[Question] Did zoro and sanji give any ****s about merry?

Venomous Cobra

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I mean, I just noticed but neither of them had teared or shown any consideration when it was burning, even robin was tearing.
You must be registered for see images

I mean we get, the two strongest men of luffy, the right and the left hand men of the captain(oda's words) but damn they didn't even seem sad to me, zoro had that dumb ass poker face the whole time and sanji was just smoking his shit like nothing happened. Why do you think oda preferred to keep it that way?

Venomous Cobra

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Of course they were sad, end of discussion.
how you know?
They do care.They are just no the type of guy who cry.

They were crying inside
Didn't seem sad to me, but yeah from the story veiw-point, they must've felt sad, I'm just asking why oda preferred not show them being sad or anything.

I mean zoro cried here

and sanji cried here

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Of course Sanji is gonna cry because he's leaving his family and Zoro's gonna cry because it's his related to his dream and his promise to Kuina. But, despite how attached the rest were, it still is just a boat.

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
They were sad but I felt that they didn't feel the need to cry over it. What Sanji & Zoro cried for was more significant than the going merry. For Zoro, he cried over a promise to become the WSS which emphasized the significance it has to him (including his respect to his captain) and Sanji cried to thank Zeff for what he has done/thought him.

Last edited:

loj

from the east blue
Immortal
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
how you know?

Didn't seem sad to me, but yeah from the story veiw-point, they must've felt sad, I'm just asking why oda preferred not show them being sad or anything.

I mean zoro cried here

and sanji cried here
And that's the only time to see them cry.

loj

from the east blue
Immortal
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Exactly.
The real Irony of the whole scenario was the fact the Luffy cried after his response to Usopp about merry just being a ship as opposed to a (living) comrade
I've read somewhere how Oda said one SH will die.Later in the story Merry "died" so Oda did consider Merry a part of nakama.So that's not just a boat.

Besides Zoro and Sanji aren't the guys who will just cry...

Lance171

Banned
Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I mean, I just noticed but neither of them had teared or shown any consideration when it was burning, even robin was tearing.

I mean we get, the two strongest men of luffy, the right and the left hand men of the captain(oda's words) but damn they didn't even seem sad to me, zoro had that dumb ass poker face the whole time and sanji was just smoking his shit like nothing happened. Why do you think oda preferred to keep it that way?
hey so how is the thriller park arc? I just finished ennies lobby arc