Animegoin

Veteran
Kin
4,124💸
Kumi
2,010💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I personally think that the MS is more exciting due to how randomly OP the abilities can be. MS Sasuke was up against a completely lower tier of characters than SM Naruto was. Sage Naruto‘s first appearance was presented much more extravagantly, but that’s it.

Also **** Mitsuki at this point. The way the anime portrayed Mitsuki made it seem like Shinki is a Sage Mode tier character that could even take on Mitsuki. The ONLY saving grace for Mitsuki in my opinion is that he may have Otsutsuki DNA flowing through him so we’ll see.
Sarada is also a disappointment but I prefer to see her evolution.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sagebee

Michelle

Legendary
Kin
9,030💸
Kumi
3,787💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sage Mode is more exciting, being a power up from environmental source. It is like an endless source of power unlike the MS who depends of the user's limits. But especially because of this the MS users are so cool.

Animegoin

Veteran
Kin
4,124💸
Kumi
2,010💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sage Mode is more exciting, being a power up from environmental source. It is like an endless source of power unlike the MS who depends of the user's limits. But especially because of this the MS users are so cool.
Which is also why Naruto knew he needed Kurama to battle MS Sasuke. That endless power source is nothing without allies to reverse summon clones that've been gathering NE (although mid-battle summonings are common I guess). The draw back of you having to sit still to gather Nature energy is a great balance and the frog kata pales in comparison to Susano’o.

Kin
926💸
Kumi
654💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Animegoin pretty much summed it up. MS has a certain randomness to it that makes it so epic/dangerous. You could get anything ranging from something relatively lame like Shin's weapons telekinesis to something epic like kamui. With the right MS techniques you could honestly fight rikudou level characters.

As far as sage mode is concerned, it is cool but the mode alone doesn't really grant you that much. You need to already have techniques of your own in order to get much benefit from it. If you were a bum who didn't know any jutsus, but you somehow managed to go into sage mode, then you still wouldn't have any jutsus even in sage mode (since SM mainly just augments what you already have).

In short, the power granted to a sage is dependent upon their arsenal in base.
The power granted to an MS user is random, and it is guaranteed to give you powerful techniques even if you were a bum with no jutsus prior to awakening MS.

Now about epicness, I will say this:

SM Naruto had a lot more epic of an entrance than MS Sasuke due to the dire circumstances that were taking place (Pain's attack), and also due to the epic new cloak that he donned.

Yahcob13

Veteran
Kin
4,302💸
Kumi
2,619💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
MS vs Sage Mode? Here we go again... I think they're both kinda played out. Sasuke, Itachi, Modera, Obito, Kakashi blah blah ... We've seen that. Its cool but I want some diversity with the power ups. Here's what ive been thinking. We all know Boruto is the young god a gift to the shinobi, world heir to greatness and it appears that the karma seal is key to his development. Well I have been thinking that it is such a coincidence that he got the karma seal from a byakugan user and himself being a Hyuga heir to greatness. My opinion right now is that he will eventually acquire both karma seals and if this were to occur what kind of abilities would he obtain? Would his body become like Kawaki's? Would he transform into something completely different like Obito did? My suspicion is that they both originated from the same source. Perhaps a chakra tree? We know that Momoshiki ate a chakra fruit before visiting earth so maybe the karma seal contains the power of the rinnesharingan? Its at least a possibility right now. Another thing of note is that his dojutsu is linked to the tailed beasts like the sharingan. So im sayin what if he gains both karma seals and gets a sharingan? In his palms of course (for the swag) three tomoe. That would be cooler than a regular MS.

Sage Mode got the same issue its so shippuden. If Boruto learns it I want him to be able to combine it with lightning form. If his name is Bolt and he uses lightning sage then its cool because it combines Naruto and Minato's legacy into one. Flying Raijin+Sage.
But it would still be more interesting if Sarada learned senjutsu. An Uchiha sage was Modera's wet dream. He went so far as to have Hashi's face on his chest just to be able to use sage chakra. Sasuke was a step up with the curse mark. I'm hoping Sarada becomes what they were never able to achieve even to the point of surpassing six paths sage mode.

In the end they are the same skills just new twists im not sure if I can choose either way. If I absolutely had to pick I'd say MS is more interesting because sage only buffs already learned skills while MS adds to your skill set.

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
MS is by far better, but I think the difference is preference of application. MS = straight up solo stare which is less entertaining, while SM enhances a user physically allowing them to be engage physically or use ninjutsu combos etc.

I'm not thrilled to see either, they're going to be standing on the sidelines cheerleading.