Regular
Kin
3💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

I'm here to estimate how powerful Konan's 600 billion explosive tag is, as the title says. The AOE of her Jutsu roughly covered the lake of Amegakure, so the next question that follows it up is: How big is Amegakure? A bit of scaling is required as I'll demonstrate below.

Amegakure land is mostly comprised of lake, since the moment Jiraiya entered Amegakure's borders, he was immediately on the lake. [ ] This means Amegakure land is all covered in lake up to the border point, while the center of the village is covered in towers. As a result too, I'll measure the towers size as well. Gamakichi and Rinnegan dogs are the same size as the top of the tower:

Rinnegan summons and toad summons are all equal to Biju's in size. When you compare Bijus to mountain sized constructions like Perfect Susanoo, Wood Mokujin and Jubi - they all roughly equal to head. This would mean Amegakure's towers are equal in height to PS, Mokujin and Jubi.

Based on that scaling, Amegakure's towers are all equal to Jubi, PS, Wood Mokujin in height based on how Biju compares to them. The AOE of her Jutsu then covers a mountain range area based on this panel:

This isn't just the only way to estimate the power of her Jutsu. As an example, Tobirama's Gojō Kibaku Fuda creates from 1,000 to 10,000 explosive tag and the destructive capacity was powerful enough to blow up the God Gates that restrained the Jubi.

Konan's explosive tag in terms of mathematics can explode in hundreds of times greater than that. Just to throw maths to give a basic idea: 600 billion explosive tag explodes at 10 minutes, so that means each minute 60 billion explosive tag has exploded.

There is also a wide misconception that Konan needed preparation time for 600 billion explosive tag. That misconception arose due to translation mistake on part of Mangapanda and ***********; in reality there was no prep time. VIZ translation is official and makes no mention on Konan needed prep time for her Jutsu.

In terms of destructive capacity, I would rank 600 billion explosive tag this way:

1. Kaguya TSB
2. Six Paths Chibaku Tensei
3. 4 Quads Jubi Biju Dama
4. Indra's Arrow
5. Rikudō: Chōōdama Rasenshuriken
6. Cho Shinra Tensei
7. 600 billion explosive tag

In conclusion: Konan is the one of the single most hax and destructive characters in the manga.

Last edited:

Mellanoma

Elite
Kin
38💸
Kumi
24💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Interesting. Let it also be known that all 600 billion exploding at once would be much more devistating than consistently exploding over 10mins. She had to stretch it to kill Obito (or try to) If it wasn't for Izanagi he would have been dead.

Edogawa

Regular
Kin
3💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Interesting. Let it also be known that all 600 billion exploding at once would be much more devistating than consistently exploding over 10mins. She had to stretch it to kill Obito (or try to) If it wasn't for Izanagi he would have been dead.
I don't see how exploding at once is going to be more devastating than exploding them continuously at 10 minutes. But yes, Konan is extremely powerful and has one of the hax and destructive Ninjutsu in the manga. Majority don't know about it cause they don't pay attention.

Mellanoma

Elite
Kin
38💸
Kumi
24💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't see how exploding at once is going to be more devastating than exploding them continuously at 10 minutes. But yes, Konan is extremely powerful and has one of the hax and destructive Ninjutsu in the manga. Majority don't know about it cause they don't pay attention.
1 Large explosion rather than many smaller ones produces much more of an impact at detonation

Increased Pressure
Increased in Heat
Larger Shockwave

Team7monaa

Veteran
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
1 Large explosion rather than many smaller ones produces much more of an impact at detonation

Increased Pressure
Increased in Heat
Larger Shockwave
The good thing about multiple detonations as opposed to one is that there’s a less of a chance for the person to escape.

Mellanoma

Elite
Kin
38💸
Kumi
24💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The good thing about multiple detonations as opposed to one is that there’s a less of a chance for the person to escape.
Depends on the user. A person with Kamui will survive 1 big explosion. But a Person with lets say PS will sustain more damage from 1 massive explosion rather than multiple smaller ones

Cariostar

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So... This makes Konan the strongest female in the series aside from Kaguya? I mean, being able to pull this technique wherever she wants just puts Konan on a completely different level than were she was before.

However, I overall like how nobody talks about Konan's Paper strength, I mean, the woman divided a lake in two and keep it split for a long time. I may not be the smartest guy here, but that sure seems to need a lot of strength.

New Dawn

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Some patriarch didn't want Konan to be too strong cause she is Nagato's side ***** so he mistranslated what Konan said to "prep-time".

Edogawa

Regular
Kin
3💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So... This makes Konan the strongest female in the series aside from Kaguya? I mean, being able to pull this technique wherever she wants just puts Konan on a completely different level than were she was before.

However, I overall like how nobody talks about Konan's Paper strength, I mean, the woman divided a lake in two and keep it split for a long time. I may not be the smartest guy here, but that sure seems to need a lot of strength.
Her 600 billion explosive tag took up virtually all of her Chakra. After Nagato and Obito, I view her the 3rd strongest member in the Akatsuki. She can easily beat lots of top tier ninjas.

Increased Pressure
Increased in Heat
Larger Shockwave
That force would still be replicated if it exploded in 10 minutes. The only difference is in duration.