Do you think evil can ever be destroyed?

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Okay, let's hear them
1. Do you think some people are destined to die early or live unhappy lives?

2. Do you think people can fail despite having the potential to do amazing things in life? For example what if Steven Spielberg could have failed despite also having been capable of doing Schindlers list?
Muprhs law says anything that can happen will happen, but is it possible then that Spielberg could have been killed or something before he had a chance to express his talent?

3. Should people have the right to track down people with corona virus, and using an app to prove they are immune or not infected?
Cus I can see the benefits but also it's a bit scary.

4. Do small things lead to bigger thins? Like for example if you skip school when you are young does that mean you are more likely to do drugs and commit crimes when you are older?

5. Are there secret nazis out there who just act normal but have terrible thoughts in their heads but they can't be proven to be evil cus they don't identify as nazis in public?

6. Can insane people be right from another point of view?

7. Is the meaning of life just to be cool, like for example, if someone doesn't have social standards they are seen as garbage and people wont listen to them despite them being in theory correct or other people being more extreme?

8.Is power more important than morality?

9. Should I try to find neuter nouns before Minamoto fails his exams?

10. Can people truly be kind and help others or is life rigged in a way you can't actually help and be kind even if you want too?

frog_baxter

Kin
25💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

2. Do you think people can fail despite having the potential to do amazing things in life? For example what if Steven Spielberg could have failed despite also having been capable of doing Schindlers list?
Muprhs law says anything that can happen will happen, but is it possible then that Spielberg could have been killed or something before he had a chance to express his talent?

3. Should people have the right to track down people with corona virus, and using an app to prove they are immune or not infected?

4. Do small things lead to bigger thins? Like for example if you skip school when you are young does that mean you are more likely to do drugs and commit crimes when you are older?

5. Are there secret nazis out there who just act normal but have terrible thoughts in their heads but they can't be proven to be evil cus they don't identify as nazis in public?

7. Is the meaning of life just to be cool, like for example, if someone doesn't have social standards they are seen as garbage and people wont listen to them despite them being in theory correct or other people being more extreme?

10. Can people truly be kind and help others or is life rigged in a way you can't actually help and be kind even if you want too?
1. Some people are predisposed. Just makes it harder for some than others. Except in rare cases.

2. Spielberg was not talented in a creative sense. He was talented in the sense that he knew how to make people "feel" something.

3. No

4. It depends. But things in life do affect other things later in life, even some insignificant things. I've found a bunch of insignificant things add up over time and become a larger, more significant things. Ignoring the example you gave, yes things you do when you are a teenager will affect you in your 20s, 30s, and probably longer. And as much as I'd hate to say it, even the things you DON'T do will affect you greatly.

5. Depends what you mean by nazi

6. Anyone can be right from "another point of view." The real question is whether morality is subjective or objective.

7. The meaning of life IS to be cool. What I mean by that is that you should feel cool by your own standards, not others. To not look for others for validation of your coolness. This involves honing essences of yourself you value (skills are the most important). Now, in the professional world, it is important to be well-liked (and even sometimes in non-professional), which is a hard lesson to learn if you're predisposed to being socially awkward or "think differently" than the crowd. By social standards, all one really has to do is hone social skills. One doesn't have to throw away who they are, they just need to be able to navigate social situations well enough. Just dont do it at the sake of finding external validation and you'll be fine.

8. The two aren't really on the same spectrum. I would say that influence is more important than power, and morality is just important by itself.

9. Idk what this means

10. The most important thing is to be able to help yourself. Other people cant really "help" you. Just push you in the right direction or not. You can help other people insofar as you aren't helping to get a sense of validation.

Reactions: Chikombo

Premfection

Veteran
Kin
1,575💸
Kumi
8,090💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

1. I think we all have a shot at making our own lives better even if we come from shitty backgrounds or beginnings. It all depends on the choices and friends we make.
2. Yes I unfortunately feel that not everyone will accomplish their own set goal in their own lifetime. I dont think that life is necessarily a waste though.
3. Maybe
4. I believe one thing you do whether good, bad or neutral affects the flow of the entire universe. You sneezing could cause a car crash for example. Yea its probable that skipping school will have some bad effects on you, but I've also met some people who have skipped school to work on their dreams like a poet I met in middle school.
5. Yea
6. Yes
7. You have to somehow feel good enough for yourself
8. No
9. Yes
10. Much like myself who basically wants to help everyone and be kind all the time, I realize that way of thinking is quick to get you fucked over by some people. Dont be stupid and or incredibly over trusting of people, but also try to see some good in others before they show you that they cant be trusted, usually they're pretty quick to show you anyway. That's when you stop being so kind.
Be nice only to those who deserve your kindness

Reactions: Chikombo

frog_baxter

Kin
25💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
1. I think we all have a shot at making our own lives better even if we come from shitty backgrounds or beginnings. It all depends on the choices and friends we make.
2. Yes I unfortunately feel that not everyone will accomplish their own set goal in their own lifetime. I dont think that life is necessarily a waste though.
3. Maybe
4. I believe one thing you do whether good, bad or neutral affects the flow of the entire universe. You sneezing could cause a car crash for example. Yea its probable that skipping school will have some bad effects on you, but I've also met some people who have skipped school to work on their dreams like a poet I met in middle school.
5. Yea
6. Yes
7. You have to somehow feel good enough for yourself
8. No
9. Yes
10. Much like myself who basically wants to help everyone and be kind all the time, I realize that way of thinking is quick to get you fucked over by some people. Dont be stupid and or incredibly over trusting of people, but also try to see some good in others before they show you that they cant be trusted, usually they're pretty quick to show you anyway. That's when you stop being so kind.
Be nice only to those who deserve your kindness
One thing I'd like to say about your second point is that setting big grand goals will ultimately lead to failure because they are impossible to achieve. I'd even go as far to day that no one can accomplish their "goal" if they just have one grand one.
I think if you have a vision for what you want to be you can just keep growing in the direction of that vision and you will both never be satisfied and always be satisfied. If you set goals along the way you will always be accomplishing them but there is never a "terminal goal." Once you accomplish one, there is always a bigger one once you realize how much more there is left in your vision for yourself.
To get into anime territory, this topic of goals always reminds of hunter x hunter when gon and ging are having their first real conversation about why ging wanted to be a hunter and is that there is always something greater out there in life, new things to experience, etc. (Which is probably why he couldn't be a father - in his eyes, that would be flattening out what life had to offer - what he truly wanted wouldn't be found in remaining stagnant raising a child).
In the lore of hunter x hunter it seems as though most hunters are those who are never truly satisfied with anything and need to keep growing stronger (sure they are strong physically, but typically have a few strengths in other areas) in their vision of who they are.

By keeping the idea of a terminal goal or something specific you have to do, you either never reach that goal, or you DO reach it and then you never grow beyond that. You remain stagnant.

Reactions: Premfection

Premfection

Veteran
Kin
1,575💸
Kumi
8,090💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
One thing I'd like to say about your second point is that setting big grand goals will ultimately lead to failure because they are impossible to achieve. I'd even go as far to day that no one can accomplish their "goal" if they just have one grand one.
I think if you have a vision for what you want to be you can just keep growing in the direction of that vision and you will both never be satisfied and always be satisfied. If you set goals along the way you will always be accomplishing them but there is never a "terminal goal." Once you accomplish one, there is always a bigger one once you realize how much more there is left in your vision for yourself.
To get into anime territory, this topic of goals always reminds of hunter x hunter when gon and ging are having their first real conversation about why ging wanted to be a hunter and is that there is always something greater out there in life, new things to experience, etc. (Which is probably why he couldn't be a father - in his eyes, that would be flattening out what life had to offer - what he truly wanted wouldn't be found in remaining stagnant raising a child).
In the lore of hunter x hunter it seems as though most hunters are those who are never truly satisfied with anything and need to keep growing stronger (sure they are strong physically, but typically have a few strengths in other areas) in their vision of who they are.

By keeping the idea of a terminal goal or something specific you have to do, you either never reach that goal, or you DO reach it and then you never grow beyond that. You remain stagnant.
Yes
Also, not reaching your goal in your own lifetime does not mean that you did not make a significant impact on the world around you. Let's say you aspire to change the world with your art, but you died before you could make anything. But you were the instructor for a group of children that would be inspired by you and went on to learn more, and would go on to make their own art, or teach other children what you taught them. Your legacy never truly dies if you think of it that way.

frog_baxter

Kin
25💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes
Also, not reaching your goal in your own lifetime does not mean that you did not make a significant impact on the world around you. Let's say you aspire to change the world with your art, but you died before you could make anything. But you were the instructor for a group of children that would be inspired by you and went on to learn more, and would go on to make their own art, or teach other children what you taught them. Your legacy never truly dies if you think of it that way.
Yeah I agree. If I'm understanding your point, i think from a personal angle, your goals should always be something very tangible and in the near future that enhance your vision. Not something like "I want to paint a great masterpiece," when you haven't produced anything yet would lead to failure and maybe burnout. An example of a vision would be "I'm going to pour myself into really enhancing my skills as an artist." The goals of the artist should be smaller given his or her relative position within their vision. In keeping with the vision, his or her day to day goals can be centered around educating the children and then they would still be satisfying their vision.

Theres a book by Scott adams called "How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big" that focuses on creating systems rather than goals for success. I guess when I think of it I call them visions, whereas he would call them systems. It's a good read if you're trying to stop feeling shit about not reaching goals lol :p

Reactions: Premfection

Uverdore9

Elite
Kin
799💸
Kumi
397💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well isn't that an interesting quest.

Evil in itself can't be destroyed as it seems it's intangible in many ways & I don't think it interacts w/ matter physically but on the basis of perception.

Has a lot to do w/ it's tide, philosophically speaking.

Although I suggest the deprivation of material that causes the sporadication of it, and certain anti-methods like watching TV less deducts on the aggressiveness displayed in the extant society for example.