Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Besides the kite device I'm not sure if boruto still uses hand signs but we've never really gotten an explanation of the purpose of hand signs.

If I had to guess the hand signs are inspired from chinese zodiac and Chinese also have 5 element system so maybe they each have elemental relationships that hasnt been specified.

But it feels like whatever they intended hand signs to be the pretty much canned it only purpose just seems to look cool.

But if I had to guess the intended purpose it might be needed as concentration strategy and maybe the hand signs maybe do have an effect for potency of the jutsu.

Thoughts?

Reactions: Animegoin

Animegoin

Veteran
Kin
4,124💸
Kumi
2,010💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
From what I gather, the handsigns allow one to shift the nature of their chakra for ninjutsu they’re going to use. Without handsigns, their nature can’t shift, except for those with specific elemental KKT and KKG.

Their usage has waned, it became convoluted when even Hagoromo had to weave handsigns.

BoiNez

Regular
Kin
2,044💸
Kumi
18💴
Trait Points
15⚔️
From what I gather, the handsigns allow one to shift the nature of their chakra for ninjutsu they’re going to use. Without handsigns, their nature can’t shift, except for those with specific elemental KKT and KKG.

Their usage has waned, it became convoluted when even Hagoromo had to weave handsigns.
Im preety sure it has been stated in manga or anime that hand signs are needed for chakra control or something like that.

Reactions: Sagebee