[Suggestion] Dice roller for the RP forums

Hunty's iconHunty

Dhampir
Veteran
Joined
Feb 23, 2013
Messages
4,614
Reaction score
1,148
Hey Lord of Kaos, Skorm brought up adding a dice roller, so I looked into how it could work on AnimeBase. Is that something staff would consider for the RP forums?

Members could click a dice button beside the post editor, choose their dice and any allowed modifier, and have the result attached to the post. For example, a D20 roll of 14 with a +3 bonus would display a total of 17. Just an example, obviously, the RP rules would determine what that result means.

There’s a XenForo add-on called [DD] Dice Roller that supports custom dice, rules and forum permissions:

It requires [DD] Core, and whoever handles installation would need to check compatibility first. I’d also want to check how it handles rerolls and edited posts so the results stay trustworthy.

I made a separate working demo to show the idea. Could something like this be worth trying in one RP forum?
 

Troi 👑

Deez
Supreme
Joined
Jun 12, 2013
Messages
21,053
Reaction score
1,629
I would love this. I don't even really want to be on Discord... So if this could become a thing, I'm all for it. Especially as someone who needs rolls for my core abilities.
 

Hunty's iconHunty

Dhampir
Veteran
Joined
Feb 23, 2013
Messages
4,614
Reaction score
1,148
I would love this. I don't even really want to be on Discord... So if this could become a thing, I'm all for it. Especially as someone who needs rolls for my core abilities.
I agree. This could help improve the RPing on the site significantly. The site needs to be more convenient for all users.
 

Lucidus 🥈

Legendary
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
11,939
Reaction score
1,356
This would be a nice thing in general. It may also encourage more RP in general outside of the NRP such as DnD like text based games
 
Top