Do you think Atheists would change their minds if God was evident?

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Like if Muhammed or Jesus or the Messiah returned or something.

Would atheists go, "oh look there he is, I was wrong..."
And if so would that mean they are hypocritical?

I don't know if I would change my mind tbh, meaning I would be seen as an ignorant believer in a way cus I have an opinion despite facts showing me otherwise.

Which would be ironic.

Avaitto

#mangafacts
Veteran
Kin
32💸
Kumi
854💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Try to apply what you said with any random fictional character people believe they exist like Santa or Tobidara and see if your answer is different.

Personally I don't believe Godzilla will suddenly appear and destroy the world so I can say yes, if there were proven evidence of Muhammad flying a donkey I would know it exists or realize I'm just insane.

Reactions: YowYan and Chikombo

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Try to apply what you said with any random fictional character people believe they exist like Santa or Tobidara and see if your answer is different.

Personally I don't believe Godzilla will suddenly appear and destroy the world so I can say yes, if there were proven evidence of Muhammad flying a donkey I would know it exists or realize I'm just insane.
I think if God himself came down, I would be like, is there an option to NOT care?

Reactions: Urda and Avaitto

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
A categorical designation is not a group

Even so, a group consisting of different people with different reasons and motives and personalities SHOULD NOT be treated as a singular entity.

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

welcome to my ignoelist fodder..

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,027💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I don't know if I would change my mind tbh, meaning I would be seen as an ignorant believer in a way cus I have an opinion despite facts showing me otherwise.

Which would be ironic.

If I get physical objective evidence verified by scientists that Jesus and Allah exist then I will change my stance and not be an atheist anymore.

This is not hypocrisy, it is been open minded and changing your views when you have good reasoning.

Changing a stance on the fly without putting any thought into it makes a person a hypocrite. If a person changes a stance after deep thinking and considering the relevant phenomena, it is not hypocrisy, it is maturity.

On the matter of acceptance, I will reject Allah and Jesus because I am not going to follow their barbaric way of life.

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I dunno, if many believed in them when they were there while others didn't then I would say no. There may be some who believe, but others would still reject out of stubbornness or for whatever reason.
Post automatically merged:

Morphorous

Kin
809💸
Kumi
21💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Which would be ironic.
That's a pretty senseless question I believe. There wouldn't be a word called Atheists if God has been evident all along.

Reactions: YowYan and Rohan