[Discussion] Do you think Luffy will ever lose?

Donald J Trump

Elite
Kin
912๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
9๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Do you guys think that Luffy will ever lose a fight post timeskip? I mean, if he was to lose, that would probably set up another timeskip training arc, which I don't believe Oda wants to do.

If you remember a statement from whole back, it was estimated that One piece was 65/70% completed, I don't believe that this leaves enough time for another timeskip when you consider the things that have to happen. There is still so much we have to cover. So many fights to see and backstories.

I think personally that from this point on Luffy has plot armor and will never lose.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
129๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Do you guys think that Luffy will ever lose a fight post timeskip? I mean, if he was to lose, that would probably set up another timeskip training arc, which I don't believe Oda wants to do.

If you remember a statement from whole back, it was estimated that One piece was 65/70% completed, I don't believe that this leaves enough time for another timeskip when you consider the things that have to happen. There is still so much we have to cover. So many fights to see and backstories.

I think personally that from this point on Luffy has plot armor and will never lose.
Post skip probably not or it would kind of take away fro when Oda had his MC sate that he won't lose again but that doesn't mean it won't happen. If/when he loses it'll be like the Croc loss where he loses a battle but wins the war.

Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
He did against Big mam by fleeing. After he defeated Dogtooth he promised to comeback to defeat Linlin so he already excepted his lost to the Yonkou.
Luffy will lose again against Kaido too I'm sure

This is true but I rather think he will beat Kaido, but it wont be for A LONG while and he will NOT fight alone. he will likely be fighting with Law, and i think another unseen captain or a supernova that they ally with and help to bring him down

ArabianLuffy

Elite
Kin
152๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
2,500๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Awards

That might be so. But does it have to be time-skip? Is time-skip the solution to everything? Between arcs, Luffy does training. These small training are just bits of time-skip like days to a week or two. There is a year ahead of us where all StrawHats will be off-panel. Something interesting on their side might happen after "The Reverie"

Rikudou Tobi

Legendary
Kin
543๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
618๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
This is true but I rather think he will beat Kaido, but it wont be for A LONG while and he will NOT fight alone. he will likely be fighting with Law, and i think another unseen captain or a supernova that they ally with and help to bring him down
Hopefully kidd would aid in that fight. A little sabody arc team work for nostalgic reasons if it ever came to that.

Rikudou Tobi

Legendary
Kin
543๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
618๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Yeah i always though that Luffy-Law-Kid team up was a foreshadow for a future battle. If that's the case, then we'll more than likely see that happen at Wano.
Yes that exactly. I want that to happen but first luffy needs to train under some ninja to increase his haki level or find some type of enlightenment to awaken his devil fruit while Zoro and Law train with some OG samurai.

That would be ideal for me.

Easyfathom

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
if you are speaking combat wise. He already lost to dogtooth.
and technically he lost to bm army when he got caught

if you are speaking like in the grand scheme of it actually effecting the major story.. Nah
like with dogtooth hes likely gonna learn through combat from here on out
Pretty much this... Now that we've seen him attain Katakuri's level of observation (not at the same level of course), we should see him get the same reputation he had, "the undefeated, never laid on his back.." and all that jazz. He should only really lose due to goofyness, battles like this where he eventually comes out on top having learned something new OR a yonkou stomps him hard.