Do Tailed Beasts get stronger over time?

Yin

Veteran
Kin
1,993💸
Kumi
1,113💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
As far as I know they’re pure chakra divided into segments of what the god tree had to offer. They’re eternal and their actual power is just divided. I think an external source would have to drain them of their chakra for them to die as they, themselves, do not age as chakra, itself, does not age. They probably would have died a long time ago if they died of age as they have been used and abused for literal centuries.

Reactions: Infant

Uverdore9

Elite
Kin
812💸
Kumi
403💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
.. The Viz references the Nine Tailed Demon Spirit Fox as a "spirit" — which implies that the other Tailed Beasts', are also tangentially likely "spirits" ...

Therein, a specific retroactive question arises ... Why were the Tailed Beasts' referenced as literal life splits composed of chakra? I think that the answer to that question is the likely fact that the author is playing a specific trick on words .. ie., the term "chakra" can interchangeably be slipped for a "spirit".

Pertaining the topic of this thread, I don't think that the Tailed Beasts' age. Spiritual beings often lack a natural aging process in many fictional works, and this is exemplified by the fact that the Tailed Beasts' existed during Hagoromo Ōtsōtsūki's advanced years, which is likely several 1,000s of years ago, and it seems that they did exude some signs of natural growth (as The Nine Tails was visibly a baby during the waning years of Hagoromo Ōtsōtsūki) — however, if we approximate by the timeline — the 9 Tailed Beasts' should've significantly exceeded thier youthful years, and spear-headed into the glass of old age — but .. it feels like the natural limits of old age, didn't implicitly affect them.

Supplementally, I don't think that they can "train" to enhance thier spiritual, and physical abilities .. as .. if such a method truly existed, than the Jinchūurikis' would've likely tried it at some point in the series so .. unless .. the author applies a new formula to the mix, that enables them to enhance thier spiritual, and physical abilities in Bōruto .. I don't see that happening.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yin and Infant

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If not, how can the nine-tailed be relevant in combat against the likes of Hashirama as well as the aliens?

The strength difference between the two is too much. If NT struggles with Hashirama, the he should be useless against the aliens and vice versa.

Perhaps there are other factors at play?

irishboy9780

Regular
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hashirama used Wood release which can supress or manip chakra, NT is weaker w/o a host. thats why hashi can beat him while NT still being Otsutsuki levels.

Anyways, we know the grow and age, i don't think they can train and grow stronger, except in the case of learning how to use their powers better.

Yin

Veteran
Kin
1,993💸
Kumi
1,113💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If not, how can the nine-tailed be relevant in combat against the likes of Hashirama as well as the aliens?

The strength difference between the two is too much. If NT struggles with Hashirama, the he should be useless against the aliens and vice versa.

Perhaps there are other factors at play?
Kurama itself doesn’t necessarily struggle. The jinchuriki usually is the one struggling with Kurama fueling him per the needs of the situation. I think most of these things in question are situational. If whatever the tailed beast is up against has great chakra suppression techniques or chakra sapping technique, the tailed beast would surely be useless as it is chakra in its entirety or purest form, perhaps. Outside of that scope perhaps some elements or certain ninjutsu MAY be powerful against things the tailed beasts can form such as TBBs and the likes. Again, I think it’s more situational than anything.