

Regular
Kin
595💸
Kumi
342💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The Mezo was the thing that kept Madara alive during his old age, once his connection to the Mezo was cut that is when he died. In theory had Madara not cut his connection to the mezo, then he wouldn't have died.

Obito had he remained a Jinchuuriki of the Mezo, then he would have plenty of life force. Plus with Preta Path, which can de-age a person that another good thing. Nagato went from looking old to all young as when Yahiku died, like he hasn't aged at all.