Skywardsword

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
I dont...his goal is a noble one and the motives that have brought him to where he is are understandable. The only bad thing about him is that he is completely motivated by Rin. I also find it an intresting concept of him and Naruto being two sides of the same coin...what about you? Do you think Obito is a bad villain? Why?

Reactions: ~Sasuke~

Everztar

Veteran
Kin
11๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Awards
sure he's a good villain... but the fact that i thought Madara was always the best and also the final villain made me a littlebit sad to be honest... i wanted Madara to be the one... and i still believe he will... but sure... Obito is a good one... just not the best... it doesn't suit him IMO :(

Lrrrrr

Veteran
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
He's a poor villain in my opinion. As I've stated earlier he contradicts himself, which already hurts him, and the fact that he's a complete mary sue makes it even worse. (though the second reason can be opinion.)

Amazeballs

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
I honestly think his story, including the disappointing Rin element and the contrived Madara plot (relying on multiple children to run his plans and somehow revive him) could have worked if Kishi's writing were better. If Obito had dropped all of the heavy-handed philosophical trolling and instead maintained his composed/badass "Tobi" personality, people would be a lot more friendly towards his current identity as a villain.

I personally feel his backstory is fine... it just got rushed in the explanation, wasting chapters on stuff no one cared about and then rushing the stuff that would actually make people appreciate the entire backstory.

Skywardsword

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
The only reason I am okay with his motives, is because Naruto would do the same for Sakura.
Well...i have to disagree with you...Naruto said no to Sakura when she fake confessed to him. He wouldnt accept her unless she was really in love with him while Obito would accept being with Rin in a dream world, in a illusion.