lndra

Supreme
Kin
15💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
During the Pain Arc, Naruto's character was at an all time high. Literally probably one of the best.

It was the Kage Summit BS and the War Arc that degraded him. Because if there was no Sasuke, or war, Naruto could of ended there with him being the Hokage and with the end of Akatsuki.

> Stopped Nagato
> Saved the Village
> Contemplated on peace with Nagato leaving a beautiful ending message.

Perfect.

I think what degraded him is that his character had no real development anymore, because he had the respect of the villagers. It was mostly Sasuke who ruined him, and Kishimoto's horrible War Arc BS. Now that Naruto is the Hokage, do you think Kishimoto will finally make his character shine back to the Pain Arc and now? I'm hoping for a serious, adult Naruto who is way more intelligent. Something similar to Hashirama, but still our old Naruto. What do you think?

NineSNS

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That arc was the best, but the story couldn't end without resolution of the main conflict (Naruto/Sasuke)

It just seemed to take a god-awful long time to get there

lndra

Supreme
Kin
15💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nah that would have been dumb.
It would have continued, but I think making the Pain Arc near the end would have been fantastic.
Naruto never really had great character, it all seemed too naive and idealistic to me. But I agree that Pain arc was his best
How did wanting the people of Konohagakure to acknowledge him, or wanting to become a Hokage be idealistic? Everyone has dreams. Kid Naruto through the Pain Arc was the most idealistic form of Naruto. It was the Child of Prophecy garbage that messed him up. It also seemed as if he lost that drive because of Sasuke during Part two, mainly due to Kishimoto's horrible subjective intertwining of the characters.
I think Kid Naruto was the best version of him.
I love both kid/Shippuden/Pain Arc versions of Naruto.
obito was still around....so no akatsuki wasnt finished yet.
Very true. I sorta meant in the case of Naruto actually continuing but at a faster rate without the war. Finishing off Obito, which leads to Madara, and maybe Madara manipulating Sasuke, but instead Sasuke manipulates him instead. Ending on Naruto v. Sasuke?
Stopped Nagato? You mean Nagato gave up and killed himself
I meant more on the lines of just stopping him from continuing his aim at destruction.