Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba ~ 1080p -> 1440p Wallpaper (Edit)

Lukecetion

Kin
754💸
Kumi
1,177💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The blurs defeat the purpose of upscaling. Many details have been lost for the smooth look.
I'd like to say that I have nothing against constructive feedback, but this isn't constructive. If you would be as kind as to actually point out 1-3 specific spots were the blur (specifically the blur) led to a loss of detail that also didn't serve a secondary utility use, then that would be great.

I wouldn't say that. The background blur aims to bring focus to the main interest in the image, which is also centered. Because of the placement of the character (being a bit off center in terms of weight) its clear that the idea was to invoke focus on the character. The art-style originally chosen was that of water-painting, which would generally not have live-focus. When I upscale it and smoothed the colors to hide both the loss of quality from the upscale and the poor quality from the get-go, the image was less of a water painting and more of a digital one.

Because of that there would be no purpose to not add in the blur to further enhance the focus laid out by the choice of weight. The most noticeable details that were lost as a result of this (outside of the clearly blurred background) was the rugged line work. Which depending on your preference might be a good thing. Outside of that the vast majority of detail remain. If you were referring to the dither effect added on top of that, then I could understand, but you specifically stated "blur". Because images work on a per pixel basis as opposed to vector images you can't just upscale an image without loosing quality in some regard.

It is entirely impossible. The only way around this would be draw over the image again, which would make it a redraw and not a upscale. That being said, I have uploaded a version without the blur as it is entirely dependent of preference.

What did you do?
If you want me to be entirely specific;
  • Color Correction
  • Gamma Correction
  • Exposure Correction
  • Dither
  • Focal Blur
  • High Pass Blur
  • Resolution Change

Reactions: HowDidIGetPrem

Minato Kamikaze

Regular
Kin
2,658💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'd like to say that I have nothing against constructive feedback, but this isn't constructive. If you would be as kind as to actually point out 1-3 specific spots were the blur (specifically the blur) led to a loss of detail that also didn't serve a secondary utility use, then that would be great.

I wouldn't say that. The background blur aims to bring focus to the main interest in the image, which is also centered. Because of the placement of the character (being a bit off center in terms of weight) its clear that the idea was to invoke focus on the character. The art-style originally chosen was that of water-painting, which would generally not have live-focus. When I upscale it and smoothed the colors to hide both the loss of quality from the upscale and the poor quality from the get-go, the image was less of a water painting and more of a digital one.

Because of that there would be no purpose to not add in the blur to further enhance the focus laid out by the choice of weight. The most noticeable details that were lost as a result of this (outside of the clearly blurred background) was the rugged line work. Which depending on your preference might be a good thing. Outside of that the vast majority of detail remain. If you were referring to the dither effect added on top of that, then I could understand, but you specifically stated "blur". Because images work on a per pixel basis as opposed to vector images you can't just upscale an image without loosing quality in some regard.

It is entirely impossible. The only way around this would be draw over the image again, which would make it a redraw and not a upscale. That being said, I have uploaded a version without the blur as it is entirely dependent of preference.

• Color Correction
  • Gamma Correction
  • Exposure Correction
  • Dither
  • Focal Blur
  • High Pass Blur
  • Resolution Change
Ohh, right I didn't see the before picture yesterday.
So i was confused if you actually made it yourself or not.
I was hoping you made it yourself. Oh well, it's okay tho.

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

• Color Correction
  • Gamma Correction
  • Exposure Correction
  • Dither
  • Focal Blur
  • High Pass Blur
  • Resolution Change
Yea, I liked the jagged edges