Υαmí

Legendary
Kin
20💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This question comes from a homework assignment and of personal curiosity.

Personally, I believe that heroes are among us. They are there, without the need for recognition and attention, seeking for only the better of others...

UchihaKira

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I dont think "Hero" is a trait you can like identify someone as having or anything. I think everyone has the potential to be a hero, its just up to them whether they choose to be in certain situations. People who are generally referred to as heroes are just decent people who were in the right place at the right time. It doesnt necessarily make them any more of a hero than anyone else, they were just presented with the opportunity. About a year ago I was driving down the street at about 3am when I noticed a truck crashed off the road into some trees. I pulled over and opened the truck door, the inside was smoked out so bad I couldnt see anything at first. After a moment I climbed in and found 2 people unconscious in the back seat so I pulled them out one at a time and checked their vitals etc etc. The truck ended up catching on fire not even a minute after I pulled them out. I was labeled as a "hero" on the news, but really I just happened to be the guy that noticed them first. It wasnt heroic in my opinion, it was just instinct. Im not the heroic type at all so it was really weird to me to be labeled as such. Funny side note, after I got the guys (who were drunk as shit) to wake up and they noticed I was on the phone with 911, one of them got up and tried to fight me and escape in his on fire truck lol. As you can imagine it didnt turn out very well for him. I also believe there are alot of normal everyday things people can do that would classify them as heroes, although not in the sense most people think of when you hear the word. (ex. Someone taking in a child as their own when the childs parent(s) have abandoned them)

Prog

Veteran
Kin
20💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Some people say that it's a "responsibility", for those who are in the military, firefighting, etc. For those who are civilians, they say it's only "human" to save someone.

I don't agree with their logic.
I believe that being heroic, and caring for someone enough to go out of your way to help them (being human), are one and the same.

It is disappointing that something that should define us all, is considered a rare trait.

Desiigner

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes, they do. I have to do a presentation about Edward Snowden tomorrow actually, and my last question is: "Ed Snowden; Hero or traitor?" You could check it out if you want to discuss.

Wes Sine

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This question comes from a homework assignment and of personal curiosity.

Personally, I believe that heroes are among us. They are there, without the need for recognition and attention, seeking for only the better of others...
They do, and not all heroes wear capes.