[Suggestion] Do something about the forum

Lady Coffee

Kin
716💸
Kumi
54💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I am alarmed on declining activity around here , admins should promote forum events and manga discussion awarness on your discord basically i dont see anything about forum event announcement happening on discord and it looks biased.

I am basically more into forum than discord will you people do something to promote the community here please :(

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,027💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You are correct, there seems to be a divide between the forums and the discord. For example, there was no announcements for the discord giveaways on the forums until I mentioned it. The forum contests which could get a lot of entries are not been advertised in the discord. Then there are the forum games which are not getting recognition on the discord and are getting players from other forums rather than the discord which is sad really.

I also don't see an improvement in activity, it has remained the same since the NB era. Many of the Discord users only come here to get Premium or spam the welcome section with worthless welcome threads just to get the helper position. There are very few discord users who have actually stayed on the forum.

The way I see it, the forum has not been given much emphasis when it was already in a very bad state when the merger happened. Logic would say that all the focus should go on the forums to improve it's activity to a decent level. However this has yet to happen.
Post automatically merged:

I applaud Caliburn and Avani's efforts in always making chapter discussion threads. But their efforts are been wasted because only 2 to 3 normal users reply. If those threads are posted in the discord as announcements like Coffee said, the activity in the MAC base section will rise immensely.

The AB discord has 40K active users, even if 1K of them come here and post consistently it will be a massive improvement. This can be easily done if there are consistent forum announcements.

Last edited:

Lady Coffee

Kin
716💸
Kumi
54💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think there is imbalance between forum and discord for example animebase discord has anime and manga channels it defeats whole point on having forum where you could discuss about anime there already.

Also i dont see not many forum promotion events . I already see forum moderator promoting discord events here it kind of encourage people heading to discord rather than being here . I hope i dont offend people here but these are outline issues if you plan to have forum activity alive.

I do hope moderators and admin take serious note on what we are saying because situation in forum right is now in danger levels. Its upto them in the end latest one piece and boruto chapter have very few reactions here. I hope admin is looking into this facts.

Reactions: Rohan and Waindo

Waindo

Legendary
Kin
869💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Before anything else I would advise the staff to change the default colour scheme. The current default one is too bright and tiring to look at. The main white colour should be changed to a colour that's more comfortable to look at.

Zise

Veteran
Kin
515💸
Kumi
9,619💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
We know there is still a gap between the discord and the forum and we are still working on bringing them more and more together. The next step to accomplish this is a front page where news for all our platforms will be collected. With that said we cannot force users to come from discord to the forum just as we can't force forum users to come to discord more than encourage the idea.

We do however see more and more old people coming back and new people registering and more new accounts making posts aside from the discord users that come to purchase premium. This all happens while the overall activity stays about the same. For me this indicates that we are lacking features on the forum that give a sense of progression and will to participate, people try it out but not much more than that. We have some plans when it comes to solving this. We do also appreciate suggestions of what you guys are missing on the forum so that we can include those things into our current plans.

Before anything else I would advise the staff to change the default colour scheme. The current default one is too bright and tiring to look at. The main white colour should be changed to a colour that's more comfortable to look at.
You can change to the dark theme if you find the page too bright.

Waindo

Legendary
Kin
869💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
We know there is still a gap between the discord and the forum and we are still working on bringing them more and more together. The next step to accomplish this is a front page where news for all our platforms will be collected. With that said we cannot force users to come from discord to the forum just as we can't force forum users to come to discord more than encourage the idea.

We do however see more and more old people coming back and new people registering and more new accounts making posts aside from the discord users that come to purchase premium. This all happens while the overall activity stays about the same. For me this indicates that we are lacking features on the forum that give a sense of progression and will to participate, people try it out but not much more than that. We have some plans when it comes to solving this. We do also appreciate suggestions of what you guys are missing on the forum so that we can include those things into our current plans.

I know I can, I was suggesting the default theme tweak.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Also, forum seems to be (I mean it always was, honestly) too RP-centric. 90 percent of the activity here goes on RPG, the rest of the forum is just slowly withering away.
Noticed the same thing a little while back. It's fine if that's what you want to do but it seems odd more than half the posts on an anime/manga forum are geared towards mafia games and counting threads etc.

I say if the visits aren't going up like you'd hoped, run the risk and be a sharing site again like MS or Kiss or panda. Those 3 are huge and still up I think the big wave of going after sites has cooled off. Plus you were just linking to sites like that before anyway.
It was always a nice touch to be able to come here, have the issue waiting for you then discuss it here with others who read through the same thread. It felt self contained, I feel like people don't bother coming back here to discuss it now that they are reading elsewhere. Just my thought, I get if you guys don't want to host and risk it though.

Also as weird as it may sound to some maybe manga/anime are reaching their tipping point. Barely see or hear anyone talking about newer stories. AoT which a lot of people seemed to love barely gets any talk, MHA too.

Reactions: Rohan

AlphaTheCat

Kin
289💸
Kumi
512💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The biggest community I was a part of before coming here was Crunchyroll. Before they started subscriptions, it was completely free and the forums were thriving like no other. Not only talking about anime, games, or RP, but anything in general. I was hoping for the same when I came here when I read that it was such a huge discord server. It will definitely take many babysteps for the forums to be poppin' again. We see giveaways, talent shows, anime/movie nights, but they are all on discord. I only see RP and games and premium/helper posts. Like mentioned above, possibly host forum only events and advertise them in discord without having the "forcefulness" of bringing users from discord over? Let them develop interest.

Waindo

Legendary
Kin
869💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The biggest community I was a part of before coming here was Crunchyroll. Before they started subscriptions, it was completely free and the forums were thriving like no other. Not only talking about anime, games, or RP, but anything in general. I was hoping for the same when I came here when I read that it was such a huge discord server. It will definitely take many babysteps for the forums to be poppin' again. We see giveaways, talent shows, anime/movie nights, but they are all on discord. I only see RP and games and premium/helper posts. Like mentioned above, possibly host forum only events and advertise them in discord without having the "forcefulness" of bringing users from discord over? Let them develop interest.
While at the same time the forum has more staff members then it ever had. So it's really paradoxical to see this place even more inactive than it was before the revamp/merge.

AlphaTheCat

Kin
289💸
Kumi
512💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
While at the same time the forum has more staff members then it ever had. So it's really paradoxical to see this place even more inactive than it was before the revamp/merge.
Maybe the forum has more staff members because they had to make introduction posts to apply for helper? Or were you referring to staff members specifically for forum?

Reactions: Waindo

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,027💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

At Bold, here are my suggestions.
  • Expand the Trophy System.
  • Expand ratings system (Don't add dislike).
  • Add more features to Forum Premium, like many premiums want the premium username colours to return. It would be nice if all the lost features return.
  • Scrap contest user group, instead add that to Premium and give it to contest winners. This is because Premium is far superior, you can get Premium also on Discord, you can't get a unique contest role on Discord.
  • Give Kin to all participants in contests, even those who don't get 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
  • Increase the amount of Kin earned when posting in manga and anime sections. This should be a high amount, enough to make people post there.
  • Kin shop needs to be really good. It should be easy to Buy Premium if you post a lot. This is in sync with above point.
  • Archive the spam threads in Forum Games section to stop spamming and let the focus be on posting quality content.
  • All of those spam threads should go in the Premium section instead to encourage people to buy Premium and rapidly increase post count.
  • Forum Games section should be restructured for the hosting of quality forum games like Sheep Games, Mafia Games, Forum Treasure hunts, etc.
That is all I can think of for now.

I think there is imbalance between forum and discord for example animebase discord has anime and manga channels it defeats whole point on having forum where you could discuss about anime there already.

Also i dont see not many forum promotion events . I already see forum moderator promoting discord events here it kind of encourage people heading to discord rather than being here . I hope i dont offend people here but these are outline issues if you plan to have forum activity alive.

I do hope moderators and admin take serious note on what we are saying because situation in forum right is now in danger levels. Its upto them in the end latest one piece and boruto chapter have very few reactions here. I hope admin is looking into this facts.
Bold, that is an advantage that has not been utilised. In the discord, there is no series specific channel. So say if someone wants to discuss One Piece he has to discuss it in a channel where 10 more series are been discussed.

However, on the forum, there are sections dedicated to the entire series. So the above One Piece fan can easily come from Discord to the Forum and discuss the series here.

In this case, the forum is a superior means of communication because of specific series sections but it's potential is not been tapped into.

I do agree on the giveaways, it should have been done on the Forums and not on the Discord to increase activity levels.

A majority of the new staff are RP Mods which were needed for the RP. I think 9 RP Mods are brand new. The RP is doing well because of the big staff pool. Hence why the forum is looking RP centric.

If you look at the general forum, only one new Gmod has been added to the staff and said staff member is inactive. The rest of the general forum staff were reshuffled. There is no paradox here if you look at the staff list and spot the changes.

The RP mods are also active in contrast to the Forum staff who are inactive. This makes the difference between both more noticeable.

Last edited:

Waindo

Legendary
Kin
869💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
At Bold, here are my suggestions.
  • Expand the Trophy System.
  • Expand ratings system (Don't add dislike).
  • Add more features to Forum Premium, like many premiums want the premium username colours to return. It would be nice if all the lost features return.
  • Scrap contest user group, instead add that to Premium and give it to contest winners. This is because Premium is far superior, you can get Premium also on Discord, you can't get a unique contest role on Discord.
  • Give Kin to all participants in contests, even those who don't get 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
  • Increase the amount of Kin earned when posting in manga and anime sections. This should be a high amount, enough to make people post there.
  • Kin shop needs to be really good. It should be easy to Buy Premium if you post a lot. This is in sync with above point.
  • Archive the spam threads in Forum Games section to stop spamming and let the focus be on posting quality content.
  • All of those spam threads should go in the Premium section instead to encourage people to buy Premium and rapidly increase post count.
  • Forum Games section should be restructured for the hosting of quality forum games like Sheep Games, Mafia Games, Forum Treasure hunts, etc.
That is all I can think of for now.

Bold, that is an advantage that has not been utilised. In the discord, there is no series specific channel. So say if someone wants to discuss One Piece he has to discuss it in a channel where 10 more series are been discussed.

However, on the forum, there are sections dedicated to the entire series. So the above One Piece fan can easily come from Discord to the Forum and discuss the series here.

In this case, the forum is a superior means of communication because of specific series sections but it's potential is not been tapped into.

I do agree on the giveaways, it should have been done on the Forums and not on the Discord to increase activity levels.

A majority of the new staff are RP Mods which were needed for the RP. I think 9 RP Mods are brand new. The RP is doing well because of the big staff pool. Hence why the forum is looking RP centric.

If you look at the general forum, only one new Gmod has been added to the staff and said staff member is inactive. The rest of the general forum staff were reshuffled. There is no paradox here if you look at the staff list and spot the changes.

The RP mods are also active in contrast to the Forum staff who are inactive. This makes the difference between both more noticeable.
Which means that the forum needs new staff members which will not only moderate the place but do their best to keep their assigned sections not only clean from non-rule-abiding behaviour but also active and entertaining.

Marin

Veteran
Kin
306💸
Kumi
2,001💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

I don't think the features are the issue here. This forum is pretty good when it comes to perks (especially during the NB days) yet there are still very few people on. When I talk to the people who left I usually get the reply that they found the community unsatisfying like a large number of trolls and not enough people to discuss things they like with.

Really, the latter (and perhaps more important) is not something you guys can do anything about. If most users who happen to stay here aren't interested in events/contests or quality discussion and would instead just troll (as was the case in the last years of NB from many people's experience), people who are looking for something else will go somewhere else. I know I did. Everyone I talked to left and no one cared about any of the sections I posted in. Look at Art Hall and you'll see it's a graveyard save for a few exceptions like the Naruto art one. The Fan Videos are completely dead, GDS has gone stale and most people here still care little about anything other than Naruto/Boruto despite the rebranding so most threads about other series get little traction.

There have been attempts by the few constructive members to keep these sections alive or shift their course a bit (like Waindo's diverse threads in GDS from way back or Jazzy's music station thingy) but these attempts simply showed that no one cared about this kind of stuff so the loneliness just got old and people bailed. This lack of motivation to stay was one of the causes for the forum gradually losing most of its user base and some of these old members coming back is a good thing but I find it questionable how long it'll take till they find it boring again since the forum is far less active now. (I know I only appear for a bit and leave.)

Getting people from discord here is something you can do, but no one can influence what they're interested in. If most people steer into toxic behavior like during NB's last era no amount of features will help.

Reactions: Princess Kaguya

Sagebee

Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Just a suggestion besides promoting events more on forum maybe consider catering again to a specific anime fandom.

Boruto has a long ways to go to regain naruto's position

So maybe consider focusing on a new popular fandom. I think just focusing on animes in general wont generate new traffic. Unless maybe the forum maybe promotes anime news content and info on seasonal animes and new mangas.

If not maybe pick a new popular anime

Waindo

Legendary
Kin
869💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Just a suggestion besides promoting events more on forum maybe consider catering again to a specific anime fandom.

Boruto has a long ways to go to regain naruto's position

So maybe consider focusing on a new popular fandom. I think just focusing on animes in general wont generate new traffic. Unless maybe the forum maybe promotes anime news content and info on seasonal animes and new mangas.

If not maybe pick a new popular anime

Well I don't think it needs to be centered around one series again, I mean, wasn't the whole point of the site revamp to attract a more broader audience? But there are some series that don't have their subforum while they definitely deserve it. Prime example of that would be JoJo's Bizzare Adventure.

Reactions: Sagebee

Zise

Veteran
Kin
515💸
Kumi
9,619💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well I don't think it needs to be centered around one series again, I mean, wasn't the whole point of the site revamp to attract a more broader audience? But there are some series that don't have their subforum while they definitely deserve it. Prime example of that would be JoJo's Bizzare Adventure.
When enough interest is shown and threads and discussions are made about an anime or manga, we create the section for it.

AlphaTheCat

Kin
289💸
Kumi
512💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm all for finding ways to revive this forum. How about instead of "forcing" people from discord to come here that have little interest, why don't we have a more beneficial leveling system that will give them perks in the discord as well? Both the forums and discord server have their own rank system based on activity, but I believe there is nothing that can link them together or something.

For example, have a bigger giveaway compared to the weekly ones done on discord and instead of automatically qualifying, have them earn points based off of activity on both forums and discord or something. Or, have people earn premium and nitro based off of activity in the discord and advertise it on discord, instead of relying on the kumi system.

Just off the top of my head ideas.

Merzeil

Regular
Kin
3,279💸
Kumi
8,509💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm all for finding ways to revive this forum. How about instead of "forcing" people from discord to come here that have little interest, why don't we have a more beneficial leveling system that will give them perks in the discord as well? Both the forums and discord server have their own rank system based on activity, but I believe there is nothing that can link them together or something.

For example, have a bigger giveaway compared to the weekly ones done on discord and instead of automatically qualifying, have them earn points based off of activity on both forums and discord or something. Or, have people earn premium and nitro based off of activity in the discord and advertise it on discord, instead of relying on the kumi system.

Just off the top of my head ideas.
As for the point system on the old forum(will not mention the name) there was forum based giveaways where you needed to collect points and do other stuff on forum but in the end nothing really changed since people were not interested into it that much(in my opinion the pings were dropped quite often, it all was up to people after thag). As for the kumi and kin(I hope I am not wrong with the names) are based off more for the Naruto roleplay and special forum stuff (to buy thinvs from shop). Of course they might add something interesting to buy in shop (by kin) which could maybe boost up the activity on forum(since kin is mostly obtained on the main channels(places, Idk) in which case that won't really require to sit all the time in NRP and earn kumi only (well if you know what I mean).
As for the discord and forum combo there is a bot made by the devs which gi es you some sort of an advantage (might look different in people eyes) like for example the badge/medal system where you can earn them on forum (maybe from discord as well(if not rn then maybe in the future)) which kinda let's you show off on discord as well as on forum. As for the ranking system people are already mostly familiar with it, if not you can read them on forum(probably) or on the discord server(either way can ask staff members as well).
All of the activity will depend mostly on the people itself. Of course if there is going to be an interesting event going on which will require some talking or jusg chit chat for fun, the forum will get active but the question again is... For how long? It is hard to say what exactly could be done to attract people to the forums.
Of course, this topic is kind of arguing one because one side will think one way and other side will think other way... I liked to see several ideas from Rohan((which to be honest were really good ones(pst. Sorry if I didn't see the other ideas xD)) but in my opinion one of the best ways would be by making some sort of survays and posting them on discord to see what people think about forum itself, how to improve it (obviously every single idea won't come true, everyome understands that)/add or make it so people would stay. I understand that the work of staff is already hard enough (especially to combine with daily life. (That's why I kinda respect the staff(are times when you aren't happy about them xD( don't take it seriously though))) but this is my opinion about the improvement: surveys. I am not saying that all of this is even good or anything, everyone of us are giving our opinions, we criticise it and learn from it, most of the times, either way I hope I didn't really offend anyone, if I did, then, don’t take it all to your heart, that's only an opinion. Welp if you read all of this, you can add some criticism on me as well, I won't holde grudge on it but instead look from one and other side to improve the things and maybe find the answer (Idk what the hell am i doing rn, I hope this all makes kind of sense).
You must be registered to see images

Last edited: