Do you think racial discrimination will still be a major issue 100 years from now

Sagebee

Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Of the stories that constantly get headlines theres constant stories of Racial injustice in America that sweeps the nation.

I was thinking of some factors that I don't think its realistic that it will still be a major issue 100 years from now.

Some reasons I think this is there was a point in history the most important identity people had is the ethnic group they belong to but gradually over time with moderation that has become less and less an important identity. We see things like politics being part of there core identity.

Also when discussing things of racial discrimination its discussed not based on opinions the public hold but by unfair treatment of law. Theres been growing sentiment of the corruption of governance so at a certain point the discussion will be broader from not just racial injustice but corruption of law and how the system is broken.

Also I see the talking point of holding the 1% accountable to be popularized.

With these factors I have a hard time imagining issues of racial discrimination still be discussed as a national issue.

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
yes.
Post automatically merged:

People will disguise it with science and rational thinking, but the product will be the same people are gonna be racist as hell in the future.
Post automatically merged:

There could be emotional reasons as well.
People in america became sus about Islam after 9/11.
I know that's not a race but the idea is the same. It enables people into going to war at for example Iraq.

That's all people need, if you convince them there are proper reasons to be racist, people are gonna be racist.

The worst part is they will also pretend it's not racism.

Because racism is bad but they think they are good since they have motivations.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sagebee

Pumpkin Ninja

Legendary
Kin
577💸
Kumi
2,186💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
China is still pretty homogenous, I don't see them getting accustomed to other peoples any time soon. It really depends if Westernization overtakes the rest of the world and manages to instill its values of individualism and consumerism on everyone else. Then maybe the majority of people will be racially ambiguous but I doubt the world will get to that point in 100 years and it depends on how geopolitics plays out. In a few decades, we may see tribalism in many forms increase as capitalism, automation, climate change, geopolitics, and population increases, make everything worse for everyone. Because they definitely will. And when people are upset and angry, they often point fingers in every direction other than what's actually causing the issues.

Reactions: Sagebee

Avonomemi

Elite
Kin
1,632💸
Kumi
6,119💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
In 100 years, yes.
As far as we continue to have some form of identity other than "human" then it would not go, it might get better at some point but it will just come back around at some point when a backward thinking leader comes in play undoing all the good and hardwork done prior to it.
It is a vicious cycle, all we can do is fight back.

Reactions: Troi

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There are quite a few reasons for it to keep going, as pthers have noted.

However, this generation also has some advantages (learning, connectivity etc) that could allow it to properly end it.

So it depends on what we do about it. Same potential could make it worse than ever . . .

Troi

Legendary
Kin
3,461💸
Kumi
1,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
What we know now as "racism" has been a thing petty much since the dawn of man and war. It just wasn't called that. Groups waged war on different skin colors they thought to be inferior, different regions and lands because of how they differentiated from them. Groups of people waged war based on eye color. Nose shape. "Racism" is not easy to cure and probably never will be. I will always like the color purple. Other people will always like the color brown. This is a simplified version of racism without the radical actions over the opinion. People will wage war and kill over racism. They already have. 'Till this day. For centuries. Mankind is cruel and it always will be. If we aren't killing over race, we are killing over gender if we aren't killing over gender we are killing over who is rich and who is poor if we aren't killing over that we are killing over who's smart and who's dumb, if not that who's religion is superior... We as a species find ways to be barbaric and murderous. It's in our nature. We kill other people, animals, we rape, wage war, steal. We only do it less or find ways to do it without looking certain ways because we are an intelligent species and we advance but with this intelligence and advancement comes all those categories, you guessed it: more intelligent and advanced. As long as someone has something to say or think negative, things like racism will never die. It only takes one person to spread a sickness and it only takes one racist to motivate others to do the same or one mass killing to inspire others. This is life. Good can't exist without evil. Heroes can't exist if there are no villains. And this is not a pessimistic view, it's realistic however the optimistic view is to keep fighting and standing up for what is right. Which is what I, and many others will do. It's a constant battle and endless cycle but only while in this mortal shell we call a body. So keep fighting and don't give in like a weak bitch and evil will never overcome.

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What we know now as "racism" has been a thing petty much since the dawn of man and war. It just wasn't called that. Groups waged war on different skin colors they thought to be inferior, different regions and lands because of how they differentiated from them. Groups of people waged war based on eye color. Nose shape. "Racism" is not easy to cure and probably never will be. I will always like the color purple. Other people will always like the color brown. This is a simplified version of racism without the radical actions over the opinion. People will wage war and kill over racism. They already have. 'Till this day. For centuries. Mankind is cruel and it always will be. If we aren't killing over race, we are killing over gender if we aren't killing over gender we are killing over who is rich and who is poor if we aren't killing over that we are killing over who's smart and who's dumb, if not that who's religion is superior... We as a species find ways to be barbaric and murderous. It's in our nature. We kill other people, animals, we rape, wage war, steal. We only do it less or find ways to do it without looking certain ways because we are an intelligent species and we advance but with this intelligence and advancement comes all those categories, you guessed it: more intelligent and advanced. As long as someone has something to say or think negative, things like racism will never die. It only takes one person to spread a sickness and it only takes one racist to motivate others to do the same or one mass killing to inspire others. This is life. Good can't exist without evil. Heroes can't exist if there are no villains. And this is not a pessimistic view, it's realistic however the optimistic view is to keep fighting and standing up for what is right. Which is what I, and many others will do. It's a constant battle and endless cycle but only while in this mortal shell we call a body. So keep fighting and don't give in like a weak bitch and evil will never overcome.
XXOmi were iz u fron????..

Kin
1,731💸
Kumi
678💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Racism exists everywhere.

One girl didn't like me because I'm Dominican on my dad's side & was Ex Boyfriend was Dominican & cheated on her. My mom is from Puerto Rico. A lot of police brutality is greatly exaggerated & I know that I'm going to get a lot of heat for this, but I'm going to say it anyway.

Michael Brown

That had nothing to do with race. He literally got himself killed when he went after Officer Darren Wilson's gun. If he actually had cooperated he'd be alive today. Dorian Johnson originally said that the shooting was in the back when the autopsy showed that it was in the front.

Jacob Blake

The police gave him multiple opportunities to stop & had a knife, which Jacob Blake even admitted himself.

I recommend that you should stop listening to the media & do actual research(not Google because they'll censor everything I just said). Go on duckgo.com instead.

Look up how many countries want to burn our flags & say death to America.

Edit

Jacob Blake was a convicted felon who violated a restraining order, which was why the police was called there.

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Of the stories that constantly get headlines theres constant stories of Racial injustice in America that sweeps the nation.

I was thinking of some factors that I don't think its realistic that it will still be a major issue 100 years from now.

Some reasons I think this is there was a point in history the most important identity people had is the ethnic group they belong to but gradually over time with moderation that has become less and less an important identity. We see things like politics being part of there core identity.

Also when discussing things of racial discrimination its discussed not based on opinions the public hold but by unfair treatment of law. Theres been growing sentiment of the corruption of governance so at a certain point the discussion will be broader from not just racial injustice but corruption of law and how the system is broken.

Also I see the talking point of holding the 1% accountable to be popularized.

With these factors I have a hard time imagining issues of racial discrimination still be discussed as a national issue.
It will remain as long as ppl are divided on the basis of color, religion and status.