[Discussion] Do you think Oda should work on another manga?

Shodaime Swagkage

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What I mean by the question is that should he work on a side manga that is related to One Piece
just like Isayama's Attack on Titan Before the Fall and Birth of Levi. Oda strategically goes on breaks
to not over work himself and tease the crap out of the next chapter. I think it would be a good idea
if another mangaka worked on a related series while Oda supervises him or her now and then because
there's alot I'd like to know about origin of devil fruits, Vegapunk, why Enel went to the moon, the Will of D,
the Void Century, how old are the Gorosei etc. Oda makes a lengthy arc for build up and have only two or three
revelations in it. Even though they are satisfying, I don't know how much longer Oda could keep this going but if
there's a manga at the side to help fill in those gaps I think it would be great.

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Nah, Goda should only work on One Piece for now and he rarely takes breaks himself.

Edit: It just sounds like you the only ongoing weekly series you read is One Piece. If that's the case, just check out some other series to fill in that gap when One Piece is on break.

Last edited:

Shodaime Swagkage

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah I know Oda barely gets any sleep working on One piece, that's why I thought if someone else who knows the story, maybe an assistant, works on it and once in awhile asks for Oda's opinion and advice. Just like how Toyotarou works on dragonball super.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What I mean by the question is that should he work on a side manga that is related to One Piece
just like Isayama's Attack on Titan Before the Fall and Birth of Levi. Oda strategically goes on breaks
to not over work himself and tease the crap out of the next chapter. I think it would be a good idea
if another mangaka worked on a related series while Oda supervises him or her now and then because
there's alot I'd like to know about origin of devil fruits, Vegapunk, why Enel went to the moon, the Will of D,
the Void Century, how old are the Gorosei etc. Oda makes a lengthy arc for build up and have only two or three
revelations in it. Even though they are satisfying, I don't know how much longer Oda could keep this going but if
there's a manga at the side to help fill in those gaps I think it would be great.
All those questions will be answered in time.

keshav31

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well zoro story can be shown in 20-30 manga chapter.Will of D & void century can't be shown as its the main focus of OP.Enel story has been shown as sidelines.