Do you treat disabled people differently?

DominiqueX

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'm only a bit more careful, for example, I tend to make sure that a person in a wheelchair won't hit a chair/door frame etc.
But besides such minor things, I treat them as any other person.

Sakura Michiko

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I treat them like people I guess. When my grandmother was living a treated her like a normal sweet grandmother even though she had no legs. My uncle is blind but I treat him normal except for when I'm helping him walking. I am really careful with him.Overall I treated them as if they were normal just like me.

Last edited:

kimb

Veteran
Kin
67💸
Kumi
703💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nope. One of my closest friend's has been in a wheel chair ever since he was 8 yrs old (Multiple sclerosis) so most of his life. He tells me how he hates when people treat him with over kindness and that he sees right through it;"makes social encounters feel fake". On top of that, he's one of the biggest d*ck I know, so because of him I don't try to coddle disabled people. They're just like everyone else and are just as capable of being complete ***holes as everyone else. :cool:

Sakura Michiko

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nope. I have a friend who's been in a wheel chair ever since he was 8 yrs old (Multiple sclerosis), he tells me how he hates when people treat him with over kindness and that he sees right through it. On top of that, he's one of the biggest d*ck I know, so because of him I don't try to coddle disabled people. They're just like everyone else and are just as capable of being complete *******s as everyone else.
I kinda feel like this. I didn't want my grandmother to feel weird when she was living and I treat my uncle pretty normal too. Some people feel bad or think others are kissing their butts when they are bias towards them because of disabilities.