Do you think heavy themes in kids movies is bad?

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Like all the classic disney movies like Pocahontas and Hercules and Lilo and Stich and all of them deal with pretty complex stuff, and as a kid it goes over your head but I wonder if it's supposed to teach kids certain values and if so is that a bad thing?

I'm serious, like I don't feel like I have learned important life lessons from watching those movies, they are just beatiful movies and I appreciate them more as an adult.

I feel like having complex themes that alot of adults disagree with washed over for kids is maybe not that great, maybe it's better to do some serious escapism like Star Wars or Lord of the Rings or something, cus then they get to have fun and all of that but they are not thrown into complex situation that they don't know how to handle.

UCHIHAKUNOICHI

Veteran
Kin
324💸
Kumi
201💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No. It's not bad in any way. It prepares kids for the real life. But it seems our generation has been prepared more for that things than our little brother's or sisters'. I have no idea why. Someone explain for me please if you get it.

Our generation likes for gruesome things, maybe because it matches the world we grew. Cute animes, movies aren't appealing anymore (the ones of 2016 from now on).

An example: Dororo was released this year,and I could only see people from our age, generation. It's interesting because Dororo was meant for little kids in 1969. It's a harsh anime portraing war. And parents of this generation just hate these kind of things. And I don't know why. lol

Reactions: Chikombo