Do you usually watch the sub or dub of animes?

Sagebee

Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I dont really get why people speak so highly of subs thought it was just because they usually find dubs to suck but it seems they say they are supposedly even familiar with the Japanese voice actors.

Any big pro sub people here and why?

Reactions: Michelle

Michelle

Legendary
Kin
9,022💸
Kumi
3,787💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Status
Me! I am fan of subs. Not only you can hear the original voice actors and perceive the original intent of their interpretation, but any song or a specific way of speaking of a character may be lost in dubbing.
Not only for anime, but for cartoons and also normal movies and TV shows.
Also even if I have a movie in a language I studied and I would normally understand the most of it, the sub helps me to understand more, even if the sub may be not translated. Not the same happens with the dubbed movies.
I am also comfortable with it because our televisions/cinemas are usually subbing the movies and TV shows.
Except Cartoon Network who is dubbed lately and so it lost an old fan :p

kujaku

Kin
2,928💸
Kumi
352💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Sub all the way! I find that animes lose a lot when they get dubbed, the conversations don't flow as smoothly as they were originally written (duh), and is it just me or the voices are so freaking annoying on dubbed animes? It's like they are trying to keep the original pitch, but they fail miserably and it's just a mess all around.