Do you own anything of sentimental/symbolic value?

Premfection

Veteran
Kin
1,575💸
Kumi
8,090💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I just got my class ring that I got to celebrate me almost graduating from college. Its holding a lot of meaning to me because of all the shit I went through in college, including stuff not even having to do with college that include: family struggles, first job, first heartbreak, first best friend... and just so much development from who I used to be back in highschool, considering I was way different then.
Post automatically merged:

on the ring I included an engraving of a pheonix, because I felt that there were many times I came close to quitting but have rose through the dead/hard times

Reactions: GrapeApe

Оdin

Elite
Kin
614💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Never understood how inanimate objects hold sentimental value for others. I have a gold ring from a deceased relative and all I see when I look at it is a hunk of metal. The only “sentiment” I get is when I sit there and think about the person. But I guess that’s just me.

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
congrats on finishing college tho

i guess my house would probably be that. the steps it took for me to get a point where i could buy this, its been one hell of a journey thats for sure. its also the most money ive spent on anything at $900k. just reminds me of how far ive come every time i walk inside after being away. plus its my home, mine. like i own this bitch, its just a really good reminder that if you put your mind to something you can eventually accomplish it, i always wanted a house

Reactions: Premfection

Оdin

Elite
Kin
614💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
congrats on finishing college tho

i guess my house would probably be that. the steps it took for me to get a point where i could buy this, its been one hell of a journey thats for sure. its also the most money ive spent on anything at $900k. just reminds me of how far ive come every time i walk inside after being away. plus its my home, mine. like i own this bitch, its just a really good reminder that if you put your mind to something you can eventually accomplish it, i always wanted a house
You're just a co-signer to the real owners of your house...the bank and government, the latter being the permanent owner.

• Haha
Reactions: GrapeApe

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
All you have to do is not pay the mortgage and/or property taxes. 🤷
true, i forgot about property taxes. $4k a year isnt really a worry though

still means a lot to me though regardless and i saved enough to pay for it in full. no one in my family has been able to do that, im not even thirty yet all my neighbors are like in their late 40s or higher. all because i stuck to what i believed in and it paid off in a lot of ways, the house being the biggest and most meaningful to me personally

Reactions: Оdin