[Discussion] Deku's quirk a bit too convenient?

Passerby

Veteran
Kin
1,405💸
Kumi
711💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I watch the anime only so don't roast me but isn't Deku's quirk a bit too convenient? So having the One For All automatically puts him above everyone? Like he can beat anyone by just punching them wtf?

IMO Bakugo's quirk is OP and much more devastating than Midoriya's quirk.

uhmusddy

Veteran
Kin
38💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think the drawbacks off it are pretty fair. And he’s above the support cast but not his rivals

Although I’m only at episode 34 so idk what everyone’s looking like in the latest episodes

To be fair, this is the legendary power of the greatest hero(and his predecessors which is unknown to everyone)

Eos

Kin
71💸
Kumi
4,624💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
All for one has its drawbacks. You've seen what it does to Deku (at least until he learns to control it better.)
Bakugo's doesn't have the same limits. His Quirk is strong, sure, but something with drawbacks is almost always going to be better long-term.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Don't really see what's convenient about it. In the end it's just super strength, something that's rather boring IMO. The fact that it takes a tremendous amount of training to avoid recoil damage pretty much balances things out.

Most other people can steadily grow with their quirk. In Deku's case though before he can do that, he has to be able to control it fully. He already nearly lost his arms.

Yeah, if he was able to fully use OFA from the get-go, now that would have been convenient.

OG sama

Veteran
Kin
347💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No its not convenient, and like others have said I don't see why you think it's convenient, it's supposed to be very powerful but really it doesn't give him access to everything, I don't even think he can fly with AFO, and you have to train your body to use it to its maximum potential.

Bakugo's quirk only appears to be more devastating because he's had it since he was 4 while Deku hasn't had AFO for even two years yet. If you know what All Might is capable of then you would know it's not more devastating or as OP.

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I think it's convenient but don't really agree with your reasoning. What's so convenient about All For One is the fact that the author can exert so much control over Deku's progress. At any given moment, the author can reasonably say "oh, Deku now can handle this much more of his quirk"(I think 2% more is fair game & 3% that is iffy) and we could believe it because we know Deku's always training off-screen. He could even stagnate Deku for whatever reason he needs to and it'd be hard to call it out as bullshit unless it's obvious(like Deku training for 2 whole years and not progressing).

suki

Veteran
Kin
415💸
Kumi
4,180💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
One for all is a really interesting quirk. It was made clear several times that we still don't know a lot about it, about the other things that comes along in the package other than superhuman strength, and therefore we still have a lot more to learn about it. I don't want to spoil anything since I don't know how far you guys are at in the anime, but at this stage of the manga, the author is finally drawing in on the quirk and hopefully dwell into the whole concept about it during the current and following arcs.

HaruSenshi

Elite
Kin
482💸
Kumi
2,000💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I do think it puts him above everyone as he has way less uses of it, if he decides to go full throttle... It's a powerful quirk if done right but that's with almost any quirk except those which are completely useless. Nevertheless it's the mc so what do you expect really?

To Whatever

Legendary
Kin
93💸
Kumi
66💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
His power is like giving a child a Demon.

Sure, its one of the fastest cars out there. But a child is driving it.

He spent a majority of the time damaging himself trying to use it