Debunking The Sasuke Lowball

Kin
358💸
Kumi
205💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This is a very detailed thread that debunks the downplay I usually see around.
I originally made this thread in another forum and decided that it should be here as well.

Killer Bee almost killed Sasuke twice and he required to be saved by Taka:

And that's very true if we ignore that:

A. The Sasuke that Killer Bee was fighting was only a weakened watered-down version of Early Shippuden Sasuke:

The actual main reason why Sasuke was pushed this far by Bee is that he lost his power and was still weakened from his fight with Itachi

This statement is presented by the manga itself to explain why he underperformed in that fight but is ignored by the downplayers as if it doesn't exist.

B. That was not MS Sasuke that Bee was fighting, he barely had any MS power unlocked, nor was he Hebi, as he lost those powers in the Itachi fight, nor was he even the regular Sasuke, as he was weakened from the previous fights.
And there's a reason why Kishimoto chose to have him weakened against Bee and the Kages. It would have been a stomp in his favor if he wasn't. Those characters would have been fodderized from the get-go and never became memorable.

C. Despite that he was weakened, Killer Bee couldn't land any attacks on Sasuke without taking him off-guard:
This attack:

Was statued mid-air 5 seconds ago

Killer Bee was only able to succeed the second time when Sasuke used genjutsu and thought the fight was over and let his guard down. He had no idea perfect Jinchurikis could break out of genjutsu

This happened to other characters in other battles as well like when Kabuto split Itachi in half and when Naruto ripped Kaguya's arm and when Pain took Jiraiya's arm off, neither Kaguya nor Itachi nor Jiraiya were actually blitzed, they were taken off-guard just like Sasuke in this fight.

This is usually how superior people are defeated by inferior people in the Naruto universe:

This attack also:

Was also only possible because he let his guard down when he attacked him with his lightning-enhanced sword (which he previously thought was impossible to block) and was blocked by Killer Bee because he is a lightning user who can use the same trick, neutralizing Sasuke's attack, which left him stunned and vulnerable to attack

Sasuke used the same trick on Killer Bee moments later, allowing Jugo to tag Bee

Bee did damage weakened Sasuke, but he couldn't outclass him

D. Bee himself argued that Sasuke is the strongest one he has ever fought:

This means Bee actually regards him above alive Minato and the Raikage

E. Nothing changes the fact that Bee and 8-tails were defeated and Sasuke won that fight despite being weakened.

I know that Bee escaped, but there's nothing he could have done if he continued fighting, he lost most of his chakra to escape, while Sasuke still had Kirin to spare.

2- V2 Raikage outmatched MS Sasuke in speed and blitzed him:

This is not true either. The Raikage is not as fast as people think.

A. MS Sasuke actually did react to V2 Raikage's speed and guarded against his blitz attempt:

While the Raikage is indeed fast and nobody he encountered was able to physically dodge him besides Minato and later KCM Naruto, this doesn't really mean that his speed was beyond everyone's comprehension and nobody can react and block him, he'd be the strongest Kage if that was the case, which was never implied given the fact that Sasuke did indeed react to him and blocked his attack

*Sasuke reacts to V2 Raikage with Amaterasu, covering his ribcage while the latter is in the midst of attempting to blitz from behind*

*A second time*

Not only Sasuke, but Gaara's sand also reacted and blocked the Raikage

(Gaara's sand actually has impressive speed feats, able to keep up with Deidara who is comparable to Hebi Sasuke and Onoki's speed. Also, Gaara is the only Kage who later on reacted to fused Momoshiki)

B. The Raikage was trying to take Sasuke off-guard:

When the Raikage attacked Minato and KCM Naruto he attacked head-on in a straight line attack

Which is stated by Sasuke to be easy to counter

But when he was going against Sasuke, he was using maneuvers and trying to take him down from a blind spot.

This is totally different from what he did against Naruto and Minato. They had it easier.

And don't get me wrong, the Raikage was faster than Sasuke at that point and even his early MS's precognition, but the gap is not as large as people think. Not to the point where he is completely beyond Sasuke and his reaction speed.

C. The Raikage was only going against a premature Mangekyou. Sasuke's MS and chakra powered up many times after that fight:

Notice here after getting one Susanoo upgrade, Sasuke goes from being blitzed by a straight-line attack from Juubito to matching Juubito while he's maneuvering:

And Sasuke went through not 1 but 3 Susanoo upgrades after fighting the Raikage, there's no telling how the Raikage compares to the later versions of MS

Tobirama explains how the Mangekyou amps its user

It is a legit feat that Sasuke stormed the Kage room, cut off their flags, and almost nobody was able to react to him until he stopped and the sensors located him

Matched Danzo who is amped by Hashirama cells and likely comparable to the Raikage in speed as I'll show you

The nearly blind Sasuke who was too weakened to match Danzo:

Went toe to toe with Kakashi in the same condition (weakened, injured, and nearly blind)

And Kakashi in his turn can go toe to toe against Pain

Which means that Healthy MS Sasuke and Danzo were in a different league of speed from Kakashi, Pain, 6-tails, and SM Naruto considering that Sasuke had to be near blind to be on their level.

The Raikage's speed may have been outclassed by any version of MS Sasuke above the one he fought.

3- Sage Mode Naruto was stated by Zetsu to be stronger than Sasuke:

Zetsu's statement is taken out of context.

A. Zetsu never even watched SM Naruto fighting:
Zetsu wasn't actually present during that fight all he knows is that Naruto defeated Pain, so he assumed that he might be stronger than Sasuke

B. Zetsu was referring to 3-Tomoi Sasuke who even lost his Hebi powers, not MS, he has never seen Sasuke's MS at that point.

C. Sage Mode Naruto with intel and preparation was actually beaten by a weakened Pain, it was the Kyuubi's rampage that was winning against the deva path.

4- The Kages defeated MS Sasuke and he was saved by Gaara, Zetsu, and Obito, thus MS Sasuke is not high-Kage tier:

True. MS Sasuke is not high-Kage tier, he is demi-god tier, and as I've said before, there's a reason why the plot demanded him to be weakened.

Let's go through each Kage:

A. The Raikage:

Was being stalemated in his V2 (the strongest armor he has) by a ribcage Sasuke (the weakest Susanoo Sasuke has) and a premature MS, he couldn't deal any meaningful damage to Sasuke's ribcage, and Gaara interfered to save him:

Compare the Raikage's injuries with Sasuke's and you'll realize who was losing that battle.
B. Gaara:

Just comparing how Gaara performed against Deidara compared to Sasuke's performance, he is leagues below Hebi Sasuke:
*Gaara was beaten in his own territory in the desert by a holding-back Deidara who wasn't even prepared for that fight*

*A blood-lusted Deidara with intel, prep, and help, was beaten by a holding-back Hebi Sasuke who was trying to capture him alive and refrained from using Kirin*
He could have sliced Deidara here, but chose to punch him instead

The entire room with Gaara and the Raikage were retreating once Sasuke went to the next level:

C. Mei and Onoki:

Were going against a Sasuke who was suffering from the side-effects of using Susanoo for the first time and wasn't even interested in fighting them as his target was Danzo who was running away

Mei requires a sealed room and Sasuke to be weakened to be able to damage the ribcage Susanoo

Likewise, Onoki was only able to tag him because he was weakened

Onoki's top speed is really no different from Deidara who couldn't match Hebi Sasuke.

Notice how Deidara remarks that Onoki became faster than before for being able to match him, which means that Onoki wasn't even as fast as him when he was alive

Now imagine these dudes going against a healthy version of this Sasuke What would have happened?

D. Danzo:

Died almost 10 times to Sasuke

Danzo actually performed against Sasuke better than any other Kage could have because the side-effects of the MS were really his main weakness and Danzo's strategy depended on outlasting the MS.

5- Itachi with illness and holding back defeated Hebi Sasuke and could have killed him if he wanted:

A.
Itachi had the unfair advantage of the the Mangekyou:

Sasuke struggled to beat Itachi not because Itachi was so amazing, but because Sasuke was fighting with base Sharingan against Mangekyou. A fact that Itachi himself acknowledges.

The illness only made the fight more fair.

Also, the idea that Itachi is more talented than Sasuke is not true, there are no statements that say so. It is the other way around.

B. Sasuke himself wasn't at full power in that fight:

He was fighting while in bandages from his fight with Deidara

And fighting to a large degree while reserving chakra to suppress Orochimaru's:

C. Itachi was holding back, but not to the ridiculous extent people claim him to be:

It is actually meaningless to say that Itachi was holding back when he used every ability he had in that fight. When we say Sasuke was holding back against Deidara, it is because he actually had an attack that could have killed him but didn't use it. But what could have Itachi done differently?

D. Sasuke overcame every single MS ability Itachi had:

Tsukuyomi was broken

Amaterasu was evaded:

Susanoo was obliterated

E. There's no point in that battle where Itachi had the chance to kill Sasuke even if he wanted to, as he had a counter to every MS ability, and by the time Sasuke went out of chakra, Itachi was already dying.

Ill MS Itachi is not really superior to Hebi Sasuke, and neither is prime MS Itachi superior to prime MS Sasuke.

Last edited:

Angel90

Regular
Kin
3,456💸
Kumi
672💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I stopped reading somewhere around when Tobirama explains the sharingan. So I was right activating sharingan does empowers the user or am I wrong?

darthdawg

Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sasuke letting his guard down is a sasuke problem, shouldn’t do that until he confirmed the kill, so he deserved those losses and just wasn’t in the same league of intellect and misdirection as those

Kin
358💸
Kumi
205💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I stopped reading somewhere around when Tobirama explains the sharingan. So I was right activating sharingan does empowers the user or am I wrong?
Correct. The Mangekyou amps the stats of its users. Including speed, durability, and strength by amping their chakra. I actually think Sasuke's own body durability scales to his Susanoo.
Regular Sharingan doesn't though. There's no proof it does (I think).
Post automatically merged:

Sasuke letting his guard down is a sasuke problem, shouldn’t do that until he confirmed the kill, so he deserved those losses and just wasn’t in the same league of intellect and misdirection as those
Correct. I mean Sasuke is smarter than Killer Bee, but he just lets his guard down easily due to lack of experience. His entire experience at that point only came from training under Orochimaru rather than going through actual fights. As a matter of fact, I think he wasn't even aware that there were still people out there who were strong enough to even give him a fight.

Last edited:

Angel90

Regular
Kin
3,456💸
Kumi
672💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Correct. The Mangekyou amps the stats of its users. Including speed, durability, and strength by amping their chakra. I actually think Sasuke's own body durability scales to his Susanoo.
Regular Sharingan doesn't though. There's no proof it does (I think).
So that means that MS gives better precondition?

Uverdore9

Elite
Kin
816💸
Kumi
406💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Personally, I agree with the general premise of the thread, except, the sub section where it's extrapolated that Itachi's techniques were countered or bypassed by Sasuke.. I mean, I'm fine with the fact that it's an interpretation - but - it seems that the serialization explicitly debunks that line of reasoning - as it's stated that Sasuke did not counter any one of the former's techniques, nor his illusions and we've the fact that the latter immediately recalls all of the times that he was close to death, but didn't really die - because - Itachi was purposefully sparing his life - and holding back.. what drives the nail into the coffin is the fact that latter actually believes Obito - and doesn't doubt him - because he himself had the strangest feeling in the back of his mind.. that something wasn't right - that there was more to the story.. that Itachi was much more stronger, and capable than that.. which is why he.. someone who he believed to be Madara Uchiha.. actually bought his story.. the man who supposedly helped Itachi slaughter his clan.. because what he said was believable and he, he, himself knew even without that story - that Madara fragmentally made up - that.. he.. he, wasn't supposed to - shouldn't have won that fight..

The moment Itachi tapped the forehead - he understood everything.. - the fact that the fight was fabricated.. transferring the black flames of the Mangekyò Sharingan - to transfer the black flames of the Mangekyò Sharingan.. to bequeath him with the black flames.. .. of the Mangekyò Sharingan - on to him.

P3ĮÑ

Immortal
Kin
375💸
Kumi
48💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I agree with itachi not holding back I mean, to the extent people claim I think this is obvious given his illness which probably really affected the amount of chakra he could utilize efficiently, its what accelerated his death anyways. Gaaras sand was never slow (even part 1) to begin with if anything it always remained the fastest throughout the series the fact only he could catch fused momo with his sand demonstrates how fast his sand always was will be as long as he progresses in the series.

One of the sharingans most effective ability that people leave out his the c4 dodge by sasuke, the sharingan can see on a microscopic level, top tier/three tomoe mastered sharingan users can ironically see jigens ant man ability its a natural counter.

People don't lowball sasuke, it's usually trolls or people who dislike him but people seem to forget he is young af and is not immune to making dumb battle decisions (young/teen sasuke is cocky af) hubris does determine how badly you can get owned.

Angel90

Regular
Kin
3,456💸
Kumi
672💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The MS gives better everything from my knowledge.
It should be like that

Personally, I agree with the general premise of the thread, except, the sub section where it's extrapolated that Itachi's techniques were countered or bypassed by Sasuke.. I mean, I'm fine with the fact that it's an interpretation - but - it seems that the serialization explicitly debunks that line of reasoning - as it's stated that Sasuke did not counter any one of the former's techniques, nor his illusions and we've the fact that the latter immediately recalls all of the times that he was close to death, but didn't really die - because - Itachi was purposefully sparing his life - and holding back.. what drives the nail into the coffin is the fact that latter actually believes Obito - and doesn't doubt him - because he himself had the strangest feeling in the back of his mind.. that something wasn't right - that there was more to the story.. that Itachi was much more stronger, and capable than that.. which is why he.. someone who he believed to be Madara Uchiha.. actually bought his story.. the man who supposedly helped Itachi slaughter his clan.. because what he said was believable and he, he, himself knew even without that story - that Madara fragmentally made up - that.. he.. he, wasn't supposed to - shouldn't have won that fight..

The moment Itachi tapped the forehead - he understood everything.. - the fact that the fight was fabricated.. transferring the black flames of the Mangekyò Sharingan - to transfer the black flames of the Mangekyò Sharingan.. to bequeath him with the black flames.. .. of the Mangekyò Sharingan - on to him.
Sasuke have his own Mangekyou sharingan abilitites