Do you think Kakashi was mentally/socially/psychologically capable of being in......

sharingansennin

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Do you think Kakashi was Mentally/Socially/Psychologically capable of being in Naruto's Life during his Anbu days? Im considering Kakashi after a couple of years after Rin's Death/Minato's Death.
You must be registered for see images

Genrou

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I think no.

He still has yet to deal with some of his own issues (the death of Obito, Rin, and sensei) and trying to balance his duties as an ANBU. Making him babysit through an orphan when he himself is developmentally, emotionally and psychologically not ready to deal with it will not do well to his psyche, as well as Naruto's needs.

Granted that it would have been nice to see him show a semblance of care for Naruto while he was growing up, but I think it was best to leave him to deal with his issues rather than be a full-time caretaker for Naruto.

Reactions: Magatsu Izanagi

sharingansennin

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think no.

He still has yet to deal with some of his own issues (the death of Obito, Rin, and sensei) and trying to balance his duties as an ANBU. Making him babysit through an orphan when he himself is developmentally, emotionally and psychologically not ready to deal with it will not do well to his psyche, as well as Naruto's needs.

Granted that it would have been nice to see him show a semblance of care for Naruto while he was growing up, but I think it was best to leave him to deal with his issues rather than be a full-time caretaker for Naruto.
i wasn't meaning him be Naruto's guardian rather him just hang out with/spend time with Naruto, also did Naruto even know his Dad was Kakashi's Sensei?

Magatsu Izanagi

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I agree with Genrou.

Taking the ANBU filler arc into account, Kakashi definitely wouldn't have had the same kind of leadership role and impact on Naruto that he had if he hadn't sorted out his own issues first.

Reactions: Genrou

Genrou

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
i wasn't meaning him be Naruto's guardian rather him just hang out with/spend time with Naruto, also did Naruto even know his Dad was Kakashi's Sensei?
I think he only knew about it when he met his dad, when Pein attacked Konoha and Minato appeared to him.

And Hiruzen made it a point not to reveal the identity of Naruto's parents to him, even making the day the Nine Tails attacked Konoha a taboo. It was to protect Naruto, and Kakashi, being the detached psychologically incapacitated teenager that he is, suddenly hangs out with a kid with blond hair and blue eyes and uses his mother's maiden name? People are going to put two and two together, and Hiruzen's intent on protecting Naruto would then be compromised.

Just my take on the subject matter, though I might be reading too much into it.