Lariatoo

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
When in those forums, I've got the inpression that people seem to talk a lot more about characters that they dislike instead of the characters that they do enjoy and while we got some constructive apreciation threads here and there, most of them are littered with bashing and insults against fictional characters, and certain "hatebases" are waay bigger than their fanbases..
Só here is the question: do you rather bash or praise? Rejoice or "troll"?
What is stronger: love, or hate?

Reactions: Agent Phrank

SW442

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I prefer, with anything, to talk about my favorite characters. I prefer the love approach. Kakashi has been the most popular of characters I liked. But characters that tend to be my favorites are never too popular. They'll be hated on a good bit, if not people being indifferent to them.

I like KinGin, but they are some of the most hated characters in this manga. Karin has more fans. Aside from hate, many others are indifferent. But I meet very few "fans."

Out of series examples
I like Cross Marian in DGM. But not only is the manga off the radar with the hiatus, Cross-while being #10 in character polls years ago, many just see him as a slimy bastard. Or people who like him because he is a slimy bastard, which I disagree. A very depthful character, but people don't pay that much attention to him.

I like Ginjou of Bleach. But most hated the arc he was in, and cared not for his character. not many fans there either.

So, my discussions usually tend to be defending the characters from the bashing-rather than chatting with fans who equally love them, which is what I would prefer.

On another site, they have "Anti" character threads, dedicated to hating characters. I rarely go to those. Just the fanclubs.

Last edited:

Lariatoo

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I prefer, with anything, to talk about my favorite characters. I prefer the love approach. Kakashi has been the most popular of characters I liked. But characters that tend to be my favorites are never too popular. They'll be hated on a good bit, if not people being indifferent to them.

I like KinGin, but they are some of the most hated characters in this manga. Karin has more fans. Aside from hate, many others are indifferent. But I meet very few "fans."

Out of series examples
I like Cross Marian in DGM. But not only is the manga off the radar with the hiatus, Cross-while being #10 in character polls years ago, many just see him as a slimy bastard. Or people who like him because he is a slimy bastard, which I disagree. A very depthful character, but people don't pay that much attention to him.

I like Ginjou of Bleach. But most hated the arc he was in, and cared not for his character. not many fans there either.

So, my discussions usually tend to be defending the characters from the bashing-rather than chatting with fans who equally love them.
Another KinGin Bros fan? My eyes must deceive me! I tought I was the only one...

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

ethris

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
When in those forums, I've got the inpression that people seem to talk a lot more about characters that they dislike instead of the characters that they do enjoy and while we got some constructive apreciation threads here and there, most of them are littered with bashing and insults against fictional characters, and certain "hatebases" are waay bigger than their fanbases..
Só here is the question: do you rather bash or praise? Rejoice or "troll"?
What is stronger: love, or hate?
hmm. i forget where i heard it but people arent looking for the answer to life, they are a life experience, loving, hating, they both are life experiences

what im saying is i think most people dont put thought into which life experience they want, they only strive for one, so depending on their awareness and circumstances, whether they experience love or hate isnt always conscious choice, they are just striving for an experience regardless.

aka i dont think people are debating with them selves whether to bash or praise, they are just doing what the circumstances call for in there own perspective.

that is unless they are aware of the difference between them selves and their ego.

Lariatoo

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Did not expected this range of post disserting about the human psyche and nature...
Dare I say: I'm impressed. :lol
Good to know that there are people that still put faith in love, tho...