Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
No but I have fear in God sometimes, if I'm not thankful enough or if I'm anxious I might think God if he exists will punish me somehow, If I survive uni then maybe I will believe in destiny cus I don't see myself as that smart.

I did believe in God when I grew up and moving away from that was a strange time.

I would say the biggest argument to not believe in God is the selfish argument, that there can be so much pain the world, and that makes believing in God futile, what if someone who is faithful gets cancer and people who spit on religion wins the lottery?
It could happen and that doesn't make sense to me.

I mean you could say it's a consequense of free will which according to the bible, people have but whatever.

Last edited:
Reactions: minamoto

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No but I have fear in God sometimes, if I'm not thankful enough or if I'm anxious I might think God if he exists will punish me somehow, If I survive uni then maybe I will believe in destiny cus I don't see myself as that smart.

I did believe in God when I grew up and moving away from that was a strange time.

I would say the biggest argument to not believe in God is the selfish argument, that there can be so much pain the world, and that makes believing in God futile, what if someone who is faithful gets cancer and people who spit on religion wins the lottery?
It could happen and that doesn't make sense to me.
but tis universe amazing creation can't creat itself randomly????!!?? but at a same time u r right???!!! omg !!!

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
but tis universe amazing creation can't creat itself randomly????!!?? but at a same time u r right???!!! omg !!!
I don't have an answer to how the Universe can exist without God but it's not enough to motivate me to believe in God. I'm not against people believing in God. I like people having different opinions, I don't need everyone to have mine.

I think religion can have lots to do with morality too, I think values and moralities we have today we should thank religion for. At least to some extent.

I don't think the reason people believe in God is cus of the existance question, I think atheists attack religion so much people are desperate for some evidence, but I don't think that's why people join, it may be why the continue to stay but I don't think people are drawn to it cus of it.

Maybe to some extent, I think some of it is cus of the big questions.

Last edited:

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't have an answer to how the Universe can exist without God but it's not enough to motivate me to believe in God. I'm not against people believing in God. I like people having different opinions, I don't need everyone to have mine.

I think religion can have lots to do with morality too, I think values and moralities we have today we should thank religion for. At least to some extent.
so i understand u r atheist who wishes that god existed..

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
nope. if we could experience life after death then that'd mean we'd still have our senses of sight, touch, and hearing despite having no body. the idea invalidates basic science.

Michelle

Legendary
Kin
9,012💸
Kumi
3,787💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I am a believer.
Not a religious person, because i see religion as a restraint of what to think. Books are written by humans and i think they are guides made in an era of darkness for not educated people.
Nowadays the level of education made us free thinkers and we are free to believe or not.
I choose to believe. Between the things i believe, there is a not random creation of life and a support we receive during our lifetime. I praise life as a gift and i enjoy it.

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes, I believe in God it's impossible for me not too. In quick form, as I don't have time to write out paragraphs or essays.

Matter itself is finite(contingent/dependent), and everything that is finite has an origin so where does it come from? If we look at everything that we see it all has source material, it doesn't just come into existence from nothingness. It also has a limited lifespan, whether it be humans, animals, life, the Sun, the universe so it couldn't have come from itself. Therefore, there has to be something that isn't finite(contingent) that brings all the finite into existence. The reason it has to be seperate is because only originated things have origin and limits due to their finite nature. So God has to be outside the confines of time and space or an independent existence, which is why we can't measure him we can only know of him. Aristotle referred to the originator/God as the unmoved mover.

The question then is, does the originator leave you without purpose, as in just another pointless existence? Does the originator, an intelligent being who makes the universe in such a balance, ensures the 3rd rock from the sun can sustain life etc make it all without purpose? It makes no sense since we by our nature humans and animals do whatever is necessary to survive, and it defies the purpose of existing. The question then arises, what does the originator want from us? Religion offers that answer in short and it's to know him. How do we know him(God doesn't have gender it's just how language refers to God)? Wouldn't the maker make you aware of his existence? The answer again is yes, otherwise it implies an intelligent being which created you with purpose does things without thought in mind. That would be irrational and not befitting and intelligent being. Then how would he make you aware of his existence? He would've sent some sort of sign to guide you, who brought with them proofs for the sceptics. If a skeptic was to challenge these prophets they would have to demonstarte a proof(miracles) for their claim otherwise why should the be believed? So yes, I also believe in scripture(the holy books), the bearers of scripture(the prophets) etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: sunclan

Koko

Kin
1,750💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well,I believe because sometimes I see with my own eyes that God help me in tight moments
I believe in Quran and I think Heaven and Hell actually exist
So I want to be a good girl for heavens sake but damn it why it's so hard!!!!

Reactions: salamander uchiha

Koko

Kin
1,750💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well,your right
we can't expect every people believe in the same God exactly as ourselves
But you now,I think even we have different methods for praying our God at least we have one same thought in our mind that there is someone who can help us at anytime and that someone is no other than God.