Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This is about two people, in different ages and places, but the same timeline.
The title is not about who you think.

The baby is crying.

"Give it here!"

The mother is complaining but she is literally powerless against her father, and his minions.

"This is the property of our league now, if I can't make this child useful he should never have been born..."

-----------------------------------------
As far as Anarky knew, he had no parents.
No guardians and no wish to get any.

Overlords is what they are, people telling you how to think, behave, act whatever, it's all nonsense.

Nobody would stop him littering the walls, nobody would stop him spitting on people from balconies.

It's only a big deal when people make it a big deal. Worst thing that could happen is only happening if you get caught. That was why he hated the police.
Those moronic idiots, thinking they have the right to just mess with you.

That's the right he should have, when he spits on them they should just move on, not chase him down like an animal.

Every time they come after him it only fuels him further, further into petty crimes.

---------------

The beatings never stopped, that much the kid understood.
But they would go away if you only acted right, the more he was beaten the more he learned to avoid them. At one point he began to question is own thoughts even before he attempted to ask a question, wander off, express himself.
The physical violence was in his head somehow.
But it wasn't like he could ever fight back, they were making him a warrior, and all the other adults were just that, tools, weapons, things, not beings.
Most of the time he was quiet, he stopped crying a long time ago, even though he was only an infant in his grandfathers eyes.
They said he was older than he looked, that he had been around for so long that he was tired of pathetic wishes of a stupid child.

The one time he felt happier was when he was allowed to visit mother, or when the caretaker was Cassandra, they were always kind to him., telling him stories of the world, of places far away, he wanted to visit those places, he would look across the mountains and just wish to be there, the stories were not very nice, they could be grim even, but he felt a connection with them.
As if life could be different than how it was right now.
As if his father was out there, willing to meet him one day.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"You are a spoiled miserable little creature, aren't you!?"

"Do you seriously think there is a method to the madness, that you at all have anything proper to say?"

"Everything about you is garbage, and that's what you will always be, garbage. You can't pick yourself up, you can't behave, you are lucky people have haven't thrown you in Arkham just cus they felt like it. You wouldn't be able to argue against them."

"Whatever old man..."

"Old man? I'm not your father kid, thankfully enough". I bet your real dad was a stupid moron as well, some junkie nobody.

You think people will know you for all the anarky you go after?
You are a moron, nobody will remember you for nothin.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"If you choose to leave Damian, nobody is coming with you, nobody will hold your hand, give you money, passage or love. We wont stop you, but you will not be allowed to return."

And your mother, she stays here.
I raised you so you would be useful, I alwasy knew you would resent me, but it's thinks to me you have power in this world, that will always be thanks to me, that you even understand how the world works is a blessing, a blessing from me."

"I understand, grandfather."

"Sometimes, my boy, I think about leaving the world for good, then I remember I have no proper air, perhaps if you came back a wiser man, one day you could take over."

Damian was off, he was going to travel around the world, on his own, illegally and forcefully.
He couldnt be stopped, he was determined to meet his father, the real one.