Morphorous

Kin
809💸
Kumi
21💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I think many people mistake anxiety as a failure when actually avoiding anxiety is the true failure of a work of art.
Because people think that the only purpose of art is to entertain, they avoid everything that makes them think about what is portrayed in the illusion of the show.

I get anxiety from conflict, the common experience of conflict today is of misunderstanding, that people fail to communicate with each other.
But I claim that this failure of communication is the essence of the objective conflict between people. It is not that people cannot find the right words, it is that the right words do not exist, it is an objective split in perspective based on one's life experience that shapes one's language that creates the split in language.

Have you experienced something similar?
How have you experienced anxiety in anime, how it affects on another level than just being mindlessly entertained?

Troi

Legendary
Kin
3,461💸
Kumi
1,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
No. I don’t have anxiety when it comes to any show I watch because it isn’t real. I can understand if you get anxiety from watching something like a serial killer documentary or something of that nature, but something like anime? Lol no. I think that’s silly.

Reactions: Pizza

Pizza

Kin
247💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
No. I don’t have anxiety when it comes to any show I watch because it isn’t real. I can understand if you get anxiety from watching something like a serial killer documentary or something of that nature, but something like anime? Lol no. I think that’s silly.
I don't think it's silly. Depending on the person and the type of anime, it is possible to be engrossed in the show to the point that you fear for the characters or where the story is heading. What I can say though is that the anxiety that you would get from anime in comparison to real life, is that it is much more short lived.

Troi

Legendary
Kin
3,461💸
Kumi
1,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I don't think it's silly. Depending on the person and the type of anime, it is possible to be engrossed in the show to the point that you fear for the characters or where the story is heading. What I can say though is that the anxiety that you would get from anime in comparison to real life, is that it is much more short lived.
I understand but I wouldn't consider that anxiety. That's more anticipation and being on edge in preparation of what's to come. Having literal anxiety over a cartoon? Maybe it is just me, but I don't see it. Anxiety is big thing. And I don't see a cartoon causing that. I see what you are saying but I would have to heavily disagree.

Reactions: Pizza

Pizza

Kin
247💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I understand but I wouldn't consider that anxiety. That's more anticipation and being on edge in preparation of what's to come. Having literal anxiety over a cartoon? Maybe it is just me, but I don't see it. Anxiety is big thing. And I don't see a cartoon causing that. I see what you are saying but I would have to heavily disagree.
You are partially correct, what you are talking about is an anxiety disorder which is much more severe and long lasting than normal anxiety, which can last for about 10- 30 minutes.

Troi

Legendary
Kin
3,461💸
Kumi
1,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You are partially correct, what you are talking about is an anxiety disorder which is much more severe and long lasting than normal anxiety, which can last for about 10- 30 minutes.
Well maybe I am mistaken in my understanding of anxiety. I am only used to the disorder. I didn't know glancing anxiety was a thing. I call that nervous.

Pizza

Kin
247💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well maybe I am mistaken in my understanding of anxiety. I am only used to the disorder. I didn't know glancing anxiety was a thing. I call that nervous.
Nah well nervousness is quite normal when watching shows but like I said it totally depends on the kind of anime and the person that is watching it :3

Reactions: Troi