Did Kishi retconned this fact about Naruto’s skills?

MAN OF SIN

Elite
Kin
30💸
Kumi
273💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I’ve been doing some rereading lately and noticed something. According to the Sage Asura didn’t inherit his father’s strong chakra genes and all his power came from hard work in order to match his brother. And says that Naruto is just like him in this regard, that people don’t always inherit the whole potential of their parents, and Naruto agrees...except Naruto is the complete opposite of Asura in this regard when you think about it.

In chapter 500 it was stated that Kushina is a compatible host of the Nine tails because she was born with powerful chakra. Naruto was a compatible host of half of the Nine tails chakra as a newborn infant, while his adult father struggled moving with the other half. So it’s implied that Naruto inherited strong chakra genes from Kushina and it’s later on confirmed by Kurama when Naruto was giving his chakra out to others during the war.

But it goes much deeper than just being able to host of the Nine tails. Remember, it’s been stated that Minato made the seal in such a way that Naruto’s chakra mixes with Kurama’s and that allows his body to produce massive amounts of chakra. It’s the reason given to why he was so bad at Justus at the very start. But also enables him to make tons of shadow clones, which he needed until his final battle with Sasuke to make rasengan. So him making so many clones is that thanks to strong genes he got from his mom.

But it doesn’t end there. The Fukasaku said that you need to have powerful to use Sage Mode. So that means even Naruto’s usage of Sage Mode is enable by the genes he got from his mom.

So it’s rather bizarre that Kishi has the Sage compare Naruto to Asura in regards to lacking inherit strong chakra genes. When Naruto only became as strong as he did because he was born with strong chakra like his mom. What do you think the reason was for this change?

Last edited:
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Naruto inherited Uzumaki life force from Kushina and it is why he was able to be the host from the Kyuubi. And as you stated Minato could barely move after sealing the other part of Kurama in his body is because of the weak body or because of verge of death but anyways, about SageMode - Minato also could learn to control senjutsu chakra so i dont see a reason why others arent able to do it.

Madara could easily control Hashirama's senjutsu chakra as he stated and Sasuke could control the power of Curse Seal even as a kid

Last edited:

MAN OF SIN

Elite
Kin
30💸
Kumi
273💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Naruto inherited Uzumaki life force from Kushina and it is why he was able to be the host from the Kyuubi. And as you stated Minato could barely move after sealing the other part of Kurama in his body is because of the weak body or because of verge of death but anyways, about SageMode - Minato also could learn to control senjutsu chakra so i dont see a reason why others arent able to do it.

Madara could easily control Hashirama's senjutsu chakra as he stated and Sasuke could control the power of Curse Seal even as a kid
Except Minato said that he can’t hold it very long and he was in a different body considering he was an edo.

Last edited:

MAN OF SIN

Elite
Kin
30💸
Kumi
273💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He could still control it, Jiraiya also , so what are you saying?
You must be registered for see images
He can also control the other half of Kurama’s chakra, which he couldn’t do in life. I said you need strong chakra genes to use Sage Mode, which Jiraiya and many other people can have. You don’t need to be an Uzumaki to have that.

Rikudou Tobi

Legendary
Kin
543💸
Kumi
618💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
1. Kushina doesn't have compatible chakra to the kyubi, her chakra is special a secret art that suppresses biju chakra just like wood style does. Naruto did not inherit that power.

2. Ashura trained hard to awaken his bodily chakra which is the yellow life energy cloak, that same cloak Naruto later awakened after attaining Kyubi chakra mode. The Torii seal he used on Kurama was also stated in the databook to be wood style.

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
yup. you can even go further and attribute naruto's ability to train as hard as he did to the fact that his Uzimaki blood gave him the stamina and chakra to do it, and that Kuruma's healing and chakra played an even stronger part. Naruto accomplished a decade+ worth of training within a week through Kurama's chakra when he learned to add his wind nature to rasengan. Literally no one bar Ten Tail hosts and Hashirama could do that.

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There's no retcon per se Naruto didn't really inherit anything from his parents except looks and Kushina's strong chakra. Kushina isn't an incarnate so although it's strong it wouldn't make much difference. Kushina would use her strong chakra and fashion it into chains via yin release (giving form to it) which she would use to bind kurama. That's why karin who didn't have strong chakra could still form chains bit they paled in comparrison to Kushina's.

Anyway Naruto gained all his abilities via help/handout and Kurama so you could say there's no real retcon rather he's on the path of Ashura.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,430💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I’ve been doing some rereading lately and noticed something. According to the Sage Asura didn’t inherit his father’s strong chakra genes and all his power came from hard work in order to match his brother(even though eariler in the series it was stated that Asura inherited a body that produces powerful chakra from the Sage). And says that Naruto is just like him in this regard, that people don’t always inherit the whole potential of their parents, and Naruto agrees...except Naruto is the complete opposite of Asura in this regard when you think about it.

In chapter 500 it was stated that Kushina is a compatible host of the Nine tails because she was born with powerful chakra. Naruto was a compatible host of half of the Nine tails chakra as a newborn infant, while his adult father struggled moving with the other half. So it’s implied that Naruto inherited strong chakra genes from Kushina and it’s later on confirmed by Kurama when Naruto was giving his chakra out to others during the war.

But it goes much deeper than just being able to host of the Nine tails. Remember, it’s been stated that Minato made the seal in such a way that Naruto’s chakra mixes with Kurama’s and that allows his body to produce massive amounts of chakra. It’s the reason given to why he was so bad at Justus at the very start. But also enables him to make tons of shadow clones, which he needed until his final battle with Sasuke to make rasengan. So him making so many clones is that thanks to strong genes he got from his mom.

But it doesn’t end there. The Fukasaku said that you need to have powerful to use Sage Mode. So that means even Naruto’s usage of Sage Mode is enable by the genes he got from his mom.

So it’s rather bizarre that Kishi has the Sage compare Naruto to Asura in regards to lacking inherit strong chakra genes. When Naruto only became as strong as he did because he was born with strong chakra like his mom. What do you think the reason was for this change?

It's been four years and you are still working so hard to look for your favourite topic retcons? Anyway, you should have read the whole chapter before making the thread:

Sage explained on the very next page what he meant by strong chakra genes

Naruto of course inherited " genes" from both parents and Uzumaki side made him best host available. But he didn't inherit "stronger" genes- which could mean anything since Sage explained it as not "inheriting full potential".

Naruto certainly in not intelligent like Minato nor has stronger fancy Uzumaki traits of known clan members like Kushina or Nagato or even Karin, As in that it doesn't come naturally to him but he puts in enough efforts to max out and overcome that deficiency. He may not have natural flare to be able to control Kurama like Kushina but he worked hard till he could figure out how to balance it. He doesn't understand complex theories about working of a power but he trained himself for good observation and thus is still able to use that acquired intelligence in battles or in his dealing with people. In fact he had to rely on other people to explain things to him. But that, in turn, enabled him to see things from other's perspective too, not just own just like Asura. It also meant forging connections based on mutual understanding and in the end it gained him the upper hand.

Last edited:

MAN OF SIN

Elite
Kin
30💸
Kumi
273💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's been four years and you are still working so hard to look for your favourite topic retcons?
You haven’t changed a bit I see.

Anyway, you should have read the whole chapter before making the thread:

Sage explained on the very next page what he meant by strong chakra genes

Naruto of course inherited " genes" from both parents and Uzumaki side made him best host available. But he didn't inherit "stronger" genes- which could mean anything since Sage explained it as not "inheriting full potential".

Naruto certainly in not intelligent like Minato nor has stronger fancy Uzumaki traits of known clan members like Kushina or Nagato or even Karin, As in that it doesn't come naturally to him but he puts in enough efforts to max out and overcome that deficiency. He may not have natural flare to be able to control Kurama like Kushina but he worked hard till he could figure out how to balance it. He doesn't understand complex theories about working of a power but he trained himself for good observation and thus is still able to use that acquired intelligence in battles or in his dealing with people. In fact he had to rely on other people to explain things to him. But that, in turn, enabled him to see things from other's perspective too, not just own just like Asura. It also meant forging connections based on mutual understanding and in the end it gained him the upper hand.
Oh, I’ve read that page. I interpreted the not “inheriting full potential” part as a callback to what Obito said back in chapter 462 about the brothers getting half of the Sage’s powers. Stating that Indra inherited the Sage’s eyes, powerful chakra, and spirit energy. While Asura inherited the Sage’s body, life force, and physical energy.

What are these fancy Uzumaki genetic traits you are referring to that Naruto lacks? If you are talking about the chains, those are learnt and not inherited according to the databook. And Kushina never learned to control Kurama’s power in any shape or form, she just simply hosted him. Or is this from new info from part 3?

The only special genetic trait he lacks from his parents might arguably be Minato’s intelligence like you said.

Last edited:

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,430💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You haven’t changed a bit I see.
Right back at you. You expected me to not notice that you are doing the same thing you used to do?

Oh, I’ve read that page. I interpreted the not “inheriting full potential” part as a callback to what Obito said back in chapter 462 about the brothers getting half of the Sage’s powers. Stating that Indra inherited the Sage’s eyes, powerful chakra, and spirit energy. While Asura inherited the Sage’s body, life force, and physical energy.
So you complicated a straight and simple statement to confuse yourself.

What are these fancy Uzumaki genetic traits you are referring to that Naruto lacks? If you are talking about the chains, those are learnt and not inherited according to the databook. And Kushina never learned to control Kurama’s power in any shape or form, she just simply hosted him. Or is this from new info from part 3?
Red hair is a fancy genetic trait - all the three have in common. (^ ^) Karin's healing though chakra ability is pretty unique to her. Pain was a power house( Madara picked him specifically, not any random kid) otherwise he wouldn't have been able to wield Rinnegan. Kushina was a jinchuriki for a shorter time than Naruto you know. She never held it long enough to argue over whether she could improve her control or not. She wasn't trained like Naruto either.

Minato concluded little before his death that Konoha would need to use Kurama actively and Jiraiya figured it that he wanted to put Kurama to actual use, when he received the keytoad to the seal. That lead to Naruto getting trained specifically to control Kurama.

The only special genetic trait he lacks from his parents might arguably be Minato’s intelligence like you said.
Naruto is half Uzumaki. We will never know more possibilities since Kushina's abilities aren't explored much. Just the basics.

Last edited:

MAN OF SIN

Elite
Kin
30💸
Kumi
273💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Right back at you. You expected me to not notice that you are doing the same thing you used to do?
I don’t recall many topics about retcons.

So you complicated a straight and simple statement to confuse yourself.
No, I believe my interpretion is correct. Since the Sage literally says “strong chakra genes” like Obito said.

Red hair is a fancy genetic trait - all the three have in common. (^ ^) Karin's healing though chakra ability is pretty unique to her. Pain was a power house( Madara picked him specifically, not any random kid) otherwise he wouldn't have been able to wield Rinnegan. Kushina was a jinchuriki for a shorter time than Naruto you know. She never held it long enough to argue over whether she could improve her control or not.

Naruto is half Uzumaki. We will never know more possibilities since Kushina's abilities aren't explored much. Just the basics.
It’s never been stated nor implied that those abilities of Pain and Karin were Uzumaki traits.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,430💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don’t recall many topics about retcons.

No, I believe my interpretion is correct. Since the Sage literally says “strong chakra genes” like Obito said.

It’s never been stated nor implied that those abilities of Pain and Karin were Uzumaki traits.
You are not interpreting but reaching - by ignoring the later half of the same conversation between Naruto and Sage on the following page.

Also I don't see the issue with what Obito said. Obito heard from Madara and as he understood it. Sage would know what he is talking about. " Asura inherited the Sage’s , life force, and physical energy." Obviously he didn't inherit what Hogomro considered stronger chakra genes. Similar to Naruto, Asura worked hard taking advantage of his physical energy and life force till he was able to cover the gap. Both of them don't have miss exact the same set of genes but the fact that both of them worked to overcome their weaknesses and were able to get cooperation from others.

They were not common Uzumaki traits individually but cases of people who inherited strong genes and were able to harness them to higher potential without making as much effort as Naruto.

Most importantly retcon claim over something which makes no difference makes little sense. Trying to look at it though microscopes over something which makes little to no difference to the events, story or characterization or mechanism of any of it, is taking nit picking to another level.

Last edited:

MAN OF SIN

Elite
Kin
30💸
Kumi
273💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You are not interpreting but reaching - by ignoring the later half of the same conversation between Naruto and Sage on the following page.
I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this point.

Also I don't see the issue with what Obito said. Obito heard from Madara and as he understood it. Sage would know what he is talking about. " Asura inherited the Sage’s , life force, and physical energy." Obviously he didn't inherit what Hogomro considered stronger chakra genes. Similar to Naruto, Asura worked hard taking advantage of his physical energy and life force till he was able to cover the gap. Both of them don't have miss exact the same set of genes but the fact that both of them worked to overcome their weaknesses and were able to get cooperation from others.
Why do you keep saying “stronger chakra genes” when it’s say “strong chakra genes”? Aka repeating what Obito said.

They were not common Uzumaki traits individually but cases of people who inherited strong genes and were able to harness them to higher potential without making as much effort as Naruto.
They weren’t Uzumaki traits at all. Negato is powerful because of his Senju lineage, not his Uzumaki lineage and Karin had experiments done to her.

Most importantly retcon claim over something which makes no difference makes little sense. Trying to look at it though microscopes over something which makes little to no difference to the events, story or characterization or mechanism of any of it, is taking nit picking to another level.
You dislike me with a passion. I get it.

Last edited:

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,430💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this point.
Sure.
Why do you keep saying “stronger chakra genes” when it’s say “strong chakra genes”? Aka repeating what Obito said.
Because everything is relative. Naruto's chakra gene whether he inherited the full potential or not, are still stronger and more suitable for Kyuubi than rest of the village. So when I say stronger I mean it in the same manner.

They weren’t Uzumaki traits at all. Negato is powerful because of his Senju lineage, not his Uzumaki lineage and Karin had experiments done to her.
Nagato was not Senju. There is no source linking him to Senjus. If you have, please provide the authentic source and links. Karin's mom had same abilities and so did Karin way before she joined Oro.

You dislike me with a passion. I get it.
I take it, I hit the nail on the head.