Did Madara steal (or forcibly take) his brother eyes?

Mori Jin

Elite
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was having a discussion with a mate of mine on which he says (to the question above), that Madara stole or forcibly took his brother eyes.

He then used Itachi's story on the history of the Uchiha (during his fight with sasuke), where he showed a Genjutsu of Madara's story (or what he thought was his story) in which Madara took the eye's of an unsuspecting and screaming Izuna.

Whereas i told him that during Hashirama's backstory (in which he was telling sasuke what happened in the past with him and Madara), when Tobirama wounded Izuna and he was dying Izuna told Madara not to trust the Senju and later onwards when he returned to the battlefield to fight Hashirama once again he had the EMS. He then said to Hashirama that they were Izuna's last gift to him to help the Uchiha (paraphrasing can't remember the exact words).

So who's right?

Edit: Also do you have to kill your best friend to get MS or do you just have to go through a traumatizing experience?

Your Creepy Stalker

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It's actually unknown whether Madara took the eyes by force or if Izuna gave them to him willingly. Sure, Madara says he gave them willingly, but in case you haven't noticed, Madara is insane when it comes to eye transplants. He acts as if anything is his by right, and a small factor like whether his brother let him take the eyes is of little consequence.

I think he took the eyes, because i don't see Izuna as being the kind of character to suggest something as stupid as "You're going blind brother? Well, gouge out my eyes and stick them into your empty sockets. That will definately work." Whereas i see Madara as the kind of maniac who would do something that stupid because he's read the script and knows it will work.

Awakening MS is only dependant on severe trauma. Itachi and Obito didn't kill their best friends to get them, although they did have someone die (Shisui and Rin), and Sasuke awoke MS when he learned the truth about Itachi.

Obito the supreme jin

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No a traumatizing event is enough to awaken MS. It happened to Obito when he saw that Rin was stabbed by Raikiri. Even Kakashi unlocked his MS this way.

You must be registered for see images

Killing your friend to get MS is a scare tatic Itachi told Sasuke to do. You don't need to kill your best friend to awaken MS as Sasuke didn't kill Naruto in Vote 1 when he had the chance. A tramautizing event such as Itachi's death caused Sasuke to awaken his MS.

OT: Hashirama stated Madara loved his brother so much. The wise Itachi knew nothing about Madara though. He was believing that Obito was Madara just like all the others. When Izuna was dead that's when he implanted the eyes. Madara's backstory of himself is more trustworthy and it clearly depicts how Madara grew to get his EMS and how after his brothet's death he couldn't believe the Senju until Hashirama showed his guts. Itachi was illustrating an illusion so.

Last edited:

Urda

Supreme
Kin
2,210💸
Kumi
7,699💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Itachi implied that Madara took Izuna eyes.

Tobi/Obito said Izuna gave him his eyes willingly.

Madara said it was a gift.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yatori

Vanto

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Madara, for all his faults, still loved his brother though. He relished Tobirama's defeat at his hands because he killed Izuna, after all.

Also, with how Uchihas behave, I think that Izuna would rather leave his brother with the power to keep fighting, and win against, the Senjus before dying than anything.

DominiqueX

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
No, Madara loved Izuna more than Itachi loved Sasuke. He could never harm him.
It was indeed a present at Izuna's deathbed, after massively injured by Tobirama.

wanderingcactus

Veteran
Kin
2,117💸
Kumi
1,383💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
we could take both sides of the story.

izuna is dying and madara already obsessed with hashirama took it upon himself of taking izuna's eyes right before he dies so that he can go on with his revenge even before he dies.

so technically it would both count as stealing and as much as getting a farewell gift from izuna.

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Madara out of pure desperation gouged out Izunas' eyes and implanted them into himself. I hope that answers your question. Izuna I guess was too shocked to react and had no idea what was actually going on kind of let him.